Bret Bielema?!?!???!??!

knapplc

I did bring it up. It bothered me. It also bothered me that people said they wouldn't really care about it if we won. It's hypocritical.

I remember seeing on the Wisconsin scout boards that they weren't sad at all to see him go. Many felt he resented the state, program, and Alvarez. Bert's not "as bad" as Bo, but he's far, far, from ideal.

This reeks of a Shawn Eichorst buddy hire, one of those things that everyone hated from Pelini. It's certainly not the best candidate, that's for damn sure.

it is not hypocritical. you can defend a guy who is mean but a winner, or nice but is a loser. but a mean loser? good luck. with bo, it was the totality of behavior, accomplishments, lack of improvement, etc. he was stubborn, arrogant, and combative even after getting embarrassed on the field.

also, buddy hires are fine if they are competent and good for the program. beck, paps? not so much.

bielema? i will give it the benefit of the doubt.

• Fire 1

Screen_Shot_2014_12_03_at_3_00_08_PM.png

Considering Arkansas plays in the toughest division CFB has seen in ages, that is one pretty damn impressive schedule.

Excusing a season opening blowout to Auburn, they were in EVERY single game they played this year.

But please, continue to point out how awful he would be at Nebraska.

A great season with a 6-6 record, with 4 wins coming over cupcakes. We were better off with BP. This would be a BS hire.

T_O_B

I don't understand the anger that many fans are having regarding Bielema. Look at the facts here:

1. He has a lot of experience as head coach (which many people want)

2. He knows how to win in the Big Ten

3. He utilizes a power running game and strong defense, which is right out of Nebraska history books

Because he's a classless tool. Nobody in the B1G liked the guy, and even Wisconsin fans weren't sad to see him leave. How hard is that to understand?

That's exactly it. Great coach, horrible person. I've talked to a few different people who have met ol Bert in person and he cares about NO ONE other than himself. At least Bo cared about the players. Talk about not fitting the culture...

Why did he leave Wisky in the first place?

He left because he was continually losing his assistants to other programs because he was unable to loosen Wisconsin's purse strings. Also, I've heard vague talk that some of the Wisconsin fans weren't overly happy with his personality, but I don't know what that's about. But it's safe to say he wasn't on the best terms with the fans.

The thing that strikes me about what he's done at Arkansas... the improvement from last year to this... and just LOOK at those losses. I wouldn't have minded some of the losses we've had over the years, if they were a little closer to what we see in Bielema's results above (not to speak of the caliber of teams he barely lost to).

• Fire 1