Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

He'll be gone after the first year, so let's start the new coaching search now.

In that case he'll last a hell of a lot longer than you likely will on this board.

Dude, Husker68601 you've done nothing wrong man! welcome to this board.. As far as I'm concerned husker nation has been divided thanks to our A.D. this guy's got no business being here.. and neither does his splash hire! If we were smart and a hell of lot less

lazy.. we'd be down there protesting at 9 a.m. sharp tomorrow morning!!

We need to send them packing along with all the cheese we can pick up from bakers, bag n save, insert your favorite store here..

and send them on there merry f**cking way!!

Rich Kaipust ‏@RKaipustOWH

Jack Gangwish said Riley 'told us a little bit what he’s about.' Of new situation, jr. DE said #Huskers 'just have to make the best of it'

Sigh. Unless the attitude of these players change, it's gonna be a rough few years for Riley until he weeds some of these players out of the program

Thats a pretty disappointing quote.

He met the players for 10 minutes. That's hardly time to really get to know him.

In that case he'll last a hell of a lot longer than you likely will on this board.

Dude, Husker68601 you've done nothing wrong man! welcome to this board.. As far as I'm concerned husker nation has been divided thanks to our A.D. this guy's got no business being here.. and neither does his splash hire! If we were smart and a hell of lot less

We need to send them packing along with all the cheese we can pick up from bakers, bag n save, insert your favorite store here..

Bo divided huskernation. And fans with all our 9 wins garbage.
  • Fire 2

Note Riley also beat both UCLA and Wisconsin in the same year they both pasted Bo (yes, with basically the same resources Iowa State offers Paul Rhoads).

I don't care if the conference titles don't come right away... or if we even have to endure a 5 win season why he re-tools.. I just want to see a team motivated to compete with the likes of Wisconsin, right down to the last second, if even in a single digit loss.

• Fire 2

WOW! Dude, relax and have a drink or get laid tonight!

Rich Kaipust ‏@RKaipustOWH Jack Gangwish said Riley 'told us a little bit what hes about.' Of new situation, jr. DE said #Huskers 'just have to make the best of it' Sigh. Unless the attitude of these players change, it's gonna be a rough few years for Riley until he weeds some of these players out of the program.

Gangwish was the one guy amidst all the positive player tweets this morning to complain about the e-mail announcement.Hoping he's the exception and not the rule. Or better, that he gets with the program.And really, any poisonous attitude carryover from the previous regime -- whether it's in assistants or in players -- can't get out of here fast enough. Team leaders, and future team leaders, it's time to take ownership of your team.
Apparently Riley told then that it takes time to work things out. He understands that players don't like losing their coach.

Rich Kaipust ‏@RKaipustOWH Jack Gangwish said Riley 'told us a little bit what hes about.' Of new situation, jr. DE said #Huskers 'just have to make the best of it' Sigh. Unless the attitude of these players change, it's gonna be a rough few years for Riley until he weeds some of these players out of the program.

Gangwish was the one guy amidst all the positive player tweets this morning to complain about the e-mail announcement.Hoping he's the exception and not the rule. Or better, that he gets with the program.And really, any poisonous attitude carryover from the previous regime -- whether it's in assistants or in players -- can't get out of here fast enough. Team leaders, and future team leaders, it's time to take ownership of your team.

Apparently Riley told then that it takes time to work things out. He understands that players don't like losing their coach.

I guess there's the other possibility that we just jumped to conclusions and interpreted it wrong. I hope so.

Let's see...Some feel Frost needs a couple" years experience as a head coach,..just not here..So we hire a "throw away" coach to keep the seat warm while he obtains the experience..Never mind that we set back recruiting another 4 years switching offensive philosophies .

I'm starting to miss Bo..

The Riley love has always been media driven and sort of crazy.

He won 5 games at OSU and USC wanted him in 2000 (he turned it down and USC got Pete Carroll and the rest is history) - then Dennis Erickson shows up at OSU and wins the Fiesta Bowl and was frankly the best team in the nation that year (Notre Dame didn't cross the 50 yard line).

The guy isn't Lane Kiffin...but he has always gotten that Lane Kiffin love...so much praise with so little results.

Dennis Erickson got OSU to 10-2...and a near shot at the national at crappy OSU...it can be done.

I don't think Riley has the DNA for the next level (the crutch of saying, it's Nebraska - that doesn't mean shite anymore - Riley is not a great recruiter - (I lived in Oregon for 10 years) - I think he's a good coach...and I think he makes his crap talent pretty good....but his program always just lived to "upset teams" - never like Dennis Erickson where he wanted to dominate.

Riley is a softy. A family man. An old man who has admitted he is comfortable in life and doesn't really strive anymore.

I think Nebraska just hired grandpa who rode a bicycle to work.

He's a guy (because of "turning Oregon State around from 2-10 to 4-5) that was his claim to fame...

And yet Dennis Erickson in two years took Oregon State to the brink of the national title.

You just hired grandpa caretakeer.

You can win at Oregon State...big time...and Dennis Erickson proved it right after Riley.

You will have a very nice coach who is fan friendly and sponser friendly...but who who has spent his entire coaching life thinking that 5-7 wins is an awesome season.

He's not cutthroat....

He's a softie....Nebraska is fricked.

Guys, trust your AD. I don't think Wisconsin fans were happy going from Barry Alvarez down to Bret Bielema. Nor was anyone happy when when we lost Bielema we had to look up a coach from freaking Utah State in Gary Anderson. Utah State! What? 4 wins, 4 wins, 7 wins and 11 wins. Thats 3 steps below Oregon State. Alvarez knew far more than the fans looking for splash hires and big salaries. Fans generally don't know squat about X's and O's, leave that to the AD's who have great contacts, let them sort it out. Trust the football minds, not the knee jerk fans reacting to a name they don't know. I would have never picked Gary Anderson but I wouldn't trade him for Saban, winning is only part of the equation and he'll do plenty of that. He'll also graduate kids, he'll recruit character and he'll teach...all while putting the institution first.

Riley may or may not bring championships, only time will tell. The certainty is that he'll represent the university and state well, he'll restore the integrity and pride in your program (by not screaming like a fool at kids or coaches on the sidelines), he'll handle your media with class and the bottom line is the guy still knows football. If he has an identical record to Pelini in 7 years then this is a huge upgrade. Anything more is just icing on the cake.

• Fire 3

The Riley love has always been media driven and sort of crazy.

He won 5 games at OSU and USC wanted him in 2000 (he turned it down and USC got Pete Carroll and the rest is history) - then Dennis Erickson shows up at OSU and wins the Fiesta Bowl and was frankly the best team in the nation that year (Notre Dame didn't cross the 50 yard line).

The guy isn't Lane Kiffin...but he has always gotten that Lane Kiffin love...so much praise with so little results.

Dennis Erickson got OSU to 10-2...and a near shot at the national at crappy OSU...it can be done.

I don't think Riley has the DNA for the next level (the crutch of saying, it's Nebraska - that doesn't mean shite anymore - Riley is not a great recruiter - (I lived in Oregon for 10 years) - I think he's a good coach...and I think he makes his crap talent pretty good....but his program always just lived to "upset teams" - never like Dennis Erickson where he wanted to dominate.

Riley is a softy. A family man. An old man who has admitted he is comfortable in life and doesn't really strive anymore.

I think Nebraska just hired grandpa who rode a bicycle to work.

He's a guy (because of "turning Oregon State around from 2-10 to 4-5) that was his claim to fame...

And yet Dennis Erickson in two years took Oregon State to the brink of the national title.

You just hired grandpa caretakeer.

You can win at Oregon State...big time...and Dennis Erickson proved it right after Riley.

You will have a very nice coach who is fan friendly and sponser friendly...but who who has spent his entire coaching life thinking that 5-7 wins is an awesome season.

He's not cutthroat....

He's a softie....Nebraska is fricked.

:throw

To be fair he never had the facilities or resources that Nebraska has to offer. He might not be the best recruiter, but that is what scouting coaches are for. I was a little upset about the hire earlier today but after reading up and doing a little research I am quite pleased with the hire. He has the experience we greatly need. In my opinion the success will come down to the staff that he hires and retains.