Expectations over the next 5 years

That is the longest post I've ever seen that didn't answer a direct question.

I'm saying Matt Ryan and other pros struggling to make "basic reads" in a WCO is evidence that the WCO isn't suited for the limitations in CFB. It's not as hard to grasp as you're making it. Almost all up and coming OCs are moving away from it at the college level.

Smoke and mirrors

Heck, I wish we would keep using those smoke and mirrors!

How about we start to trend into something of substance

If you had your way, we'd bring back Callahan.

I thought he should have been given longer. He had a top 5 recruiting class coming in. { Which Bo lost most of.} Riley came in a saved nearly 100% of the class.

This isn't even remotely true.

It's one thing to have outlandish opinions. But to outright lie? Why?

Actually he is closer to it then you are. Callahan had the #7 rated recruiting class at the time when he got fired. It was stated in a USATODAY article that wont let me paste it. Here are a few things to wrap your head around and try and tell me that Callahan didn't have a top 5 class in the works.

It should be noted that Callahan's 2008 class was shaping up to be his best before he was let go. That class, which at one point contained two five stars (Baker Steinkuhler and Blaine Gabbert) and eight four-stars, was ranked in the top ten during the season, but it fell apart during Nebraska's 2007 collapse and Callahan's firing after the regular-season finale. https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1632299

The Huskers recruiting class of 2008 might be remembered as much for whom it didn't include as for who it did. Among the decommits were five-star quarterback Blaine Gabbert, four-star running back Jonas Gray, four-star offensive linemen Trevor Robinson, Bryce Givens, and Dan Hoch, four-star linebacker Shaun Mohler, and five-star defensive end Simi Kuli. http://bigrednetwork.com/story/the_class_of_2008_comes_together/

Smoke and mirrors

I thought he should have been given longer. He had a top 5 recruiting class coming in. { Which Bo lost most of.} Riley came in a saved nearly 100% of the class.

Actually he is closer to it then you are. Callahan had the #7 rated recruiting class at the time when he got fired. It was stated in a USATODAY article that wont let me paste it. Here are a few things to wrap your head around and try and tell me that Callahan didn't have a top 5 class in the works.

It should be noted that Callahan's 2008 class was shaping up to be his best before he was let go. That class, which at one point contained two five stars (Baker Steinkuhler and Blaine Gabbert) and eight four-stars, was ranked in the top ten during the season, but it fell apart during Nebraska's 2007 collapse and Callahan's firing after the regular-season finale. https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1632299

The Huskers recruiting class of 2008 might be remembered as much for whom it didn't include as for who it did. Among the decommits were five-star quarterback Blaine Gabbert, four-star running back Jonas Gray, four-star offensive linemen Trevor Robinson, Bryce Givens, and Dan Hoch, four-star linebacker Shaun Mohler, and five-star defensive end Simi Kuli. http://bigrednetwork.com/story/the_class_of_2008_comes_together/

The class fell apart way before Pelini took over and the class wasn't ranked #7 at the time he was fired.

Smoke and mirrors

The class fell apart way before Pelini took over and the class wasn't ranked #7 at the time he was fired.

Exactly. But that won't stop the revisionists.

I guess we needed Cally 2.0 to allow the fans of v1 to come out of the weeds.

Stumpy, your list of "commits" that were lost due to the firing were actually lost much earlier. For example, givens was visiting other schools in October and November of that fall.

And Callahan was fired on November 23rd. Givens stayed committed but took visits. He committed to CU on 12/18/07. That doesn't look like "much earlier" to me.

To continue, here are some of the top guys and when they de-committed.

Gabbert: De-committed 10/25/07

Hoch: De-committed 1/8/08

Givens: De-committed 12/18/07

Gray: De-committed 10/18/07

Reiff: De-committed 12/20/07

Smoke and mirrors

Nebraska_Cornhuskers.jpg+ MikeRiley-Sad-Balloon.jpg = oOXDJDU.jpg = Radar-O-Reilly-m-a-s-h-14056552-422-280.

• Fire 1

Smoke and mirrors

Nebraska_Cornhuskers.jpg+ MikeRiley-Sad-Balloon.jpg = oOXDJDU.jpg = Radar-O-Reilly-m-a-s-h-14056552-422-280.

LOL

Stumpy, your list of "commits" that were lost due to the firing were actually lost much earlier. For example, givens was visiting other schools in October and November of that fall.

And Callahan was fired on November 23rd. Givens stayed committed but took visits. He committed to CU on 12/18/07. That doesn't look like "much earlier" to me.

To continue, here are some of the top guys and when they de-committed.

Gabbert: De-committed 10/25/07

Hoch: De-committed 1/8/08

Givens: De-committed 12/18/07

Gray: De-committed 10/18/07

Reiff: De-committed 12/20/07

There ya go,quite a class, CM is quite revisionist, If Callahan would have been given a year or 2 more, who know what type of talent he could have brought here.

Vindicated again. I really love how badly you guys want to discredit me and yet you fail every time. :)

I really love how badly you guys want to discredit me and yet you fail every time. :)

hqdefault.jpg

When Bo's less-than-inspiring final speech to his team went public, it wasn't Eichorst who looked bad.

Time to move on into 2015 where Eichorst was booed at Memorial Stadium.

The fans were scum for doing that. I remember when Bob Brown was honored in Memorial stadium, it was the first time he returned since he played. Pederson introduced him. The fans booed and he thought it was about him. Sickening. Nebraska fans are a$$hole$ sometimes.

Brown did not think it was about him. Stop making things up.

Yes he did, I was close enough to see the reaction on his face. Imagine a hall of famer comes back for the first time in 40 years and the crowd boos when you are introduced. He has not been back. Nebraska fans can be a$$hole$ and they were on that day and also when Eichorst was booed this year.

If he had not been back in 40 years prior to that, why should it be surprising that he has not been back in the past 10?

*crickets*

• Fire 1

It is officlal

RADAR should be a mod!

LOL

What about when they booed during the OSU home game comeback?

What about it?

Were fans being a$$hole$ as you put it.

I find it interesting you can read Brown's mind based on a facial expression.

I don't believe anyone was booing during the comeback so you can make your own judgement if you were even there.

There was no smile on Brown's face, just a WTF look so yes I can read body language pretty good.

Still just speculation.

It's possible he knew they were booing Pederson, but he made the face because he thought it was still inappropriate.

Yup, a guy that had not been back in 40 years and he knew they weren't booing him when the booing started the moment he was introduced. You can take that point of view if it makes you feel better. Or maybe you were one of the boo birds?

You're assuming that just because he didn't live in/near Lincoln he was oblivious to the status of the program and the people running it? How elitist of you.

I'm not taking that point of view to feel better. In fact, I'm not taking anything. I'm just not naive enough to believe that you can read minds. I'm not a bird -- you need someone to give you one?

That is what happened, you obviously were not there, Nebraska fans were a$$hole$ that day and it was shameful.

I wasn't there, but I can read news accounts, like how during Brown's acknowledgements and when he mentioned Pederson's name, the boos started up again. You're assuming Brown didn't notice that? Oh, that's right. You KNOW he didn't, because you are in his head...

The damage was already done, I am glad you got all the information you need from news accounts because you were not there. might want to read some more.

What damage? Are you assuming Brown is incapable of changing his opinion when faced with contradictory evidence?

Such clairvoyance! Are you telepathetic?

*crickets*