Expectations over the next 5 years

If you had your way, we'd bring back Callahan.

I thought he should have been given longer. He had a top 5 recruiting class coming in. { Which Bo lost most of.} Riley came in a saved nearly 100% of the class.

Yeah but Bo and hist staff sucked at recruiting and as you said Bo brought in horrible players so why would Riley want to save the class and why would would be happy about that?

*crickets*

I really love how badly you guys want to discredit me and yet you fail every time. :)

hqdefault.jpg

When Bo's less-than-inspiring final speech to his team went public, it wasn't Eichorst who looked bad.

Time to move on into 2015 where Eichorst was booed at Memorial Stadium.

The fans were scum for doing that. I remember when Bob Brown was honored in Memorial stadium, it was the first time he returned since he played. Pederson introduced him. The fans booed and he thought it was about him. Sickening. Nebraska fans are a$$hole$ sometimes.

Brown did not think it was about him. Stop making things up.

Yes he did, I was close enough to see the reaction on his face. Imagine a hall of famer comes back for the first time in 40 years and the crowd boos when you are introduced. He has not been back. Nebraska fans can be a$$hole$ and they were on that day and also when Eichorst was booed this year.

If he had not been back in 40 years prior to that, why should it be surprising that he has not been back in the past 10?

*crickets*

You can buy raid to take care of those. Glad I could help. :)

That is the longest post I've ever seen that didn't answer a direct question.

I'm saying Matt Ryan and other pros struggling to make "basic reads" in a WCO is evidence that the WCO isn't suited for the limitations in CFB. It's not as hard to grasp as you're making it. Almost all up and coming OCs are moving away from it at the college level.

Good Lord, man. I already said your comment was among the stupidest ever posted.

Why are you doubling down?

Which part is stupider, the assumption that professional quarterbacks don't successfully complete most of their basic reads, and that Matt Ryan's recent interception is indicative of anything?

That college and high school quarterbacks can't complete basic reads, despite sh#tloads of evidence to the contrary?

That this particular interception thrown by this particular QB came on a uniquely "WCO" play?

Or that the same logic would suggest a running back who fumbles is evidence that the running game is too risky to pull off?

I'm going to vote for your apparent belief that any forward pass is evidence of a West Coast Offense.

What stand out OCs run a WCO at the college level?

Lane kitten?

USC

Michigan

Stanford

Bama

Craig Bohl at Wyoming and NDSU

There are a lot of teams that use the WCO passing philosophies to go along with a power run game or spread run game. Riley runs a WCO passing philosophy and a mix of different running philosophies. He doesn't run a straight WCO like you seem to think.

So... All teams that recruit better than NU can or weren't very good offensively.

People keep saying that Riley runs an "adaptable WCO" that will be run focused and will be tailored to team strengths. I defy anyone to really explain what he and Langs are trying to do from one play to the next.

It's a pick a play out of the bag system and a dying one at that.

• Fire 2

Nobody runs the WCO anymore. At the same time, everybody runs the WCO.

After 35 years, coaches have picked up the WCO elements they like and bring in their own pieces, as coaches have done forever. For some reason they don't get obsessed with naming it. If you see teams that swap a few safe running plays for high percentage short and mid-range passing plays that spread the field, you're watching WCO principals at work. It revolutionized football to the point where it's taken for granted.

I can't name the specific philosophy of what Riley and Langs are trying to do from one play to the next, but again, they are among the Top 3 in the Big 10 in Total Offense, Scoring Offense, Third Down Conversion and Time of Possession, so your premise that it's merely random and clueless only plays to your dislike of Nebraska's coaching hire.

Are you suggesting that the WCO is a "pick a play out of the bag" system? Jesus, you don't know football.

As I recall, your premise is that the WCO is dying, which is why Nebraska needs to run an offense more like Navy's.

For some reason you don't delve into the dying popularity of run-first offenses, which is far more traceable than the history of the WCO, an offense you clearly don't understand.

And the original post tries to connect a single interception of Matt Ryan's to the difficulty elite pros, much less college players have, making basic reads in these scary and complicated passing schemes. You're really off the rails at this point.

There are four elite teams left in this college football season. You wouldn't call any of them pass-happy, and god-forbid you'd credit the WCO influence, but Clemson averaged 34 pass attempts a game, Oklahoma averaged 33 pass attempts a game, and MSU and Alabama both averaged 30 pass attempts a game. These are teams that can pass and run and bring multiple weapons to both approaches, and who knows what play Saban or Swinney will pull out of his bag?

The name of their offensive philosophy is Winning.

They are run by college quarterbacks who make basic reads and have since they were playing Pop Warner, because the forward pass is not the enemy of football. The good quarterbacks also throw fewer interceptions than our quarterback, and enjoy defenses that hold the opponent to less than 28 points a game.

• Fire 1

Are you suggesting that the WCO is a "pick a play out of the bag" system? Jesus, you don't know football.

I believe he clearly stated that Riley/Langs' offense is a "pick a play out of the bag" system. Not all WCOs.

On a sidenote, do you know what it usually means when someone resorts to personal attacks like you do?

On a sidenote, do you know what it usually means when someone resorts to personal attacks like you do?

That they're tired of condescending, one-note posters passing their bullsh#t off as knowledge?

Nope, it means they've lost the argument.

Are you calling me a loser?

Pretty sure that's a TOS violation.

Anyway, I have five posts on this page of this thread. I suspected they would be a complete waste of time but tried to compose them for maximum comprehension.

So please: point to something in my posts that isn't true. And if you or CM or my old pal TheSker isn't too busy, feel free to answer any of the incredibly relevant questions you've been choosing to avoid.

So please: point to something in my posts that isn't true. And if you or CM or my old pal TheSker isn't too busy, feel free to answer any of the incredibly relevant questions you've been choosing to avoid.

I'm not sure what question(s) I've chosen to avoid, but thank you for checking in.