New NU Linebacker Coach Trent Bray

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Trent-Bray-is-headed-to-Nebraska-to-join-Mike-Rileys-staff-33608184

It appears that at least one of the assistants making the move to Nebraska from Oregon State will be linebackers coach Trent Bray.

http://www.osubeavers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30800&ATCLID=207912440

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Oregon State, 2012-present (LB); Arizona State (LB), 2009-11; California Redwoods (2009); Hamburg Sea Devils – player (2007).

OSU HIGHLIGHTS
D.J. Alexander (LB) – Pac-12 Player of the Week
Total Defense (354 yds p/g) – 3rd in Pac-12
Scoring Defense (20.6 pts) – 2nd in Pac-12
3rd-Down Pct. Defense (29.3%) – 6th in NCAA

Ummm....

If your wondering why this is being posted here even though I believe this was linked in another thread, i do this because there are more casual observers of huskerboard than diehards. Many people don't want to dig through a 6 page mega thread to see if anything new has happened. This allows those to see the new news quicker.

• Fire 6

Ummm....

If your wondering why this is being posted here even though I believe this was linked in another thread, i do this because there are more casual observers of huskerboard than diehards. Many people don't want to dig through a 6 page mega thread to see if anything new has happened. This allows those to see the new news quicker.

I'd say the last week has been a pretty good indicator of that. Makes sense.

Hopefully some more of those casual observers become regular members. We need some new insight and opinions around here. I know varying opinions is a pretty scary thing, but it creates thought and discussion. Or at least, in an ordinary world it ought to.

• Fire 1

Ummm....

I'd say the last week has been a pretty good indicator of that. Makes sense.

Hopefully some more of those casual observers become regular members. We need some new insight and opinions around here. I know varying opinions is a pretty scary thing, but it creates thought and discussion. Or at least, in an ordinary world it ought to.

:wastedchuckleshuffle

Ummm....

Good looking out brah

The information I've read about Trent Bray seems pretty positive with him as a LB coach and recruiter in Texas. I hope he does real well with his group. It would be wonderful to see our linebackers mold into some hard hitting, ball hawking, group tackling, smart players that are allowed to play with some aggressiveness and instinct. This is a particular area that has been underperforming for several years. I might say under developing but at the same time it has to do with the type of responsibility and expectation that has been coached towards the group. How they are coached to play in the grand scheme.

Also hoping Coach Mike Riley does a real nice job with his entire staff selection. I think we all know that these assistants can make such a difference.

So Riley is going to saddle this team with his DC from Oregon State? I'm okay with the LB coach and Special Teams coach...but he had an opportunity to get someone of quality in this position and failed--if the Beavers were ready to run him out on a rail for fielding a poor Defense, what will happen when the same s**t show to Lincoln?

It's like the Callahan s**t all over again, but with more Brylcream, AARP discounts, and pockets full of s****y hard candies

So Riley is going to saddle this team with his DC from Oregon State? I'm okay with the LB coach and Special Teams coach...but he had an opportunity to get someone of quality in this position and failed--if the Beavers were ready to run him out on a rail for fielding a poor Defense, what will happen when the same s**t show to Lincoln?

It's like the Callahan s**t all over again, but with more Brylcream, AARP discounts, and pockets full of s****y hard candies

Yeah...OSU's D has been horrid. Cal, Wazzu and Colorado are the only ones who can claim to be worse. 59 points given up to Eastern Washington?????