New NU Linebacker Coach Trent Bray

Trust him to put a staff together. Geeze, some of you whine more than my 3 year old daughter.

+1

A lot of questioning about coaches we don't know a lot about. It's hard to judge how they'll do in this situation because they haven't been in this situation before.

Can we save the bitching and questioning until after they give us a reason to bitch and question? Good lord.

Give them a chance. See what they do. If it sucks whine all you want.

No, we can't and shouldn't--that's the rub, in that we've already had two mulligans, and this program likely can't survive a third...not in a way that is acceptable.

Plus, we've just terminated a supposedly defensive-minded coach, and we are going to replace that with a coach that let Eastern Washington hang over 50 on them?

Take a look at our 2015 schedule and tell me how Nebraska is above .500 with that s**t show of a defense at OSU now in Lincoln?

This hire has gone from questionable to just plain s****y with these buddy hires. I thought money wasn't an issue? If not, why is Nebraska settling for bargain-rate hacks?

• Fire 2

Trust him to put a staff together. Geeze, some of you whine more than my 3 year old daughter.

Well lets put this into perspective. You ask santa for a cd of The Who, but your mom screws up and gets you a CD of The Guess Who. And after that its revealed that there is no santa and youve been lied to. People dont want to be given hope then have it taken away. Alot of people wanted hope that when bo left the person that replaced him would be better, on paper hes not. The guy who replaces him says hes not above getting people in here who knows more about things then he does. Rumor mill flys that hes not. Hence the freak out. Do you want 4 more years of sh**ty football with a guy who says golly and thats swell. I like Riley but hes is on a very very short leash with the fans.
The guess who is pretty awesome... The original american women is probably one of the top 25 songs of all time... GOAT

Ok checking stats.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... nope mine check out. 5-7 last year. We can look at ISU stats also..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ok so there 2 and 10 but they played lots of top 25 teams so they must be really stellar as well. Cummon man, im not trying to be a debbie downer but im wearing a chasity belt to keep some of you guys from pumping sunshine up my a**

:laughpound

So far this is what we have...

We just hired Oregon States head coach. His first assistant is a guy moving over from Oregon state. Now we find out that his first recruit is a linebacker who was commited to Oregon state (who is apparently ecstatic about the new turn of events). This is not at all how I envisioned this thing going. We're slowly turning into Oregon state, only with more fans.

+1

A lot of questioning about coaches we don't know a lot about. It's hard to judge how they'll do in this situation because they haven't been in this situation before.

Can we save the bitching and questioning until after they give us a reason to bitch and question? Good lord.

Give them a chance. See what they do. If it sucks whine all you want.

No, we can't and shouldn't--that's the rub, in that we've already had two mulligans, and this program likely can't survive a third...not in a way that is acceptable.

Plus, we've just terminated a supposedly defensive-minded coach, and we are going to replace that with a coach that let Eastern Washington hang over 50 on them?

Take a look at our 2015 schedule and tell me how Nebraska is above .500 with that s**t show of a defense at OSU now in Lincoln?

This hire has gone from questionable to just plain s****y with these buddy hires. I thought money wasn't an issue? If not, why is Nebraska settling for bargain-rate hacks?

We just fired a defensive coach? Who?

I think that defensive guru tag fell off the t-shirt a long time ago.

Eastern Washington hung 50 on them, not us. Different team entirely.

Buddy hires? Which staff are you talking about? We just watched a so called guru and all of his buddies get records,set on them for seven years. Now some of you want to cry about this guy and his staff and he hasn't even coached a game here? Seems premature.

• Fire 4

I understand the people who are happy about this hire

I understand the people that are upset about this hire

I understand the people that are saying "wait and see"

I think what a lot of us are a bit worried about is that because this coaches from Oregon State moved 1,500 miles east it doesn't mean that they are all of a sudden going to be better than they were back in Corvallis.

Lots of people have said "Do you think Bo and his staff would do better than 5-7 in the Pac 12 at OSU this last year?" Okay, how about we agree that, no, he would not have done better.

So, with that, what makes you think that the new staff will do better than 9-3 here?

• Fire 1

I think what a lot of us are a bit worried about is that because this coaches from Oregon State moved 1,500 miles east it doesn't mean that they are all of a sudden going to be better than they were back in Corvallis.

Lots of people have said "Do you think Bo and his staff would do better than 5-7 in the Pac 12 at OSU this last year?" Okay, how about we agree that, no, he would not have done better.

So, with that, what makes you think that the new staff will do better than 9-3 here?

Exactly. It was one thing when he was hired. Okay, fine.. Bring in talented coaches and recruit your tail off. So far he only has one coach who is nothing new from or state, and his first recruit is a guy who was recruited by a mediocre Oregon state. This thing isn't starting off on a great foot.

I understand the people who are happy about this hire

I understand the people that are upset about this hire

I understand the people that are saying "wait and see"

Why do I think they'll do better? Because it won't be stubborn Bo leading and Beck and Paps won't be here. Bam! Better already.

And what makes anyone think his staff is or isn't good enough? You can look at stats and records from Oregon State all you want but last I checked, they weren't playing with the Nebraska brand, in Lincoln, against B1G teams.

Another way to look at it, if Nick Saban showed up in Corvallis and had to coach a game 1 week from now against Oregon, is he going to have any better result than Riley would've? But, a year from now he might fare better, if he's truly a better coach. My point is, give Riley and his staff some time, at least until they play one frikken game I'm Memorial stadium, before assuming the worst. Mike Riley is not Bill Callahan or Bo Pelini. Can we please wait and see who he really is before flipping out over one f'ing staff hire? One. Is it going to be this way with every f'ing name that gets announced that isn't Scott Frost or Ed Orgeron? I seriously may have to quit Husker board cuz you sumbitches are unf'nbelievable.

• Fire 3

There is the problem..."wait until they play a game" of course the fans are going to wait until they play a game...but right now all we have to go on/talk about is recruiting and staff hires.

The program is just that, an entire program. Staff, recruiting, games. It is not that all the fans want this amazing instant gratification it is that we had 7 years of "we make the stars" or underwhelming (at times) staff hires.

I guess for me the biggest "concern" if that is the right word...is that people are pretending like OSU was playing with the team from the movie the Little Giants and that they had a bunch of one armed guys on their team...that every win was the most amazing accomplishment in the history of football. Because of that, people are thinking that he moves this staff over to Lincoln and its going to be so easy to win because Lincoln has better players and a bigger weight room and more fans.

• Fire 1