New NU Linebacker Coach Trent Bray

Why do I think they'll do better? Because it won't be stubborn Bo leading and Beck and Paps won't be here. Bam! Better already.

Not necessarily. We all want the next coach to do better than Bo, but Bo had a decent W-L record. There are a lot of coaches who would do worse.

This Riley hire just doesn't strike me as a good move unless he's a CEO HC with a kick@ss staff, but that's not what the hires so far have been,

agree, if he doesn't get top notch assistants, we are screwed!

Why do I think they'll do better? Because it won't be stubborn Bo leading and Beck and Paps won't be here. Bam! Better already.

Bo had a decent W-L record

vampires-kiss.jpg

I'm not sure about the surprise here. 9-4 is decent - I'd even say that's better than decent. It'll be a tough bar for the next staff to hit.

And before this drags out into a Bo debate - I'm not support Bo or his performance here, he needed to go. But 9+ wins for 7 straight seasons is not easy or more teams would have done it.

Could it be that some of you are so anti Bo Pelini and his crew that ANYONE who comes in here is an automatic upgrade.

DING DING DING...we have a winner. There are folks so anti-Bo that when a potentially s****y hire is staring them in the face, they choose not to see it.

I was willing to give the Riley hire a chance, provided the right coordinators and staff showed up under him--again, our AD said money wasn't a concern.

But when Riley is bringing his defensive buddies from OSU with him...the same ones that choked against Eastern Washington, NOT Wisky, and the same ones the OSU fans wanted run out on a rail for incompetence...it's becoming clear this is quickly becoming a s****y hire and the mistake to end all mistakes with this progam.

Yes, I am more excited about anyone's first year than I would be for a Bo Pelini eighth. And that would hold if the entire OSU staff came to Lincoln and brought their entire recruiting class with them.

Bo Pelini was judged on his performace as the Nebraska Coach. Riley is being judged on speculation, since he's only been the HC here for two days. The two things are totally different.

Also, before you Bo Pelini supporters get too critical of Riley's staff, let's remember who was on Bo's staff:

• His brother
  • A golf coach
  • An intern
  • Another intern

You may not like Riley bringing coaches from OSU, but at least they are experienced coaches.

Sweet post. +1.

Don't forget Bo also replaced the total ineptitude that is Barney Cotton with a guy he lured away from the appeal of high school coaching.

Could it be that some of you are so anti Bo Pelini and his crew that ANYONE who comes in here is an automatic upgrade.

DING DING DING...we have a winner. There are folks so anti-Bo that when a potentially s****y hire is staring them in the face, they choose not to see it.

I was willing to give the Riley hire a chance, provided the right coordinators and staff showed up under him--again, our AD said money wasn't a concern.

But when Riley is bringing his defensive buddies from OSU with him...the same ones that choked against Eastern Washington, NOT Wisky, and the same ones the OSU fans wanted run out on a rail for incompetence...it's becoming clear this is quickly becoming a s****y hire and the mistake to end all mistakes with this progam.

USC tried to lure Banker away three years ago.

Impossible he sucks haven't you heard?

I had to come here to find out actually. Everyone in pac12 country is pretty impressed with the hire.

Bo's staff was that lame (I agree, I think it was, I think they were below average at recruiting and did not seem like that great of coaches) doesn't that mean we should be assuming that Riley and his staff will be winning like, 11, 12 games the first year? Since we keep hearing what a great coach/teacher he is?

• Fire 1

Bo's staff was that lame (I agree, I think it was, I think they were below average at recruiting and did not seem like that great of coaches) doesn't that mean we should be assuming that Riley and his staff will be winning like, 11, 12 games the first year? Since we keep hearing what a great coach/teacher he is?

Not necessarily, this isn't the NFL where you get unlimited contact time with the players. But looking at our schedule next year, if they develop a QB at all we could easily win 11.

Yes, I am more excited about anyone's first year than I would be for a Bo Pelini eighth. And that would hold if the entire OSU staff came to Lincoln and brought their entire recruiting class with them.

Bo Pelini was judged on his performace as the Nebraska Coach. Riley is being judged on speculation, since he's only been the HC here for two days. The two things are totally different.

Also, before you Bo Pelini supporters get too critical of Riley's staff, let's remember who was on Bo's staff:

• His brother
  • A golf coach
  • An intern
  • Another intern

You may not like Riley bringing coaches from OSU, but at least they are experienced coaches.

+1

You can add a couple bullet points. First-time offensive coordinator, first-time defensive coordinator.

Whatever people want to make of Riley's staff choices, they cannot say––at least at this point––that he is hiring under-qualified candidates. These people have years of experience doing the things they'll be doing here. They'll be inheriting enough talent to challenge for the B1G West. Eichorst hired a guy who he firmly believes knows how to run an organization.

I want to see what the final roster looks like, and hear more on what Riley intends to implement offensively and defensively.

• Fire 1

I've got to admit I am concerned. When our AD says "Resources are not an issue", he's practically saying "Go out and get the best names you can possibly get".

I am disappointed this was seen as bring all your friends for a raise. If Orgeron is not contacted at the minimum there is a problem, in my opinion. This guy has openly said he is interested in NU.

Orgeron would be an amazing get. I don't know anything about Banker, i'll admit, but I don't like what I see out of OSU's defense stats.

I want to feel comfortable and settled with this hire. But, all I feel is caution and worry all over again.

• His brother
  • A golf coach
  • An intern
  • Another intern

+1

You can add a couple bullet points. First-time offensive coordinator, first-time defensive coordinator.

Whatever people want to make of Riley's staff choices, they cannot say––at least at this point––that he is hiring under-qualified candidates. These people have years of experience doing the things they'll be doing here. They'll be inheriting enough talent to challenge for the B1G West. Eichorst hired a guy who he firmly believes knows how to run an organization.

I want to see what the final roster looks like, and hear more on what Riley intends to implement offensively and defensively.

I think it'd be kinda cool to not tell anyone what he is doing and let the first team we play get blindsided all the way around. rock.gifbiggrin1_zps29b9b8bf.gif

I've got to admit I am concerned. When our AD says "Resources are not an issue", he's practically saying "Go out and get the best names you can possibly get".

I am disappointed this was seen as bring all your friends for a raise. If Orgeron is not contacted at the minimum there is a problem, in my opinion. This guy has openly said he is interested in NU.

Orgeron would be an amazing get. I don't know anything about Banker, i'll admit, but I don't like what I see out of OSU's defense stats.

I want to feel comfortable and settled with this hire. But, all I feel is caution and worry all over again.

I'd be very surprised if Orgeron is hired. He doesn't seem like the kind of coach the Riley is looking for.