Badger Meltdown

Chills down my spine if it is true that the Badgers were average all year, considering what they did to Nebraska. If that is true the program has a LONG way to go to respectability.

I think that is the reason that we have a new coach...there is no way that the Badgers should have did what they did to NU this year.

• Fire 3

Chills down my spine if it is true that the Badgers were average all year, considering what they did to Nebraska. If that is true the program has a LONG way to go to respectability.

I think that is the reason that we have a new coach...there is no way that the Badgers should have did what they did to NU this year.

RIGHT on bud!! I wish I could articulate the formula. I could probably retire (again) were that possible. It probably has to do with not raging at players after a mistake or calling his father during a game, designing the system and play-calling to accommodate the skills of the players, seeing the world is something other than black and white, and on and on.

If we COULD get the formula down, we'd could sell it to universities and corporations alike if we could keep it a secret. (This thought process is not going to end well.) LOL.

Wisconsin's one strength lined up perfectly with Nebraska's major weakness. All OSU had to do was stop the run, force the QB to throw, and they were basically unarmed. Yeah, they completed some passes, but there was no consistency. Bo and Paps were either unable to change the D or didn't have the players available to do this relatively simple thing (I mean, it's simple in that there was really only one aspect of the game that needed to be controlled). I think that Nebraska's D backs are good enough to have taken care of Wisconsin's unreliable passing game, so they should have just moved more resources to the run-stopping game. It was almost like Paps was on the phone with Beck asking, "Okay, what would YOU do next if you were their OC?"

"After breaking off that 50 yard run, I'd start passing! They're going to HAVE to start passing any second! They're using the run to establish the pass!"

OSU looks like a complete, real-deal team, though.

What a terrible showing. It speaks to the folly we fans fall into with things like "Aranda has their defense playing well, ranked 3rd" or whatever people say. Two or three of us on the badger board didn't believe any of the hype, you can't run with a team like OSU in cover 0 and cover 1 all night. Yes, we can blitz and run with poor teams but against good offenses with skilled players, no chance. Offensively, Ludwig runs double tight and conservative junk and puts our QB in a position to fail. When Joel can throw crossing routes and use the middle of the field, he's very efficient. Outside the hashes with all the deep routes are a waste of time, we can't separate from the corners or get angles on the safeties. After tonight Joel Stave is 18-4 (12-3 in League Play) in games he's started and finished as our QB, in the two games where he got hurt, we were winning when he went out. The kid is a winner but he's constantly put in terrible positions to be successful with the pass.

I did figure that you guys would enjoy that game....I don't because they are horrible for the league. Stuff like this happens, coaches need to regroup with the kids - they especially need to work on making adjustments on the sidelines and at half.

It just shows you, getting excited about stats (the 3rd ranked defense) is a waste - two days ago the Nebraska faithful probably would've loved Aranda. Tonight, not so much. Go after a guy that plays a solid tampa 2 type defense that doesn't get ripped over the top and plays gap sound up front. From there its all about tackles.

I'm not believer in Schadenfreude. We got destroyed three times by Wisconsin, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about 59-0. Like you said, it's bad for the league.

I would have been happier with a 27-24 Buckeye win (O.K., I believe a little in Schadenfreude), but this... the Big Ten didn't need this.

I think they would take over TCU because they played a 2-10 team today (thats not an impressive game).

Well, TCU's sole lose was to a top 6 Baylor team. OSU's was to Va Tech. Plus, I think TCU has more quality wins. I don't see OSU jumping them. FSU has to lose.

WIth this theory, even if FSU loses, they lose to a ranked 11 team and that would still be above OSU, so the top 4 wouldnt change
So TCU should throw out their entire season of work because of one game that was made by the Conference? Iowa State's record is their problem, not TCU.
I'm not the one ranking these teams, but after watching how they rank them, it makes no sense to me. Why would FSU be #4 when they are undefeated since last year and as returning champs?

There will be some valid arguments for 4th spot. Alabama, Oregon, FSU are in. The team that has the best chance to beat one of those three teams should be in. I think TCU has a better defense and offense than Ohio State, they've played more ranked teams, and their Heisman hopeful is healthy and will start. That's where I lean towards them. But who knows. It's just my opinion.

Told you so. Lol ;)

After watching the B1G beyond football, they explained it pretty well why OSU made it. Big 12 had co-winners for the conference championship along with not playing 13 games. Also they said that the Committee asked them for a true winner and the Big 12 couldnt come up with one. Qoute the commentators "If the Big 12 can't pick a winner, then how can they expect the committee pick one, so ala OSU is in".

Probably too little too late for the B1G to join the 4-team dance.

I don't know-- I think we can make it. I worked it all out, but it would require several natural disasters and probably at least one nuclear explosion (accidental or not). But just watch-- it will all play out in our favor, but 'Bama will survive the apocalypse and mop the floor with us as corpse ash falls from the sky.