Badger Meltdown

*snip*

Cheer up my friend. As all of us can tell you, we've been there before. Three times at the hands of your team, in fact.

And third string QB or not, I'd say there's no shame in getting routed by Urban. That guy is a machine and his team looks unstoppable. I'm glad Urban is in our conference and hope we get more coaches like him. I don't know about Stave being a winner, that's just a stat, too. He and most of the Wisconsin team just seemed outclassed tonight...and again, there's no shame in that. Ohio State is a juggernaut that might win the national championship. Sometims you just get trucked by a team playing at an insanely high level.

You guys still have a very solid progrum, one you can be proud of, but us Husker fans are seeing a good chance to catch up and maybe surpass Wisconsin now. Hopefully we made the right hire. And yes, program is now spelled progrum on this board, that's mandatory :D

No - we were actually still in it at halftime.

Lol...Good point. I was at that game in 2012. We at least made it somewhat interesting for the 1st half advertisers.

Wisconsin fans I've found to be some of the most annoying, whether you are talking football or basketball. They go to other forums and talk a bunch of smack, yet have not major national titles to show for it.

Hey, I don't know about all of their fans...but I was at the Rose Bowl game a couple of years ago and this racist A-hole Wisconsin fan was making all kinds of inappropriate remarks throughout the game. I don't know if that is the norm in Wisconsin...but in California, it is not 100% lily white folks and this jack-ass was offending a bunch of the crowd sitting around him.

Also, when the game was over, some drunk old lady INSISTED on pushing past me to get from our row into the aisle after the game. The aisle was going nowhere (because of course the Rose Bowl is an old piece of crap that takes for ever to enter or leave), but this old bat was not even thinking about listening to my explanation when I told her the aisle wasn't moving. So she pushes past me and curses at me and then....gets stuck in the aisle and can't move. I stayed there waiting out the exiting process (like a normal person), when of course, the dizzy old bat comes back trying to push her way past me again to go the other way. I told her I was not going to move again because I had told her it was of no use to push into the aisle in the first place. Then she once again became verbally abusive. I finally told her old man he needed to take her back to Wisconsin. Not sure if she was an example of Madison's best...and I didn't even have a dog in the fight that day, but she and Cheese-head Hitler made me glad Stanford won the game.

Thread titles on BadgerNation scout board: LINK

Do not get attached to Gary Anderson

How do we feel about Andersen now?

So, what are we thinking about GA today?

Worst Loss Since 1979

Begins with recruiting

Meyer now trying to embarrass ga and uw

Shoot Me Now

Most humiliating loss in modern era, hey GA

Humble Pie

OSU's third string Qb is better than our starter.

This is 100% on the coaches

Every year I forget, and believe all over again
Every year, at some point in the season, I buy in that Wisconsin is for real, and then we lose 2

Level of talent not an excuse

GA is the new Bo Pelini

That last one really cracked me up! :lol:

Lol...Good point. I was at that game in 2012. We at least made it somewhat interesting for the 1st half advertisers.

Wisconsin fans I've found to be some of the most annoying, whether you are talking football or basketball. They go to other forums and talk a bunch of smack, yet have not major national titles to show for it.

Hey, I don't know about all of their fans...but I was at the Rose Bowl game a couple of years ago and this racist A-hole Wisconsin fan was making all kinds of inappropriate remarks throughout the game. I don't know if that is the norm in Wisconsin...but in California, it is not 100% lily white folks and this jack-ass was offending a bunch of the crowd sitting around him.

Also, when the game was over, some drunk old lady INSISTED on pushing past me to get from our row into the aisle after the game. The aisle was going nowhere (because of course the Rose Bowl is an old piece of crap that takes for ever to enter or leave), but this old bat was not even thinking about listening to my explanation when I told her the aisle wasn't moving. So she pushes past me and curses at me and then....gets stuck in the aisle and can't move. I stayed there waiting out the exiting process (like a normal person), when of course, the dizzy old bat comes back trying to push her way past me again to go the other way. I told her I was not going to move again because I had told her it was of no use to push into the aisle in the first place. Then she once again became verbally abusive. I finally told her old man he needed to take her back to Wisconsin. Not sure if she was an example of Madison's best...and I didn't even have a dog in the fight that day, but she and Cheese-head Hitler made me glad Stanford won the game.

bearsfanoveralls.jpg

"On Wisconsin"

Yeah, I think there's something wrong with Badger fans. They can be worse than Michigan or Buckeye fans by far. Maybe because Wisconsin bumped along in mediocrity for so long, and have only had relative success for the past few years.

Remember how crummy we all felt towards the end of the 2012 CCG debacle against the Badgers? Well, in the last couple minutes of that game some Wisconsin friends called me for the sole purpose of rubbing it in. Really, they're not even friends of mine--they're acquaintances of my wife. I had never talked to them on the phone before. But they felt compelled to call me (probably the only Nebraska fan they know) to brag about how great the Vadgers looked that night, and ridicule the hapless Huskers.

But last night, when the tables were turned on the Badgers, it didn't even cross my mind to call them back and poke fun at them. Sure, I could see calling a close football buddy (a close friend of *mine*--not just an acquaintance). But I wouldn't call one of my wife's friends who happens to be a Badger fan. What sort of adult would call a casual acquaintance when their team just got blown out? Vadger fans. They're just the worst. :facepalm:

• Fire 1

I know FSU has to get in because they went undefeated, but they will probably get knocked out in the semis. It'll be interesting to see what happens to TCU after what OSU did tonight.

On another note, how does OSU have three QB's that are all gamebreakers when we can't get one? Riley has a lot of work to do in that regard.

EXCELLENT question. My thought would be the reason is the very same that allowed Sanchez to do quite will for the Eagles after doing very poorly for the Jets. There are many, many other examples of the very same phenomenon..

The badgers were average all year...everyone (well, most everyone) knew that. They had one sick game (vs NU) and basically struggled in most of the others.

They are what they were all year long...an average type of team.

Next year, assuming they actually have to play a real game in conference for once, they will struggle.

Thread titles on BadgerNation scout board: LINK

Do not get attached to Gary Anderson

How do we feel about Andersen now?

So, what are we thinking about GA today?

Worst Loss Since 1979

Begins with recruiting

Meyer now trying to embarrass ga and uw

Shoot Me Now

Most humiliating loss in modern era, hey GA

Humble Pie

OSU's third string Qb is better than our starter.

This is 100% on the coaches

Every year I forget, and believe all over again

Every year, at some point in the season, I buy in that Wisconsin is for real, and then we lose 2

Level of talent not an excuse

GA is the new Bo Pelini

That last one really cracked me up! :lol:

Those are awesome!!!