This is why we left

dvdcrr

The Big XII is such a mess.

I know you don't like them but how can Texas argue about being a part of the Big Ten now?

They play cold road games in Manhattan, Morgantown, Lawrence, Aimes, and from what I hear they are adding Memphis and Cincinnati...

That is terrible marketing. sexy road match-ups in cold environments are available in the Big Ten.

A&M has blown past them in national exposure.

• Fire 1

Their own slogan, everybody plays everybody. One true champion. They had a CCG it was in Waco,and Baylor won it. (Or more accurately TCU lost it.). They need to add two teams. The whole conference is OUT and deservedly so. The playoff either needs to go to 8 teams or have two play ins.

• Fire 1

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286475

More of the same sentiment from baylor fans.

I love this. These jackasses (as well as the rest of the Big XII would regularly vote to hose Nebraska and many times the vote was 11-1. Now four teams have left, they can't even have a conference championship game because they don't have enough teams (costs them money and probably a spot in the playoff) and teams that are not Texas are getting screwed regularly. I have heard much whining from the OSU's, ISU's, and now Baylor. I would feel sorry for them if it wasn't THEIR OWN DAMN FAULT. You made your bed and Texas is always the TOP in the Big XII. So all you can do is leave....or hope they use some lube.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

The co-champ BS hurt them. I would imagine picking OSU was easier to talk through because of the conference championship game win rather than Baylor or TCU splitting votes for the 4 spot.

Assuming they were all as close as the committee would have you believe, the conspiracy theorist in me would say OSU's face base is a little bit bigger than TCU's and Baylor's combined.

I don't know how the Big XII rewrote their rules specifically, but this isn't a big deal.

Co-champions is how conferences without championship games have done it since....pretty much forever. We were Co-Big 8 champions a ton of times, The B1G had co-champions in 2004, 2005, 2008, and 2010.

Divisions work the same way. In 2008 we were the North division co-champions with Mizzou, but they won tiebreaker to represent in the ccg. In 2010, it was the other way around, with them being co-champions as well.

I don't know how the Big XII rewrote their rules specifically, but this isn't a big deal.

Co-champions is how conferences without championship games have done it since....pretty much forever. We were Co-Big 8 champions a ton of times, The B1G had co-champions in 2004, 2005, 2008, and 2010.

Divisions work the same way. In 2008 we were the North division co-champions with Mizzou, but they won tiebreaker to represent in the ccg. In 2010, it was the other way around, with them being co-champions as well.

the big ten had co-champions only because with 11 teams not all teams played each other. It happened often where you had two teams with one loss that didnt have head to head to rely on. In the Big 8, co-champions only happened when there were 3 way ties, or in the case of 1991, when the top teo teams (NU and CU) toe in their head to head. This is on the big 12 100%. No excuse for this co champion crap in this day and age in a round robin schedule and with overtime. Its common sense. Head to head settles it. In the case of a 3 way tie, well, do it like most conferences do, use whatever rank system ( ap, coaches, playoff, bcs, whatever) to eliminate the 3rd team, then use head to head to determine the champ.

Remember in 2008, the big 12 backward ass procedure screwed texas out of a division champ when there was a 3 way tie with OU and Tech. They used the bcs to determine the division champ instead of like everyone else, using it to eliminate the 3rd team

the big ten had co-champions only because with 11 teams not all teams played each other. It happened often where you had two teams with one loss that didnt have head to head to rely on. In the Big 8, co-champions only happened when there were 3 way ties, or in the case of 1991, when the top teo teams (NU and CU) toe in their head to head. This is on the big 12 100%. No excuse for this co champion crap in this day and age in a round robin schedule and with overtime. Its common sense. Head to head settles it. In the case of a 3 way tie, well, do it like most conferences do, use whatever rank system ( ap, coaches, playoff, bcs, whatever) to eliminate the 3rd team, then use head to head to determine the champ.

Remember in 2008, the big 12 backward ass procedure screwed texas out of a division champ when there was a 3 way tie with OU and Tech. They used the bcs to determine the division champ instead of like everyone else, using it to eliminate the 3rd team

I stand corrected after lookin into it. The Big 8 also awarded co-champions. I just think this is stupid. But i had to go back to 1984 to find such a case. Hell my take on the big ten reasoning is probably wrong too then. Though i know its happened before.

Why is there such a lack of common sense in things like this. Esp important stuff like determining a frickin champion.

In the Big 8, co-champions only happened when there were 3 way ties, or in the case of 1991, when the top teo teams (NU and CU) toe in their head to head.

This is wrong.

We were Big 8 co-champions in '75, '84, with Oklahoma only, even though we lost to them.

'78 was the same, Oklahoma/Nebraska co-champions, except they lost to us.

In the Big 8, co-champions only happened when there were 3 way ties, or in the case of 1991, when the top teo teams (NU and CU) toe in their head to head.

This is wrong.

We were Big 8 co-champions in '75, '84, with Oklahoma only, even though we lost to them.

'78 was the same, Oklahoma/Nebraska co-champions, except they lost to us.

i already corrected myself.

Its garbage. Its just dumb.