Tanking on purpose

You missed the number one reason for firing Pelini. Eichorst could see that Bo was going to make it over the hump next year and had to act quickly. See Shawn has taken vows of celibacy and poverty and, if the football team were actually to win anything of substance (like they were obviously poised to do next season with Bo, Beck, and Paps) the riches and women would have rained down on Eichorst and he just couldn't live that way. So, he picked the absolute worst coach he could find (just ask BigRedPowerWagon or 74Hunter) and discreetly sabotaged any chance of the football program winning a title. It's a no brainer if ya think about it.

Finally, some damn logic on these boards.

• Fire 1

Forgive me if this has been said....but....

I was reading all the other threads. I find it odd to hire a coach without really any kind of interview process. What was that conversation like? Hey want a job....Maybe....it's Nebraska....OK.

Part of me thinks that he hired this coach because he wants him to only win 7 games for a bit. I know that sounds crazy...but by then other great coaches will forget the "I fired the 9 wins per season" guy. Then they might want to come in here and try to build a Champion. At that point it might be too late and the damage has been done...dont you think we have hurt long enough since Clown - a - han.

Problem I have is that great coaches figure out how to win no matter what their talent or circumstance (Duke, Baylor, Kstate, heck even Kansas at one point). Please don't point to his bowl wins....winning the independence bowl and the hawaii bowl can be done with the old staff. Just because this guy has access to more resources does not mean he will be any different.

I want to eat crow so much...but I just do not see the next 5 years being very nice to us Husker fans. Please let me be wrong

With that said...i will be sitting on my couch come the first game next year..and cheering on my team no matter what my feelings of the hire. GBR!!!!!!

Babbling off!

:boxosoap:rant

doc-rivers.gif

• Fire 1

You missed the number one reason for firing Pelini. Eichorst could see that Bo was going to make it over the hump next year and had to act quickly. See Shawn has taken vows of celibacy and poverty and, if the football team were actually to win anything of substance (like they were obviously poised to do next season with Bo, Beck, and Paps) the riches and women would have rained down on Eichorst and he just couldn't live that way. So, he picked the absolute worst coach he could find (just ask BigRedPowerWagon or 74Hunter) and discreetly sabotaged any chance of the football program winning a title. It's a no brainer if ya think about it.

Oh lord bruh, you thought i went off the deep end.

post-50678-Colbert-now-go-away-I-wanna-e

Forgive me if this has been said....but....

I was reading all the other threads. I find it odd to hire a coach without really any kind of interview process. What was that conversation like? Hey want a job....Maybe....it's Nebraska....OK.

Part of me thinks that he hired this coach because he wants him to only win 7 games for a bit. I know that sounds crazy...but by then other great coaches will forget the "I fired the 9 wins per season" guy. Then they might want to come in here and try to build a Champion. At that point it might be too late and the damage has been done...dont you think we have hurt long enough since Clown - a - han.

Problem I have is that great coaches figure out how to win no matter what their talent or circumstance (Duke, Baylor, Kstate, heck even Kansas at one point). Please don't point to his bowl wins....winning the independence bowl and the hawaii bowl can be done with the old staff. Just because this guy has access to more resources does not mean he will be any different.

I want to eat crow so much...but I just do not see the next 5 years being very nice to us Husker fans. Please let me be wrong

With that said...i will be sitting on my couch come the first game next year..and cheering on my team no matter what my feelings of the hire. GBR!!!!!!

Babbling off!

:boxosoap:rant

gohed.gif

• Fire 1

DING DING DING........WINNER

Hey look this thread attracted a bunch of internet tough guys. Dont like my thoughts dont read them.

Caulking.jpg

Don't get caulky.

or.....

Don't go off half caulked.

What do I win?

You win benjibean's caulk.

I don't care for this game........

I'm new here, can someone point me to the caulk block button?

• Fire 1