Hail Varsity Answers some questions

Q: What is your expectation for the Huskers in Riley’s first year? – N.N., Charlotte, NC

GM: I think people will be surprised when they see how good Nebraska can be next season. I’ve talked to a number of people who think Nebraska’s biggest deficiency is depth, thanks to poor practice formats. One former coach said it was “embarrassing” to see so many guys standing around at the practice he attended. With more efficient practices and more reps all around, I think Nebraska’s step forward/backward next year will be determined by the offensive system in place, i.e., whether it takes a few years to adjust to.

http://hailvarsity.com/news/mailbag-will-huskers-staff-look-like/2014/12/

• Fire 4

GM: I think people will be surprised when they see how good Nebraska can be next season. I’ve talked to a number of people who think Nebraska’s biggest deficiency is depth, thanks to poor practice formats. One former coach said it was “embarrassing” to see so many guys standing around at the practice he attended. With more efficient practices and more reps all around,

Wow, there was a time when our practices were orchestrated to the utmost efficiency. We'd send guys to the NFL and they would comment on how less efficient their new NFL practices were. And now we have guys standing around? Sheesh, why all the GPS tracking stuff then?

GM: I think people will be surprised when they see how good Nebraska can be next season. I’ve talked to a number of people who think Nebraska’s biggest deficiency is depth, thanks to poor practice formats. One former coach said it was “embarrassing” to see so many guys standing around at the practice he attended. With more efficient practices and more reps all around,

Wow, there was a time when our practices were orchestrated to the utmost efficiency. We'd send guys to the NFL and they would comment on how less efficient their new NFL practices were. And now we have guys standing around? Sheesh, why all the GPS tracking stuff then?
Lol. I remember that article. What a joke.

So, all this time I've spent complaining about our S&C being sub-optimal and leading to injuries, and now you're telling me it was Bo's practices?

I need to sit down...

3a0.jpg

Interesting take, I know Callahan's practices were basically like an NFL practice. Only the #1s got reps and everyone else stood around and watched. I don't think that BP practices were that extreme but they may have been less efficient than TO's.

I know TO ran 4 full stations when running offense and defense stuff which meant no one was standing around and everyone got a lot of work. NU also had about 150 guys on the team to facilitate that type of practice.

The players were told it was GPS devices when in actuality they were shock collars. Kept them in close proximity to the field and away from bike racks!
  • Fire 1

GM: I think people will be surprised when they see how good Nebraska can be next season. Ive talked to a number of people who think Nebraskas biggest deficiency is depth, thanks to poor practice formats. One former coach said it was embarrassing to see so many guys standing around at the practice he attended. With more efficient practices and more reps all around,

they needed the GPS trackers to keep track of players that wander off, bando also has to wear one from the bike stealing charges
  • Fire 1