Which former program comes back to power first?

Drive1010

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/54335705/university-of-tennessee--miami---and---nebraska/

Miami, Nebraska or UT?

A lot seem to think Nebraska is done - forever.

Midwest is dead.

True? False?

I read that board and boy most of them think Nebraska is done forever. Let them think that. I believe we live off of our 60+ and more years of tradition. I do believe we have to change with the times. With the option we have to incorporate the pass too. Our 2015 team and new HC and all the coaches will be imperative in what happens on the field. I see a come back. It won't happen overnight but we can be hopeful. False! Nebraska is NOT done forever.

• Fire 2

God, it annoys me to know end when people from other states say, "who wants to live in fricking Nebraska?" without ever stepping foot in Omaha or Lincoln. There is PLENTY of fun things to do in both of these cities. No beaches or mountains, but boating/hunting/fishing/camping. Fun bars. DT Omaha/Lincoln are a blast even in the winter. Sporting events year round: NU football/basketball, CU basketball, UNO hockey, CWS. Concerts/shows/comedians up the wazoo. A great zoo for the kids.

Im sorry, you have to be a frickin home body to not be able to find something fun to do living here. There is plenty to do.

• Fire 2

I think you are missing the point of that thread on the Misery Board.

The point is that they still harbor obsessive hate and envy for Nebraska. I would be more insulted if the Tigers STOPPED talking about us.

Its an LSU board. Not Missouri

crap.

Tiger Board, Tiger Droppings, ...

I get confused sometimes.

:dunno

Given the fact that geography is not going to be a strong suit of anyone over there, maybe someone should inform them that Nebraska is not located in the 'rust belt' states that have been losing population. Nothing really has changed, we still have a small population base, and we still pull recruits from Texas, Florida and California. Less people in Ohio and Michigan effects us how? With a couple small changes you can expect to see with the Autonomy rules, we will be in a better recruiting situation than we have been in in around 15 years or more.

I have to agree with some of the points, but with Nebraska having winning records and in a much weaker division I would go with the Huskers, but Tennessee is drinking the Kool-aid with Butch right now and that momentum is huge. They have played a lot of talented Freshmen this year and have a top 10 class building again this year. Although I think Tennessee is a great program, I don't think I would use the word power house.. as Spurrier said," you can't spell Citrus with out the UT"

I have to agree with some of the points, but with Nebraska having winning records and in a much weaker division I would go with the Huskers, but Tennessee is drinking the Kool-aid with Butch right now and that momentum is huge. They have played a lot of talented Freshmen this year and have a top 10 class building again this year. Although I think Tennessee is a great program, I don't think I would use the word power house.. as Spurrier said," you can't spell Citrus with out the UT"

You are right.

They have a nice history and great stadium...but UT has never really been considered a king of CFB. Miami is new money but that new money was so dominant and flashy they immediately jumped into the top tier. I hate Miami but the talent in Florida and what they did...it's shocking they aren't always great...sort of like when USC sucked in the 90's...with all that talent in Cali.

It shows it all comes down to coaches and not your state and not your name. Nebraska can win Big10 titles and come back with the right coach and momentum and frenzy and coolness just like USC coming back with Pete Carroll. USC was dead and then caught fire. Name brands just need a spark...and Nebraska has that name brand...to be the cool place to go to again.

Here are the Kings as Stewart Mandel pointed out a few years ago:

USC, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Texas.

All those above programs should always be great...(LSU is included just because of the talent in Louisiana - (Cali, Florida and Texas have the most) but per capita Louisiana has the most players in the NFL...there is no reason LSU should ever suck...they should have a better history but Saban woke up that state. But LSU isn't a true King in terms of history. They are a Baron.

USC, Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Nebraska and Oklahoma are the Kings.

No UT.