RB Recruiting

I was watching Jalen Barnett's highlight, and around 3:10, I noticed the #33 LB on the other team jumping off the film. He has a combination of speed, decisiveness, power, and small stature similar to Chris Boland, even though he seemed to get outsized at times. Anyway, I decided to check out some film on #33. He is 2015 LB/RB Cameron Mayberry from Stillwater High School. Turns out, Cameron is a little undersized for LB 5'11", 195 lbs (for reference Boland was 6'0", 215 lbs out of high school). However, his senior RB film pops. It does not look like he is being recruited by the Huskers (or any other team for that matter), but I thought I would share to get everyone's option. The fact that he is not being heavily recruited makes me think the Huskers could try to get him as a preferred walk-on.

He looks good, who do you notify for offering a walk-on?

I was watching Jalen Barnett's highlight, and around 3:10, I noticed the #33 LB on the other team jumping off the film. He has a combination of speed, decisiveness, power, and small stature similar to Chris Boland, even though he seemed to get outsized at times. Anyway, I decided to check out some film on #33. He is 2015 LB/RB Cameron Mayberry from Stillwater High School. Turns out, Cameron is a little undersized for LB 5'11", 195 lbs (for reference Boland was 6'0", 215 lbs out of high school). However, his senior RB film pops. It does not look like he is being recruited by the Huskers (or any other team for that matter), but I thought I would share to get everyone's option. The fact that he is not being heavily recruited makes me think the Huskers could try to get him as a preferred walk-on.

Use to be Jamrog. But with this staffs social media presence I bet a tweet might actually work

Use to be Jamrog. But with this staffs social media presence I bet a tweet might actually work

Ryan Gunderson (@TheGundy) has been rather vocal on social media, regarding their recruiting efforts. He might be a good first stop, if that is the way you want to go. Does anyone on this board have a voice with the new staff?

By the way, his Junior film has more highlights of him on defense. Really like his motor.

• 2 weeks later...

Devine Ozigbo, current Iowa St commit, is a RB from Texas who is rumored to be getting a look from coaches. Warren and Gundy started following him on twitter. Hudl

Hope we do offer. Not the fastest but looks great in every other regard. He's got some impressive shake and bake for a big guy. Excellent vision. Gets north south in a hurry. Runs with low pad level and brings the hurt when he runs in traffic. Looks great catching the ball out of the backfield. He actually reminds me of LeVeon Bell. I was never a big Bell fan early in his career a Michigan St. but he has made a believer out of me. I would love for us to have a physical run game like that.