RB Recruiting

Bussey has the tools to be a stud and would be a stud in Rileys offense. However at the RB position we have a lot of young talent on our roster.

This I agree with. Bussey would be most talented back on our roster. We will be fine without him though. Wilbon was a plan b or c that decommitted from vandy right? Bussey is and has always been our only guy and we have fended off the wolves until right up until signing day. Too bad we couldn't hold the sec off any longer. Kid will be special.

Statements like this just make me shake my head.

Yes, in HS it seems like he would be an absolute stud. However, we have at least 2-3 players at that position on the team right now that were the same way. One was the best RB in the state of California. The other was one of the top 2 RBs in the state of Texas.

We have very very good talent on this team right now. Saying a kid who hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet is clearly better than them is a stretch. He would be a very nice addition that I hope we get. That's as far as it goes.

. He might not be the best back on our roster from day 1. But he is a 10.4 100m kid who is 5'8 200. That is freakish speed that we don't have on out team. Newby is almost that fast, but not nearly as strong. Taylor and cross are stronger but not nearly as explosive. He has all the tools and reminds me of a lot of Abdullah. He could be a complete back in any offense. Newby needs a spread and Taylor and cross would prob prefer a offense with a fullback. Just my assessment of his ability projecting to the next level.

Watching his film, he even cuts like Abdullah. Kind of a cool similarity. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that Taylor was a blend of power and speed (faster than cross/stronger than newby). And Taylor was the offensive scout team MVP last year, which should point to his potential.

Bussey has the tools to be a stud and would be a stud in Rileys offense. However at the RB position we have a lot of young talent on our roster.

This I agree with. Bussey would be most talented back on our roster. We will be fine without him though. Wilbon was a plan b or c that decommitted from vandy right? Bussey is and has always been our only guy and we have fended off the wolves until right up until signing day. Too bad we couldn't hold the sec off any longer. Kid will be special.

Yes, in HS it seems like he would be an absolute stud. However, we have at least 2-3 players at that position on the team right now that were the same way. One was the best RB in the state of California. The other was one of the top 2 RBs in the state of Texas.

We have very very good talent on this team right now. Saying a kid who hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet is clearly better than them is a stretch. He would be a very nice addition that I hope we get. That's as far as it goes.

. He might not be the best back on our roster from day 1. But he is a 10.4 100m kid who is 5'8 200. That is freakish speed that we don't have on out team. Newby is almost that fast, but not nearly as strong. Taylor and cross are stronger but not nearly as explosive. He has all the tools and reminds me of a lot of Abdullah. He could be a complete back in any offense. Newby needs a spread and Taylor and cross would prob prefer a offense with a fullback. Just my assessment of his ability projecting to the next level.

What reference does anyone have when it comes to Adam Taylor's skill set? Unless he broke some land speed record in a motorized scooter, I don't think anyone can pigeon hole his running style or how fast he is.

He played football in high school and he participated in the spring game.

What reference does anyone have when it comes to Adam Taylor's skill set? Unless he broke some land speed record in a motorized scooter, I don't think anyone can pigeon hole his running style or how fast he is.

Ahhh! The universal barometers on measuring how successful a kid will be in top flight D1 football! Got it, thanks.

Look, I have no problem with someone who says..."He has the potential to be the best back on the roster." I would agree with that.

However, I simply was disagreeing with flat out declaring that he WOULD BE the most talented on the team.

I've been around way too long and have heard that about way too many recruits to just simply put that label on any kid.

Is there any real chance we keep Bussey? Whats the reason for the parade if he's just going to say he's continuing his commitment to Nebraska? He's either decomitting, or is using the coaching change to draw attention to himself. I don't like either of those qualities.

Or he's just unsure of his future after a coaching change? I see no reason to make him look the bad guy. Everyone knew if Bo was gone his commitment would be in question.

Ahhh! The universal barometers on measuring how successful a kid will be in top flight D1 football! Got it, thanks.
Were you asking about his skill set or how successful he will be?

Is there any real chance we keep Bussey? Whats the reason for the parade if he's just going to say he's continuing his commitment to Nebraska? He's either decomitting, or is using the coaching change to draw attention to himself. I don't like either of those qualities.

Or he's just unsure of his future after a coaching change? I see no reason to make him look the bad guy. Everyone knew if Bo was gone his commitment would be in question.

My point is that there's no reason for the sideshow if he's not changing his commitment. Why draw the attention unless you're gonna drop a bombshell?

My point is that there's no reason for the sideshow if he's not changing his commitment. Why draw the attention unless you're gonna drop a bombshell?
Its a once in a lifetime thing, why not do the hat thing? He's earned it.
  • Fire 1

Told you.

Told you.
I in no way thought we were keeping him? I was just saying he's earned to do what he wants.
  • Fire 1

I was watching Jalen Barnett's highlight, and around 3:10, I noticed the #33 LB on the other team jumping off the film. He has a combination of speed, decisiveness, power, and small stature similar to Chris Boland, even though he seemed to get outsized at times. Anyway, I decided to check out some film on #33. He is 2015 LB/RB Cameron Mayberry from Stillwater High School. Turns out, Cameron is a little undersized for LB 5'11", 195 lbs (for reference Boland was 6'0", 215 lbs out of high school). However, his senior RB film pops. It does not look like he is being recruited by the Huskers (or any other team for that matter), but I thought I would share to get everyone's option. The fact that he is not being heavily recruited makes me think the Huskers could try to get him as a preferred walk-on.