OWH: Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled rant during final meeting with players

zoogs

Not everybody acts like an uncontrolled and immature cro-magnon when angry. Typically, the less intelligent one is, the more they lash out when met with adversity.

"So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here!"

Not all anger is lashing out at adversity...

...and Cro-Magnon man was the "civilized" caveman. I think you meant "Neandrathal".

I'm not really that disappointed in what was said. He has always been straight forward in his assessments and his players have always said that he was bluntly honest with them. This hasn't changed that view. People are upset he didn't have a glowing outlook on the University that just fired him? People are shocked and angry that he was honest and told his players they need to make decisions for themselves on what is best for them, whether it be to stay or leave? He also said play your hearts out in the bowl. He also said give the new coach a chance because it's a tough situation. I actually enjoyed reading it. It pulled back the curtain somewhat. Oooh, he called the guy who fired him a p****. Bet 20 year old college kids have never heard that language before. Oh no, now these kids won't respect the administration because Bo called them names. How will they ever play hard again...? There is no connection.

This guy is supposed to be a role model and he acted like an immature child. I don't care if these college kids have heard this language before, the language Bo used to talk about his former employer is inexcusable. Absolutely zero class from him. However I wasn't disappointed either, because I come to expect this from Bo. I would be absolutely shocked if he's ever given a Division 1 head coaching job again.

A guy that locked a concussed player in a shed is currently a D 1 head coach. A guy that blatantly lied on his resume he turned into Notre Dame is currently a D 1 head coach.

I can guarantee you he will get a D 1 head coaching gig if the programs thinks he can win there.

Hell, the top choice to replace Pelini on this board actively covered up NCAA violations.

The ridiculousness of some of these statements is just plain humorous .

Except he can't win. He couldn't even win the Big Ten freaking west. So yeah, I'm betting they'll be lining him up to lead an sec or PAC 12 team.

So you're adding to the ridiculousness.

First I said if a program thinks he can win. I, in no way, gave my opinion on whether or not he can win.

But, since you mention it, he can win. In fact, he has won more than 70% of his games as head coach. Those are just the facts. So, to say he can't win, is another humorous statement.

He can't. Show me his trophies. Or did that big meanie Eichorst take them and break them?

Not everybody acts like an uncontrolled and immature cro-magnon when angry. Typically, the less intelligent one is, the more they lash out when met with adversity.

"So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here!"

Not all anger is lashing out at adversity...

...and Cro-Magnon man was the "civilized" caveman. I think you meant "Neandrathal".

We have now reached the point where Bo acted like Jesus. Wow. You should be ashamed quoting scripture like that. The point of that lesson was not to speak negatively about a person behind his back.

I think the lesson you are looking for is located here: Luke 6:29.

Bo's comments were private. The statements is meant to be public and is a joke.

Bo's comments were not private. They were made to a large group of people who he used to coach.

You've gotta be trolling. That's pretty much it.

A coaches discussions with his players is not private. Yeah, that sounds right. That's pretty much it.

They are not, and were not, his players. Thankfully, he was no longer part of their program.
I'm pretty sure they would disagree.

First, you say a coach's statements to his team are public. Now, you say they aren't his players. What are you smoking? I want some.

First, they don't get to decide that a factual statement is false.

Second, they weren't his team when he made those statements. At that time he was Mr. Pelini, former head coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

But, please. Do go on telling us that a statement made to 100+ former affiliates was "private."

There is so many things wrong with your statements that I don't know we're to begin.

Let's assume that they are not his players and he wasn't there coach (as you imply). Under these circumstances, is his conversation with them (and not you) private? When you talk with your friends, is that private?

I just leave this with the following statement: you and I have different definitions of private.

He never won a conference championship or national championship, that is correct.

But you said he can't win, which is false.

How many conference title trophies and national championship trophies does Mike Riley have in his 15 or 20 years of coaching? 1? With a 58% or so winning percentage. What's that called? Winning?

It's called you having no idea of context.

These people defending this piece of trailer park trash are almost more appalling than the transcript from this meeting with students. If you can't understand why it is unacceptable to act this way, I question your personal morals and ethics.

This is not how the university system or people in education should act, and it is not how the people of this state want their leaders acting. I am so happy we have somebody I don't have to worry about "tapes" being released and embarrassing our state and university.

I thank Eichorst for that. It makes me welcome Mike Riley's demeanor as a fresh, positive start.

Thanks for the insight. Glad to know you are above insulting others.

He never won a conference championship or national championship, that is correct.

How many conference title trophies and national championship trophies does Mike Riley have in his 15 or 20 years of coaching? 1? With a 58% or so winning percentage. What's that called? Winning?

Get behind Riley or go buy yourself a YSU Penguin shirt. Pelini is not a good football coach, no one in FBS would hire him as HC. The only thing he could get was an FCS job. Oregon St wouldn't even take him.

When are you people going to understand he is a not a good football coach and he is a piece of trash? Why would we want an immoral lunatic who isn't a competent head coach at that very position?

he will never, ever, coach another program of Nebraska's statute ever again

"Stature"?

why it is unacceptable to act this way

You are confusing "acceptable" with "understandable". Either that, or you are intentionally switching the two in order to knock down a straw man of your own creation.

It isn't acceptable to use profanity at any time. That being said, it is understandable that people use unacceptable profanity when:

"They are as mad as H*ll"

"You scare the sh*t out of them"

"They are having a 'WTF' moment"

I heard my Great Aunt swear only one time, when she was watching Robb Schnitzler return his one and only punt that year 70 yards for a touchdown (does this date me?), telling him "Run, you sonofa...!" Unacceptable, but understandable...

Now, for those of you who are bound and determined to be outraged, you go right ahead. This is America, you have that right.

It's called you having no idea of context.

Erickson got 1 in 4 years in the exact same situation, literally. Context.

Might take care to check and see who recruited Houshmanzadeh and Ochocinco

Get behind Riley or go buy yourself a YSU Penguin shirt.

This is what we call a "false dichotomy".

Pelini is not a good football coach

False by any standards applied with the exception of personal opinion

The only thing he could get was an FCS job.

Did Bo tell you that?

Oregon St wouldn't even take him

.Did De Carolis tell you this?