YSU issues statement on Pelini's controversial Nebraska rant

I don't see Bo changing. Especially not without intense counselling. I was just talking with one of my friends who is friends with Shatel at the OWH. Every time Shatel wrote an article which Bo deemed offensive he would fill up his voice mail with several salty rants. I can only imagine the messages Dirk got.

this is sad to know where the mindset of the coach really was. This talked about on sharp/benning yesterday. Hit up the podcast fir thurs, seg 1 bout 2 minutes. Both of them alluded to getting curse filled calls from bo regarding points made on the show. Then today Matt Schick was on Bahe,s show and he said he knew a guy at the wirld herald that got berayed on the phone by bo first thing one morning. Theres just no excuse for this garbage. And i apologize to Dirk, shatel,ckewon, all the media cuz i always thiught they were bein asshats at times when frankly they had reasons. And they coulda been a lot worse.
Can we hear these rants or is this just the overbearing local media covering for each other? Next subject will be why each paper has so freaking many sports reporters.Next is why every former player has a radio show.
so you dont believe he would do such a thing? You havent seen enough to be able to not be shocked over something like this? Hell, if he flipped and went on a spree of robbing smoke outlets, i wouldnt be shocked at all.

Yeah, I think he might challenge what they say about his players and he has as much right to do that as the 50 of them have to write their stupid articles based on what we happen to be talking about that day. They act like it's a one-way street and he just has to sit there and take it. At the end of the day, maybe he should've enlisted some of us to do it for him......really rip them a new one every day.....question their outrageous salaries and qualifications? That would've been a blast. Now I can't wait for Dirkie Downer to go off on Riley.

Poor, poor Bo. He's the only celebrity on Earth who has to deal with the media. Maybe he should go work at McDonalds. Then he won't have to worry about the softball Nebraska media. Instead, he can worry about how he's going to feed his family and keep the lights on this month. #highclassproblems

I don't see Bo changing. Especially not without intense counselling. I was just talking with one of my friends who is friends with Shatel at the OWH. Every time Shatel wrote an article which Bo deemed offensive he would fill up his voice mail with several salty rants. I can only imagine the messages Dirk got.

this is sad to know where the mindset of the coach really was. This talked about on sharp/benning yesterday. Hit up the podcast fir thurs, seg 1 bout 2 minutes. Both of them alluded to getting curse filled calls from bo regarding points made on the show. Then today Matt Schick was on Bahe,s show and he said he knew a guy at the wirld herald that got berayed on the phone by bo first thing one morning. Theres just no excuse for this garbage. And i apologize to Dirk, shatel,ckewon, all the media cuz i always thiught they were bein asshats at times when frankly they had reasons. And they coulda been a lot worse.
Can we hear these rants or is this just the overbearing local media covering for each other? Next subject will be why each paper has so freaking many sports reporters.Next is why every former player has a radio show.
so you dont believe he would do such a thing? You havent seen enough to be able to not be shocked over something like this? Hell, if he flipped and went on a spree of robbing smoke outlets, i wouldnt be shocked at all.

Yeah, I think he might challenge what they say about his players and he has as much right to do that as the 50 of them have to write their stupid articles based on what we happen to be talking about that day. They act like it's a one-way street and he just has to sit there and take it. At the end of the day, maybe he should've enlisted some of us to do it for him......really rip them a new one every day.....question their outrageous salaries and qualifications? That would've been a blast. Now I can't wait for Dirkie Downer to go off on Riley.
part of the job as a head coach at a mojor program like this is being able to and educating your players to be able to block out and not pay attention to the outside negatives. And the crap that goes on here goes in everywhere. Once you do what Bo did, abd give that stuff the keys to your apartment, youre as good as done.

Getting fired with a .700+ win percentage has got to be tough to swallow and everyone knows Bo is a very emotional man. That said, he really needed to give himself some time to get over the emotion of being canned. I am sure it hurt an lot! nothing good ever comes from running you mouth when your really emotional (pissed)! Hopefully Bo will learn..

he hasn't yet

Getting fired with a .700+ win percentage has got to be tough to swallow and everyone knows Bo is a very emotional man. That said, he really needed to give himself some time to get over the emotion of being canned. I am sure it hurt an lot! nothing good ever comes from running you mouth when your really emotional (pissed)! Hopefully Bo will learn..

he hasn't yet

Tru Dat!

part of the job as a head coach at a mojor program like this is being able to and educating your players to be able to block out and not pay attention to the outside negatives. And the crap that goes on here goes in everywhere. Once you do what Bo did, abd give that stuff the keys to your apartment, youre as good as done.

Having lived here most of my life I think this IS a special place when it comes to the entire state obsessing about every detail concerning Husker football. I'm sure there are others like it...Alabama, Texas, Notre Dame.....and Bo was not cut out to handle the nuttiness here in the home of the reluctant astronaut, but I'm not sure anyone is......especially since the Solich era when the internet took off. It wasn't anything like this before that in regards to the intense badgering from all directions and the ability of any worn out jock to make a name for himself by scrutinizing the team. Riley seems pretty shrewd for such a nice guy and hopefully he'll be able to handle it.

Talk about people not being able to let things go, making up crap about Bo calling the media and ranting , what's next? saying Bo actually killed the raccoon ?

So some of you actually think Bo called in and left VOICEMAILS sounding like a raving nut and they weren't released to the public....really? everything Bo has done in private seems to have been taped and released-because a lot of weasels wanted Bo gone, so why did we not hear the voicemails? why? because it's BS

Some of you guys are pretty funny and a little quixotic in your thoughts-

I have a prediction, YSU in 2-3 years will be winning 9-10 games per year and their fans won't get the vapors when Bo yells and curses.

• Fire 1

Talk about people not being able to let things go, making up crap about Bo calling the media and ranting , what's next? saying Bo actually killed the raccoon ?

So some of you actually think Bo called in and left VOICEMAILS sounding like a raving nut and they weren't released to the public....really? everything Bo has done in private seems to have been taped and released-because a lot of weasels wanted Bo gone, so why did we not hear the voicemails? why? because it's BS

I have a prediction, YSU in 2-3 years will be winning 9-10 games per year and their fans won't get the vapors when Bo yells and curses.

Why haven't we heard the voicemails? It's called sucking it up and being a professional. You gotta have a thick skin to do that. Something Bo could learn from.

do you really think it's just the cuss words and not the vile message that accompanies those words that bothers people?

I have no problem at all with Bo calling Shatel and chewing his ass......as a matter of fact that's exactly what every coach should do if he has a problem with the weird herald; go right to the source. Okay with me if he gives Shatel the 'I'm forty, I'm a man!!!' speech.

I went over to a YSU board to see what they thought about Bo's ranting and while there were two goody two shoes types going 'tisk tisk, that's not acceptable here' ,most of them were laughing up their sleave. I don't think they care and I doubt it will be a problem in that kind of program.

I have no problem at all with Bo calling Shatel and chewing his ass......as a matter of fact that's exactly what every coach should do if he has a problem with the weird herald; go right to the source. Okay with me if he gives Shatel the 'I'm forty, I'm a man!!!' speech.

I went over to a YSU board to see what they thought about Bo's ranting and while there were two goody two shoes types going 'tisk tisk, that's not acceptable here' ,most of them were laughing up their sleave. I don't think they care and I doubt it will be a problem in that kind of program.

Well once they start putting pressure on Bo he might feel it. It's a good job for him. Low expectations. Low pressure. I'm just glad he's not around to despise us anymore.

2 out of 8 posters. impressive.

• Fire 1

Yeah, this thing with the reporters has been intimated on a few times before now. The media were holding back because there wasn't a point to it at the time. And they still are a little because there's certainly no point to it now.

It's funny. Bo preaches a pretty good message halfway: "I don't pay attention to the press clippings."

The other half, of course, is the part where he absolutely does, and in fact pays so much attention as to obsess over it and respond in the unhealthiest of ways. And as of his personal reaction isn't enough, he puts all of this on his players.

If they're winning nine games per year I would hope they'll put up with him for more than 2 or 3 years. We kept him for seven.

• Fire 1