YSU issues statement on Pelini's controversial Nebraska rant

Ivan Maisel's take

I don't think it hurts his career in the long run. He won't get tagged as a guy who can't work with anyone, because he will be fine in his next job. Pelini respects Youngstown State president Jim Tressel, and I bet Pelini will try very hard not to embarrass Tressel or make him regret this show of faith.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/105833/bo-pelinis-nebraska-tirade-is-no-surprise

Pelini respected Osborne and had no problems being an embarrassment here, so I think I'll take that bet.

• Fire 2

"Coach Pelini's remarks as reported are inappropriate and unfortunate. We have discussed the report with coach. We are confident that Coach will conduct himself accordingly moving forward.

Sounds pretty familiar.

Yeah . . . how many times was Bo reprimanded in a similar fashion by Nebraska? 2? 3?

Good luck with that Youngstown. And Bo? Don't go changing. We know you won't.

My opinion is that Tressel will keep Pelini at heel, set well defined boundaries, and let Pelini know how the flow chart works and his place in it, while giving Pelini plenty of feedback and status updates. Bo should do better under such circumstances.

Eichorst is better off with a Riley, who seems ready and willing to handle much of the glad handing and schmoozing and handling an engaged and often needy fan base that's required here in Nebraska.

Some people can own a pit bull, some do better with Labs.

"often needy fan base"

Who's needy? I am an not needy. Why are we needy? Tell me why were needy. I should start a new topic on this? Did Eichorst have a secret meeting about our neediness? Did Bo mention this? Did Dirk Chatelain tweet this? I wonder what TO has to say about this? Dumb pc liberals ruining America. Where's the sock puppet on this? Is Jim Rome going to talk to RIley about this? Anybody have any insiders that can fill us in on this issue? Can we calm down Josh Mitchell for a minute? Will this effect recruiting? Tell me me whats going on!!!!!

Just in case........ :sarcasm

• Fire 1

Unlike the previous two coaches (yes even Callahan) I followed their post Nebraska careers and even rooted for them.Sort of how I always enjoy watching former Nebraska guys on Sunday. But I made up my mind way before this stupid tape came out that I would be actively rooting against YSU the first time the rumors came around that he might be going there.

Now AFTER the tape came out I kind of feel bad for them.

I look forward to the pressure cooker that is the southern Ohio media making the national perception of YSU better than the local one.

Lets let Springsteen teach you a bit about geography:

Here in northeast Ohio

Back in eighteen-o-three

James and Dan Heaton

Found the ore that was linin' Yellow Creek

They built a blast furnace

Here along the shore

And they made the cannonballs

That helped the Union win the war

Here in Youngstown

Here in Youngstown

My sweet Jenny I'm sinkin' down

Here darlin' in Youngstown

As for the local perception of YSU, it will always be better better than the national perception.

Well my daddy come on the Ohio works

When he come home from World War Two

Now the yard's just scrap and rubble

He said "Them big boys did what Hitler couldn't do."

These mills they built the tanks and bombs

That won this country's wars

We sent our sons to Korea and Vietnam

Now we're wondering what they were dyin' for

From the Monongahela valley

To the Mesabi iron range

To the coal mines of Appalachia

The story's always the same