Gangwish suspended?

Warrior10

Oh wah. He can cry me a river. Don't take selfies with dead ot soon to be dead animals. You're either an idiot or a cruel idiot. Either way, he deserves something and Riley is too new to it all to do anything so nothing to see here imo.

Are you serious?
Yeah I am. Is there something wrong with that? I'm no animal conservationist but either one of two things occurred; he either tried to kill the racoon so he could take a picture with it and got bit in the process. Or, he tried to take a picture with a life racoon and got bit and decided to kill the racoon. Again either way it's a dumb dumb move. And one is f'd up cause it's his fault he got bit for messing with a wild animal.

well, I can guarantee you Gangwish has killed hundreds of coons that WERENT trying to bite him, FOR FUN.

Is coon hunting not legal in a city? What the hell difference does it make. A harmless picture transpiring into self defense? And he has to be suspended for it? Because of pressure from a garbage organization like PETA? Cmon. What the hell is wrong with this country and political correctness?

Not saying I disagree with you but hunting a raccoon with a rifle and bashing one to death with a wrench are kind of different.

The coon started it! In any case, if you are bitten by a coon, it is very wise to check the coon for rabies. He had no choice but to kill it.

Oh wah. He can cry me a river. Don't take selfies with dead ot soon to be dead animals. You're either an idiot or a cruel idiot. Either way, he deserves something and Riley is too new to it all to do anything so nothing to see here imo.

Are you serious?

Yeah I am. Is there something wrong with that? I'm no animal conservationist but either one of two things occurred; he either tried to kill the racoon so he could take a picture with it and got bit in the process. Or, he tried to take a picture with a life racoon and got bit and decided to kill the racoon. Again either way it's a dumb dumb move. And one is f'd up cause it's his fault he got bit for messing with a wild animal.

well, I can guarantee you Gangwish has killed hundreds of coons that WERENT trying to bite him, FOR FUN.

Is coon hunting not legal in a city? What the hell difference does it make. A harmless picture transpiring into self defense? And he has to be suspended for it? Because of pressure from a garbage organization like PETA? Cmon. What the hell is wrong with this country and political correctness?

Not saying I disagree with you but hunting a raccoon with a rifle and bashing one to death with a wrench are kind of different.

The coon started it! In any case, if you are bitten by a coon, it is very wise to check the coon for rabies. He had no choice but to kill it.

This what some people don't understand. Whether he killed it or captured it in a cage to let the vet kill it. That raccoon was gonna have to be killed.

Who's behind Gangwish ob the Depth Chart? I it AJ Natter Batter or Joe Keels or someone else

Doesn't matter the guy infront of him is gonna play.

And if rumors are true..... Gangwish is only suspended for the first half.

Ok thank you, a response, McMullen will start but we need to be able to get to the quarterback in this bowl game so why not suspend him a few days of practice or just talk to him about his actions instead of make him sit out of a game he could play a lot in if someone is hurt.

the responses to this are just mind blowing. Some of you need your head re examined.

Vague. No one knows what you're talking about
You dont even know what you are talking about.

Please enlighten me.

If you read a couple posts above, he finally said something that makes sense. That's the only reason I came back to this thread, to see what the hell he's talking about.

• Fire 1

Wow. The are a lot of pu&&ies on this board. It's an effin coon. I don't care if he took a selfie with it and I couldn't care less if he beat it with a shop towel. For dbag Eichorst to suspend him for it because PETA is absolutely bs. I suppose all the yuppies on this board will tell me now that we have a team rule that says you can't kill coons and take selfies with them? Just exactly what is he being suspended for? Highly doubt there's a rule against killing coons and there isn't a law against it either. Our AD is exactly what Bo said he is and he just keeps proving it. And all you defending Eichorst make me vomit in my mouth. You obviously didn't grow up in a rural area where coon hunting is a popular past times for kids and hell for that matter, adults. I literally just got in from taking my sons coon calling/hunting. And guess what, clubs are cheaper than bullets! Oh no, now everyone will condemn me for killing a poor defensless animal. Oh well, another $12 for my kids college fund.

• Fire 4

Is that the rule after being bitten by an animal? Serious question. If I am bitten by any animal, it's my job to try to kill it by any means necessary to have it tested for rabies?

I am on your side. I think it is silly but Gangwish chose to post the pics and the story. Now he has to deal with consequences. Right wrong or indifferent.

And I have no idea what the law is about running over animals. I would prefer not to so as to avoid damage to my car.

That is not necessarily the rule with all animals. Only mammals carry rabies. The primary reservoirs of rabies are insectivorous bats, skunks, raccoons, and foxes. Domestic animals can carry rabies as well, but it is not nearly as common. A domestic animal that bites should be confined for 10 days. If alive after 10 days, it didn't have rabies. However, the CDC recommends the following:

Skunks, raccoons, foxes and bats that bite humans should be euthanized and tested as soon as possible. The length of time between rabies virus appearing in the saliva and onset of symptoms is unknown for these animals and holding them for observation is not acceptable.

The treatment for rabies exposure (or potential exposure in this case) is injection of Rabies Immune globulin (antibodies to rabies virus) at several locations immediately adjacent to the wound, and also an IM injection at a distant site. Then Rabies vaccine is administered on the day of exposure (day 1) and on day 3, day 7 and day 14.

The alternative therapy of course is to engage your brain before you get bit doing something stupid. Of course, that isn't always possible. A friend of mine who was working at Camp Lejeune at the time had a marine call her to ask if he could get sick from biting the head off of a dead squirrel, so, you know.