Trying To Help Out The Buff Fans' Knowledge

From rojo:

Colorado signed a quarterback---Cody Hawkins (Coach Dan Hawkins' son)---5’ 11” 176-lbs (Rivals). Rivals lists him as their #17 pro-style QB; he was also an Elite 11 QB last summer. He plans to greyshirt (and grow) this year.

The Boulder Daily-Camera carried this comment on the signing from a Buff fan.

[#1] “Just because NU was able to win a couple of games at the end of the season doesn't mean anything. I'd rather have a 6' 0" Cody Hawkins [uh.... 5' 11"] than a 6' 2"....

[#2] interception-throwing,

[#3] inept Zac Taylor. Go buffs.”

It is good to help people. Maybe we can help this confused CU fan.

Re. #1: Winning “a couple” [?] of games at the end of the season “doesn’t mean anything”….??

--Nebraska 27 – Kansas State 25

--Nebraska 30 – Colorado 3

--Nebraska 32 – Michigan 28

What it meant: Nebraska (8-4). Final ranking: #24 (USA Today, Associated Press & Sagarin)

One wonders…

Does this “mean anything”?? Colorado ended the year with four losses and being outscored 149 – 37.

--Iowa State 30 – Colorado 21

--Nebraska 30 – Colorado 3

--Texas 70 – Colorado 3

--Clemson 19 –Colorado 10

--What it meant: A fired coach. Colorado (7-6)---Unranked in USA Today & AP polls; #36—Sagarin.

Re. #2: “Interception-throwing” Zac Taylor…??

Zac Taylor threw no interceptions against CU. In fact he had an excellent day: 27-43-0 (63%); Pass Efficiency: 155.

Also…

Interception Rates for Big 12 Quarterbacks: Interceptions/Pass Attempts (Big 12 games only)

1. Bell, BU Jr: 1/112 pass attempts.

2. Klatt, CU Sr: 1/69

3. Meyer, ISU So: 1/61

4. Taylor, NU Jr: 1/44

5. Young, UT Jr: 1/42

6. Smith, MU Sr: 1/40

7. Hodges, TT Sr: 1/36

8. Bomar, OU Fr: 1/33

9. Evridge, KSU Fr: 1/29

10 McNeal, TAM Sr: 1/25

11 Swanson, KU Sr: 1/19

12 Pena, OSU So: 1/14

Re. #3: "Inept" Zac Taylor?? Taylor’s first tour through the Big 12 was hardly “inept.”

Passing Yards Per Game: (Big 12 games only.)

1. Hodges, Cody......... TT Sr---366

2. Taylor, Zac......... NU Jr---261 yds/game

3. Young, Vince........ UT Jr---254.

4. Meyer, Bret.......... ISU So---250

5. Klatt, Joel......... CU Sr---237

6. Bell, Shawn......... BU Jr---199

7. Bomar, Rhett........ OU Fr---186

8. McNeal, Reggie...... TAM Sr---170

9. Smith, Brad......... MU Sr---159

10. Evridge, Allan...... KSU Fr---159

11. Pena, Al............ OSU So--- 157

12. Swanson, Jason...... KU Sr---153

Pass Efficiency Rating: (Big 12 games only)

1. Young, Vince........ UT Jr---168

2. Meyer, Bret.......... ISU So---141

3. Hodges, Cody......... TT Sr---138

4. Klatt, Joel......... CU Sr---128

5. Taylor, Zac......... NU Jr---127

6. Bell, Shawn......... BU Jr---122

7. Bomar, Rhett........ OU Fr---114

8. McNeal, Reggie...... TAM Sr---107

9. Smith, Brad......... MU Sr---104

10. Evridge, Allan...... KSU Fr---103

11. Pena, Al............ OSU S0---102

12. Swanson, Jason...... KU Sr---95

The Bottom Line:

It is good to help people---CU fans or not.

It is also good to appreciate what you’ve got. From Butler Community College to the Big 12 was a big step. It wasn’t all smooth for Zac, but it was quite good.

And it gives us a solid basis for optimism about ‘06. Thanks, Zac.

Just some things to think about....

They just hate NU. Most CU fan smack talk and rhetoric usually does not reach a level typically deemed intelligent. These are the type of remarks one makes when his/her love for one team and hatred for another, overtakes or conquers their ability to think rational (or they could be just plain stupid).

Colorado fans are too jealous of Nebraska's program to muster anything positive about the Huskers. It's envy - pure and simple. Now, on the other hand, I am NOT jealous of Colorado's program and I can't think of one positive thing to say about them.

The one thing that Zac Taylor showed was smart decision-making (lack of mistakes including interceptions) and guts. Taylor showed grit, poise and determination in the face of Division I opponents. He also showed a propensity of picking up Callahans's WCO system in a short period of time. In fact, without Taylor, I don't think Nebraska finishes 7-4 and a bowl win. Now, if the writer of that post wants to believe that Hawkins, and untried and unproven player, is the answer for them, then so be it. With Hawkins or not, I think the Buffs football program is in total disarray.

BTW Anyone visit the Buffs message boards after the signing of LOI?? Note that MANY of the members of those message boards gave the Buffs a "B" or better grade in recruiting? Here we are, giving the same grades to Callahan and company for their recruiting efforts. Its either the Buff fans have an unrealisticly favorable view of their team, or we have extremely high expectations of our coaches. I think that's the difference between a team that has won 5 National Championships and another that has won.....nada.

By the way, I wish people would stop referring to Colorado as "sCUm". It's the same thing as Missouri and Colorado fans referring the the Big Red as the "Fuskers". It's all juvenile. I'm going off-topic....sorry.

I hope that when the Buffs play us in Lincoln, this fall, that we as fans treat them very sportmanlike, but beat them badly! It's our turn to show the world how much of a contrast our fans at our stadium behave.

Roy, you nailed it. I would love for the telecast to show what happened last year and then as one would expect contrast it with the good behavior and class of our fans. Wouldn't that be cool?

They just hate NU. Most CU fan smack talk and rhetoric usually does not reach a level typically deemed intelligent. These are the type of remarks one makes when his/her love for one team and hatred for another, overtakes or conquers their ability to think rational (or they could be just plain stupid).

To quote Ralph "CU fan" Wiggum:

Me fail English? That's Unpossible! ;)