Props to Papuchis . . .

Let's look at Papuchis's career prior to working at Nebraska

2000-2001 Blacksburg High JV Basketball coach

2001-2003 Kansas University Graduate Assistant

2004-2007 LSU Graduate Assistant

AND THAT'S IT. That is a guy who is the defensive coordinator at one of the most storied programs in the country. I know he's just a puppet for Pelini, but that's exactly what the problem is. A guy with no experience, no clue what he's doing, who simply is a puppet hand for Pelini and provides no valuable input or outside thinking of his own. Still wondering about Melvin Gordon's 408? Here's part of the reason why.

HOLY CARP! I knew he was a little wet behind the ears but jeez!

Let's look at Papuchis's career prior to working at Nebraska

2000-2001 Blacksburg High JV Basketball coach

2001-2003 Kansas University Graduate Assistant

2004-2007 LSU Graduate Assistant

AND THAT'S IT. That is a guy who is the defensive coordinator at one of the most storied programs in the country. I know he's just a puppet for Pelini, but that's exactly what the problem is. A guy with no experience, no clue what he's doing, who simply is a puppet hand for Pelini and provides no valuable input or outside thinking of his own. Still wondering about Melvin Gordon's 408? Here's part of the reason why.

Yikes. I didn't even realize that. Well at least he had the right qualifications.

How can anyone make judgement on this guy. When we won, Pelini got the credit. When we lost, and lost big, it was on Papu.

So I guess of all this stuff, who knows about Beck, or even Watson before. I am wondering if any of his assistants could do anything well or could make any calls without going thru Bo.

Really, the control freak that Bo was, do we know anythiong about his assistants?

How can anyone make judgement on this guy. When we won, Pelini got the credit. When we lost, and lost big, it was on Papu.

So I guess of all this stuff, who knows about Beck, or even Watson before. I am wondering if any of his assistants could do anything well or could make any calls without going thru Bo.

Really, the control freak that Bo was, do we know anythiong about his assistants?

This is what makes this the bowl game especially interesting this year. If Paps throws a shutout does Riley keep him? Will Beck call 75 pass plays?

I have to totally disagree. Pap was one of the worst DCs in college football this season.

Paps signaled plays in for Bo, he was teaching Bo's system. It was not what he wanted to run and we really can not judge him on anything other than his game day responsibilities and how he handled keeping those guys organized. So there isn't anyone who can judge him on "his" system.

I have to totally disagree. Pap was one of the worst DCs in college football this season.

Paps signaled plays in for Bo, he was teaching Bo's system. It was not what he wanted to run and we really can not judge him on anything other than his game day responsibilities and how he handled keeping those guys organized. So there isn't anyone who can judge him on "his" system.

How is it that you know ANY of this with any degree of certainty?

Did you watch the sidelines? Bo looks at sheet talks into headset then after that you see pap send in the signal. 1620 the zone has said it a million times. Bo always called the defense period

Put Lavonte David on one side, Demorrio Williams on the other and the coach looks like a genius no matter what he does. Gordon runs for 20 yards.

Bo's defense gave up the all time single game single player rushing record in only 3 quarters. The scheme counts, and Bo's scheme cannot stop the run. We have seen this for several years. Bo's defenses also had 7 of the worst 9 performances of all time. I do not believe that his talent was that bad.

Did you watch the sidelines? Bo looks at sheet talks into headset then after that you see pap send in the signal. 1620 the zone has said it a million times. Bo always called the defense period

None of us know what Papuchis wanted to run. We don't even know if Paps had his own system.

None of us know what Papuchis wanted to run. We don't even know if Paps had his own system.

His system is Bo's system...it's the only one he has ever been exposed to

His system is Bo's system...it's the only one he has ever been exposed to

I would tend to agree, but that isn't what I was responding to initially in this thread. It was a poster who presumed to know Paps had some super secret defense that he couldn't run because of Pelini. (OK, so I embellished just a little. :D)