Could Gerry move to LB?

chamrocck

Also, speed is not an issue for Gerry. Kid set state records for track in South Dakota. Not sure where that idea is coming from...

Probably more of a lateral quickness issue. Watch the film and he is just slow on cutting and getting in right position often leading to the missed arm tackling. I am pulling for the guy but a lot of groans from the section I was in. He has a nose for the ball...if he can get to it.

I couldn't agree more , it is more about lateral quickness and angles, but he would have to bulk up

Gerry has quickly become one of my favorites on the defensive side of the ball. He was one that I have said, needed to buy into MR and not get the transfer bug….. I was relieved to hear that he is all N. He is a stud at Safety. As many have said, he will be an NFL safety before it is all done. Kid can run, has a nose for the ball, and can hit.

yes, he missed tackles…..but a few of them were asking almost too much from anyone. During the Holiday Bowl, it seemed as if he missed the tackles by "over running" a gap, while lining up in the box...

His experiment at LB last season failed. I agree that if they try to move him, he will be out the door.

I like Nate Gerry but he is often overmatched in the open field against speed players. Would it be better for him to play closer to the LOS? I was at the Holiday Bowl and the fans around me were expressing the same sentiment that long term Gerry does not have the speed/quickness necessary at safety plus he takes a ton of bad angles. I'll be interested to watch Gerry's development. Started off season well but seemed to regress down the stretch...perhaps long season wore him down? Or are we in for a position change here?

He had, arguably, a top 5 safety season in the country. With no LB help, he's bound to be juked out of his socks a number of times. This guy was (again arguably) the best defensive player every game for NU. Go ahead and crush me, but he outshined Gregory in nearly every single game they both played.

• Fire 1