Kenny Bell Deserves Better Than Us

Landlord

IT got tired to me. I also think he is a bit overrated. He got a lot of pub and seemed to be well liked because of the flash over substance.

How many more frickin' records did Bell need to break before he gets any respect from people like you?

I bit my tongue when some other @sshat on this forum said that Bell couldn't hold Johnny Rogers gym bag...really? Which one has the receiving record? Which one has the felony record? What kind of douchery is that?

It all comes down to a butthurt fan base that thinks they are somehow integral to what happens on the field and locker room because they wear an over priced red shirt and bought some tickets...and when someone like Kenny Bell doesn't feed that false assumption, they start to act petty and vindictive, feeling snubbed when they see Pelini's name on a sweatband and not their own. Hell hath no fury like a "Husker fan" scorned, I guess.

Here's what Teddy Roosevelt said about such situations as what we see with Kenny Bell:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming;

The problem is that too many "fans" think they were in the arena with Pelini and Bell, not sitting in a seat watching.

• Fire 2

IT got tired to me. I also think he is a bit overrated. He got a lot of pub and seemed to be well liked because of the flash over substance.

How many more frickin' records did Bell need to break before he gets any respect from people like you?

I bit my tongue when some other @sshat on this forum said that Bell couldn't hold Johnny Rogers gym bag...really? Which one has the receiving record? Which one has the felony record? What kind of douchery is that?

It all comes down to a butthurt fan base that thinks they are somehow integral to what happens on the field and locker room because they wear an over priced red shirt and bought some tickets...and when someone like Kenny Bell doesn't feed that false assumption, they start to act petty and vindictive, feeling snubbed when they see Pelini's name on a sweatband and not their own. Hell hath no fury like a "Husker fan" scorned, I guess.

Here's what Teddy Roosevelt said about such situations as what we see with Kenny Bell:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming;

The problem is that too many "fans" think they were in the arena with Pelini and Bell, not sitting in a seat watching.

Johnny has a heisman genius

• Fire 1

Well written and right on.

People who quote the entire effing OP need to get the ban hammer for one day to teach them some netiquette. There is nothing more annoying when you don't have access to a computer and are trying to read the forums on a phone. So please for the love of God, stop.

They need to go work at McDonald's.

(not that that is bad)

It isn't like everyone woke up one day and decided they were going to be rough on Kenny Bell. All of the reasons he got criticized were self induced/inflicted.

With the utmost emphasis on "It isn't like everyone", because it wasn't / isn't even close to being "like everyone". It is a few ankle biters that aren't even a sizeable minority that wear "Nebraska Nice" as a façade and claiming to represent "everyone" that started this petty unpleasantness of sniping at Bell.

• Fire 1

People who quote the entire effing OP need to get the ban hammer for one day to teach them some netiquette. There is nothing more annoying when you don't have access to a computer and are trying to read the forums on a phone. So please for the love of God, stop.

People who don't have access to a computer/tablet or a decent sized phone are the worst.
  • Fire 1
Johnny has a heisman genius

Same could be said of Reggie Bush...except Bush had to give his Heisman back for being given illicit payments. Johnny got his money the old fashioned way...at gunpoint...which is the same way he kept the cable guy from disconnecting him out in California, if you recall...

...genius...

• Fire 1

I agree, also if Swift started the majority of 4 years he'd be way out in front on the records.

...and if the coach would have put Uncle Rico in during the fourth quarter, they'd have won state, no doubt... :funnyhahah

But seriously, part of Kenny Bell's career record came from being able to crack the starting lineup for four years.

Also in the "what if" game, what if Bell had Joe Ganz throwing to him instead of trying to corral Martinez and Armstrong's throws?...

People who don't have access to a computer/tablet or a decent sized phone are the worst.

ZROD... Be very careful here...

Seriously.. She will rip your face off.

Dont question her.... She killed the only other woman who entered this board.

ZROD... Be very careful here...

Seriously.. She will rip your face off.

Dont question her.... She killed the only other woman who entered this board.

With a wrench.