Anyone wanna bet Michigan IMPROVES and Nebraska

Husker Q

I think Jim Harbaugh would like to keep his distance from Greg Roman at this time.

I honestly don't think Harbaugh was laying in wait for the Michigan job. Every indication was that he wanted to stay in the NFL, ideally on a team that would let him quickly retool and embarrass the San Francisco 49ers. The Chicago Bears job would have come closest to that, but the Michigan job would likely go away (recruiting pressures) if Harbaugh dithered too long weighing offers from the NFL, which couldn't happen until last week. Too much money and too much love from Michigan made the decision easier.

I assume that Harbaugh can bring a few wins to Michigan but unlike his time at Stanford when USC, and UCLA, were in transition and the only solid team was Oregon I think this will be a tougher road to become elite. If he cant beat Meyer he wont sniff a championship, and along the way he needs to beat Michigan State and Penn State with and Occasional challenge from Wisconsin, Nebraska and Minnesota. Hardly the cake walk he had during his years at Stanford.

I assume that Harbaugh can bring a few wins to Michigan but unlike his time at Stanford when USC, and UCLA, were in transition and the only solid team was Oregon I think this will be a tougher road to become elite. If he cant beat Meyer he wont sniff a championship, and along the way he needs to beat Michigan State and Penn State with and Occasional challenge from Wisconsin, Nebraska and Minnesota. Hardly the cake walk he had during his years at Stanford.

Am I reading this correctly to assume you're saying that beating Penn St (on a par with OSU and Sparty ??) is going to be more difficult than an "occasional challenge" from Nebraska?

Or are you referencing the divisional hurdles in the first place?

I think Jim Harbaugh would like to keep his distance from Greg Roman at this time.

I honestly don't think Harbaugh was laying in wait for the Michigan job. Every indication was that he wanted to stay in the NFL, ideally on a team that would let him quickly retool and embarrass the San Francisco 49ers. The Chicago Bears job would have come closest to that, but the Michigan job would likely go away (recruiting pressures) if Harbaugh dithered too long weighing offers from the NFL, which couldn't happen until last week. Too much money and too much love from Michigan made the decision easier.

mark clayton on espn whos a pretty decent info guy in my opinion said Harbaugh had reached out to some other NFL teams and basically took the Michigan job as a "backup" ( not sure if that was his exact word) and fully expects Harbaugh to be back in the Nfl within 3 years when the right fit and circumstances open up.

Am I reading this correctly to assume you're saying that beating Penn St (on a par with OSU and Sparty ??) is going to be more difficult than an "occasional challenge" from Nebraska?

You are right I am thinking for the divisional hurdles.

I don't know how the win loss record will turn out, but we will be a better football team no doubt about it.

I am supremely confident that "better" is incumbent on the how the win / loss record turns out. That's the yard stick of "better". We can't be better with 6 losses.

Occasional I would assume means they are not on the schedule every year. We don't see Mich til 2018 as it stands.

Occasional I would assume means they are not on the schedule every year. We don't see Mich til 2018 as it stands.

It wouldn't surprise me that we only play against a Harbaugh led team once or maybe even not at all. John having the only Super Bowl Ring in the family is a strong incentive to move back to the NFL.

T_O_B

Also keep in mind he had Andrew Luck as QB while coaching at Stanford. An incredible QB like him can make many good coaches look great.

• Fire 1

mark clayton on espn whos a pretty decent info guy in my opinion said Harbaugh had reached out to some other NFL teams and basically took the Michigan job as a "backup" ( not sure if that was his exact word) and fully expects Harbaugh to be back in the Nfl within 3 years when the right fit and circumstances open up.

Look. I like you guys. But if you're basing your opinions on "Mark" clayton (I assume you mean John Clayton) after the debacle the NFL media went through during this coaching search I really don't know what to say. Harbaugh will stay AT LEAST through his current contract. That's not to say he won't ever leave for the league, but let's just forget about the idea that he simply took the UM job to bide for time until Belichick retires.

• Fire 1