Anyone wanna bet Michigan IMPROVES and Nebraska

Husker Q

Michigan and Ohio St have the reigns right now and for what Michigan is investing and for what Nebraska has invested makes me wonder about "resources". If your truly a college blue blood football program, then where is Riley's 4 or 5 Million$? If your university and AD actually think this guy is the one, he should have been given $4 mill per year, not $2.7 mill. Proof is in the pudding on this issue.

Valid point. There are posters that bring up this is about Pelini. It's not. Pelini is drawing a nice little paycheck courtesy of his buyout. He's fine. This is about the head coaching market and where Nebraska stands with all our resources, facilities, tradition, and history. Apparently, we found out.
So someone is willing to sell you a New prius for 25k, another dealership offers you the exact same prius for 50k. So you spend the extra 25k just to show that you can?

Ps prius was used because Riley drives one

He drives a damn Prius? Of all the things people have said about him, that is the first thing I have heard that deserves criticism.

When he isn't riding his bike. The guy has been in oregon for over a decade. A few slabs of Nebraska beef with have him driving a Silverado before you know it

Silverado? He can go coach the Hawkeyes then.

We want this team to be smash mouth again? Then the coach's truck has to be Built Ford Tough.

:box

Ford's are the safest truck on the road, because most are in the shop

• Fire 1

Michigan and Ohio St have the reigns right now and for what Michigan is investing and for what Nebraska has invested makes me wonder about "resources". If your truly a college blue blood football program, then where is Riley's 4 or 5 Million$? If your university and AD actually think this guy is the one, he should have been given $4 mill per year, not $2.7 mill. Proof is in the pudding on this issue.

Valid point. There are posters that bring up this is about Pelini. It's not. Pelini is drawing a nice little paycheck courtesy of his buyout. He's fine. This is about the head coaching market and where Nebraska stands with all our resources, facilities, tradition, and history. Apparently, we found out.
So someone is willing to sell you a New prius for 25k, another dealership offers you the exact same prius for 50k. So you spend the extra 25k just to show that you can?

He drives a damn Prius? Of all the things people have said about him, that is the first thing I have heard that deserves criticism.

When he isn't riding his bike. The guy has been in oregon for over a decade. A few slabs of Nebraska beef with have him driving a Silverado before you know it

We want this team to be smash mouth again? Then the coach's truck has to be Built Ford Tough.

If that were true, which it isn't, wouldn't that then make them NOT on the road? Typical Chevy guy, not smart enough to even insult someone and have it make sense. lol

• Fire 2

If that were true, which it isn't, wouldn't that then make them NOT on the road? Typical Chevy guy, not smart enough to even insult someone and have it make sense. lol

I drive a Nissan haha

It's not a valid point. We don't have to pay him 4-5m a year. If he wins some big games he will probably be rewarded for it. I know there is something like 1m in bonuses for winning post season. Riley is not a hot name that had a bunch of offers coming at him. We offered what we needed to get him, he isn't doing it for the money and paying him more won't make him better.

This ^^^^^. Why spend millions if you don't have too? Put it into other resources like recruiting , assistants, other upgrades, etc.

After analyzing this HC hire I'm more excited about it than anyone we have had since TO retired. This guy has great coaching experience and in general can do more with less than many coaches currently out there. IMO that was an issue with the previous staff. If we can coach our players up, then we will see it translated on the field.

He also looks like he is a good recruiter and evaluator of talent. So far he has salvaged the majority of this years recruiting class. No small feat with the departure of most of the previous staff. The current staff in place also seems to be better than the previous staff with social media tools. Keeping the recruits engaged is critical. He should have more success with the resources here in Nebraska. I wouldn't be surprised if our future recruiting classes land in the top 15-20 every year moving forward. That would a step up if it comes to fruition.

Another huge plus with this hire is his track record with QB's. Unlike the previous staff who failed miserably at teaching this position, Riley has had many successful QB's who he found under the radar. He had less raw talent to work with, but they were coached up. If Nebraska can significantly improve the performance of this one position alone it will make all the difference in the world.

• Fire 2

I drive a Nissan haha

Fair enough, either way I don't like the Prius...

He does yoga too.

I drive a Nissan haha

Fair enough, either way I don't like the Prius...

damn, he probably farts like a girl and sh#ts cotton candy......but can he coach and recruit?

He does yoga too.

Shocking. A guy from the west coast drives a Prius. Almost as shocking as a guy in central Nebraska driving a pickup truck.

He does yoga too.

Shocking. A guy from the west coast drives a Prius. Almost as shocking as a guy in central Nebraska driving a pickup truck.

I live in Omaha, and it was meant to be humorous...

I haven't read this entire thread because I think it's stupid and unnecessary.

The thing that I've realized from all of these haters is that they're all "30+ year fans," "done their research," or "have been thinking." What they fail to mention is credibility. There is none. We don't know how riley or his staff will do but that's the fun of the new season or coaching. You have an opinion? Fine. Just realize no one respects it for more than cannon fodder so just stop or go start a thread of haters.