Change

The "Bo-less" Huskers put on one heck of a showing against USC. USC will be a top 10 rated team for preseason this coming Fall.

The SEC has taken an undeniable beating in the bowls, with two of those losses coming from a couple of those "horrible" Big10 teams.

TCU clearly showed they are the class of the Big12, while another team from the "dreadful" Big10 beat the other high flying Big12 team.

Texass and Oklahoma got embarrassed.

We have a new coach and many reason to be hopeful. Ohio State has Meyer. Michigan has Harbaugh. The Big10 is going to get some love next Fall.

Change is coming in the upper realms of college football, and I believe Nebraska will benefit from these changes.

Damn pity Sept 5th is so far away.

• Fire 3

The only thing is we need to get out there and get it going. The B1G punched a huge ticket today, but tOSU is the real benefactor. Urb is just getting going, and with Michigan getting their splash in Harbaugh things are going to get tight for us. Recruit recruit recruit..

I am happy the SEC is out and that the B1G is the conference that got it done. I don't think this really helps any one but OSU. This win gives OSU street creed and should help thier recruiting.

It obviously will show recruits you can be up north and win a championship. However, the best opportunity in the B1G will be in Columbus.

Maybe the conference gets a couple more prime time slots next year.

• Fire 1

it will 3 or 4 yrs until we riley,s recurits playing, so nu fans will have to be patient with the new coach...nu has trouble getting big name coaches, i am thinking they believe its hard to recruit for the progam in such an isolated area of the country........but who knows, maybe riley can turn it around, time will tell

it will 3 or 4 yrs until we riley,s recurits playing, so nu fans will have to be patient with the new coach...nu has trouble getting big name coaches, i am thinking they believe its hard to recruit for the progam in such an isolated area of the country........but who knows, maybe riley can turn it around, time will tell

this isnt no rebuilding project. We have the talent already here to make a legit run at a conference title and in turn, the playoffs. Were sound coaching away. We got a highly expereinced staff in terms of developing talent and tailoring systems to fit that talent. We do not need to be patient for "his guys" to get in here. There will mot be some night and day massive overhaul of the offense. In fact id bet that to the casual non-Xs Os type fan, there wont be any glaring difference at all aside from bein under center here and there, huddles, and a handful of passes to the toght ends a game. Its nit gonna be a culture shock like going from option power to west coast was

Looking at the schedule next year i fully expect an 11-1 regular season. Serious. Its all mental. If he gets these guys to all turn the page and buy in that first week of spring ball, then the train will be rollin.

• Fire 2

Riley and his staff need to get out there when recruiting opens up again and hit it hard over the next month. We need to win some recruiting battles if we hope to be competitive with the big boys.

I agree. As you watch the football playoff, it is immediately apparent that all fours teams have great talent on both sides of the ball, with depth beyond their starters. I am not sure how much can be done this year, but anyone who thinks recruiting isn't that important and all players can be developed is fooling themselves.

Two northern teams in the title game? No way. Recruiting and good coaching is the key.

Yes, two northern teams but one is still a coastal relatively warm weather school. The Midwestern schools in general still have a ton of work to do.

I think this is an example of how we will benefit from the playoff. If we were stuck in the old system, we would be stuck watching FSU and Alabama play for the championship due to media and poll voter bias thinking the SEC and FSU walk on water.

The only thing is we need to get out there and get it going. The B1G punched a huge ticket today, but tOSU is the real benefactor. Urb is just getting going, and with Michigan getting their splash in Harbaugh things are going to get tight for us. Recruit recruit recruit..

I am happy the SEC is out and that the B1G is the conference that got it done. I don't think this really helps any one but OSU. This win gives OSU street creed and should help thier recruiting.

It obviously will show recruits you can be up north and win a championship. However, the best opportunity in the B1G will be in Columbus.

Maybe the conference gets a couple more prime time slots next year.

I agree. 'Im more on the line a rising tide lifts all boats, and if that means more prime time slots that helps all of us. I'm more concerned about tOSU and Michigan casting a huge shadow and hoovering up any and all recruits that even think about coming north.

this isnt no rebuilding project. We have the talent already here to make a legit run at a conference title and in turn, the playoffs. Were sound coaching away. We got a highly expereinced staff in terms of developing talent and tailoring systems to fit that talent. We do not need to be patient for "his guys" to get in here. There will mot be some night and day massive overhaul of the offense. In fact id bet that to the casual non-Xs Os type fan, there wont be any glaring difference at all aside from bein under center here and there, huddles, and a handful of passes to the toght ends a game. Its nit gonna be a culture shock like going from option power to west coast was

Looking at the schedule next year i fully expect an 11-1 regular season. Serious. Its all mental. If he gets these guys to all turn the page and buy in that first week of spring ball, then the train will be rollin.

O-line will continue to be a problem at least next yr. and will be the most glaring deficiency