Brandon Thorn's Big Board - Top 50

This guy hates RG4 lol. Has him as a late 1st kind of guy. Also has Abdullah falling to mid 2nd which is fair just giving their value and how easy it is to find stud rbs late.

I agree with some things, I think Gregory is overrated as a pass rusher, see his game against michigan in 2013 when he faced Taylor Lewan, a taste of what the pros are like.

I predict 2nd round pick.

zero chance RG falls to the 2nd round. He wont fall past MN at 11

This guy hates RG4 lol. Has him as a late 1st kind of guy. Also has Abdullah falling to mid 2nd which is fair just giving their value and how easy it is to find stud rbs late.

I agree with some things, I think Gregory is overrated as a pass rusher, see his game against michigan in 2013 when he faced Taylor Lewan, a taste of what the pros are like.

Gregory needs to put on 15 to 20 lbs. without slowing him down. He can't play in the NFL this light without being injury prone.

When I see RG4, I see a JPP type athleticism and ceiling. Obviously he can stand to bulk up and will with the frame to do so. Not getting cut down by cut blocks is gonna be something he can be taught in the NFL unlike he was here obviously. This guy is lightning quick for his position and was on multiple occasions able to chase down runs from the backside on plays going to the other side of the field.

You're right, the '13 tape vs Lewan he wasn't strong enough to get off blocks. Every '14 tape I saw he made strides in that aspect and didn't have a game nearly like that Michigan game the previous year. He's gotten a lot better from '13-'14 and only has had 2 years of D1 football. He is going to continue to get better. He's my #1 edge rusher so far.

You're insane if you think Gregory is going in the 2nd round. He didn't have the top-5 season we were expecting, but NFL teams are going to realize he was hampered by injuries. They're looking at it as a long-term investment. The ability as a speed rusher is undeniable, the rest can be better developed in the NFL than college. He's not going to free fall because HuskerBoard is mad he wasn't healthy this year.

I doubt Abdullah goes in the 1st. RBs aren't as valuable unless you have the ability to be a true bell cow. Not sure a lot of teams are going to see that in Abdullah.

• Fire 1

I think Abdullah is a late 2nd rounder. Size will be a concern and for being a small guy he isnt super fast.

I like Gregory, but i think he is slightly overrated. I would put him as a top ten prospect, but he is going to need some coaching.

Ameer isnt elite, and i think the best situation for him is to go somewhere he can play 2nd fiddle or Running back by committee and get his reps.

Ameer is just fine. The only problem is that the NFL doesn't draft RB's like they used to. It hasn't worked out well taking RB's high in the draft at a position that has such a short shelf life. I think he'll go either late in the second round or the third round.

Gregory is a gamble. He's good against the pass. He's shown he isn't very good against the run. This might be coaching, or it might be something else. I'm sure he'll be a top 10 pick, but I also won't be surprised if we see his name as a draft bust five or ten years from now.

Am I the only one that thinks Gregory was a lot better against the run then he gets credit for.... His best quality is easily rushing the passer, but I though he held up fine against the run, and his ability to catch a RB from behind the play is pretty incredible.

Where did most of the rush yards come against our defense? It was the outside runs right. What two players primary job is it to either stop those runs or contain forcing the runner inside? It's the DE's. RG got pinched inside on almost every run. Yes, he's tremendously athletic and was able to run ball carriers down from behind. However, it was his JOB to contain and force the runner inside. Wisconsin had absolutely zero trouble pinching RG inside. The outside rushing yards exposed two huge deficiencies on our defense. One, our DE's weren't affective doing their job forcing the run inside. Two, our LB's were nonexistent causing huge chunks of yards to be gained.

The NFL is probably a better fit for RG's skill set primarily because the LB speed and play is light years ahead of where we currently are. However, RG definitely needs to improve his game and size to succeed. When Suh went to the NFL, he could already dominate anyone. I just don't see that with RG.

You're insane if you think Gregory is going in the 2nd round. He didn't have the top-5 season we were expecting, but NFL teams are going to realize he was hampered by injuries. They're looking at it as a long-term investment. The ability as a speed rusher is undeniable, the rest can be better developed in the NFL than college. He's not going to free fall because HuskerBoard is mad he wasn't healthy this year.

I doubt Abdullah goes in the 1st. RBs aren't as valuable unless you have the ability to be a true bell cow. Not sure a lot of teams are going to see that in Abdullah.

Who said anything about his stock falling because of our opinion ?? Even healthy I don't think he is a top 10 pick... yes he is a long term investment, but fact of the matter is, he is not an instant impact player, he will need a year or two before he is able to be that stand out player...And that does not equate to a top 10 pick....