Why did Riley leave, Banker gives answer.

I just hope Eichorst can provide this staff with every single resource that they ask for, and then go out of his way to provide them with resources that they DIDN'T ask for. This is the only way we can succeed - the whole department has to be on board. The only way to overcome the negative inertia, the recruiting disadvantages, the perception disadvantages, etc is to overwhelm those disadvantages by throwing our best shots at them. Recognizing the deficiencies that come with being a major college program located in Lincoln, Nebraska in the year 2014 - and not denying them or putting our heads in the sand - but confronting those challenges head-on.

You hired these guys, they are buying in 100%, and really are excited and want to be there. Now, Shawn Eichorst, SUPPORT THEM. With everything you've got and more.

• Fire 4

It's news to us Oregon State grads and fans that losing to Sac State and Eastern Washington was due to the athletic department putting a few bucks into basketball. Sorry, but I rolled my eyes at his comments. Football, like at most places, got the lion's share of the money. Banker is a crap coach and crap recruiter. He's why when you read about OSU's past studs, you never see a defensive guy mentioned.

I like the Riley hire for DONU. I hate that he brought Banker.

8 of the 18 players from OSU in the NFL are defensive guys... Nebraska 12/22. Given that Banker had no where near the talent (check the recruiting sites) or resources (Given that you're an OSU alum, prior to a couple weeks ago, you know they had sh#t resources and sh#t facilities. Cliff Harris said it best, OSU is the little brother you beat up on in the backyard) I'd say they did pretty well getting that many players into the L. They might not be stars, but they got in there as much lower ranked prospects with few exceptions.

OSU has little money and they take from that money and divide it elsewhere leaving the program where it was..no new facilities, upgrades, etc..which is the what stalled out recruiting. I think he was quite accurate & honest about his assessment of OSU as a football school... it's not.

Except they do have new facilities and upgrades. The new indoor facility and weight room are far from sh#t. They also have more money than some of the programs that defeated them.

So no, he's not accurate.

It's news to us Oregon State grads and fans that losing to Sac State and Eastern Washington was due to the athletic department putting a few bucks into basketball. Sorry, but I rolled my eyes at his comments. Football, like at most places, got the lion's share of the money. Banker is a crap coach and crap recruiter. He's why when you read about OSU's past studs, you never see a defensive guy mentioned.

I like the Riley hire for DONU. I hate that he brought Banker.

8 of the 18 players from OSU in the NFL are defensive guys... Nebraska 12/22. Given that Banker had no where near the talent (check the recruiting sites) or resources (Given that you're an OSU alum, prior to a couple weeks ago, you know they had sh#t resources and sh#t facilities. Cliff Harris said it best, OSU is the little brother you beat up on in the backyard) I'd say they did pretty well getting that many players into the L. They might not be stars, but they got in there as much lower ranked prospects with few exceptions.

OSU has little money and they take from that money and divide it elsewhere leaving the program where it was..no new facilities, upgrades, etc..which is the what stalled out recruiting. I think he was quite accurate & honest about his assessment of OSU as a football school... it's not.

Except they do have new facilities and upgrades. The new indoor facility and weight room are far from sh#t. They also have more money than some of the programs that defeated them.

So no, he's not accurate.

What OSU has does not compare to what their neighbor right down the road has. Or what any of the real big boys have. While the facilities are not a Yugo, they are not the Ferrari's of the competition. And without the flash and cash of new blood like Oregon, or the system and swag of Baylor, or the tradition of the Blue Bloods, OSU is still going to be bringing a knife to a gunfight. And lets not pretend otherwise.

I just hope Eichorst can provide this staff with every single resource that they ask for, and then go out of his way to provide them with resources that they DIDN'T ask for. This is the only way we can succeed - the whole department has to be on board. The only way to overcome the negative inertia, the recruiting disadvantages, the perception disadvantages, etc is to overwhelm those disadvantages by throwing our best shots at them. Recognizing the deficiencies that come with being a major college program located in Lincoln, Nebraska in the year 2014 - and not denying them or putting our heads in the sand - but confronting those challenges head-on.

You hired these guys, they are buying in 100%, and really are excited and want to be there. Now, Shawn Eichorst, SUPPORT THEM. With everything you've got and more.

eichorst needs to support riley like the medically-required, industrial strength bra my wife wears.

eichorst needs to support riley like the medically-required, industrial strength bra my wife wears.

I don't think Eichorst needs to be that strained in his efforts.

tschu, you nailed it my man. And I think he will. We are going to see things very different. I am anxious for the new version of Nebraska to appear. These guys are so excited to be here.

Deciding to uproot your family for a move to the Mongolia known as Nebraska (according to some) takes a commitment. They are here for a reason, keep the faith, we are headed in the right direction one very level.