Gregory #4 on Mel's board

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Mel-Kipers-latest-top-ten-2015-NFL-Draft-prospects-34579122

Mel Kiper's Top Ten 2015 NFL Draft Prospects
1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
2. Leonard Williams, DE, USC
3. Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
4. Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
5. Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
6. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
7. Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
8. DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
9. Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
10. Landon Collins, S, Alabama

2 more Alabama players going in the first round.

I think Winston is the more NFL ready QB but his maturity level is certainly a factor. What happens when he has money, freedom and not a lot to do until pre-season practice? If I was paying him a boatload of money I' be worried. Won't have that with Mariota. As for Gregory, if he can stay healthy, he will make some team one hell of a line backer.

T_O_B

I'm a little torn on Gregory. He has a lot of potential, but he also seemed to regress this year. Maybe it was the injuries, and once healthy he'll be a beast again. But I couldn't help thinking that he was spending too much time reading his own press clippings. And that makes me wonder whether if given a few million dollars as a high draft pick, he'll put in the time and effort to be great.

• Fire 1

I'm a little torn on Gregory. He has a lot of potential, but he also seemed to regress this year. Maybe it was the injuries, and once healthy he'll be a beast again. But I couldn't help thinking that he was spending too much time reading his own press clippings. And that makes me wonder whether if given a few million dollars as a high draft pick, he'll put in the time and effort to be great.

The NFL money is nice for rookies, but a lot different than what guys like Suh and Sam Bradford got just a few years ago. If Gregory wants to make the big bucks, it will have to be in his 2nd contract, and he will have to put the effort in to get that. I wish the guy nothing but luck going forward.