Did Bo concentrate too much on scheme?

Haspula

So Youngstown St was interested in a former, and rather successful, upper level Power5 coach for their tiddly FCS program, but needed a reference from Osborne first?

You think anyone is hired without checking references? Ever?

That's the point I was making in a backdoor kinda way. Someone said that with reference to Riley not being able to get ahold of TO (again, like it frickin matters anyway) and insinuated that TO making a positive reference of Bo to Tressel was some prophetic event saying we shoulda kept the guy or some sh#t. I found it comical and find the converstation as nothing more than a reference check. But it's Tressel, Bo, Osborne, and Nebraska. So we're all supposed to drop everything and care.

Sker, do you have a link to this reference, I would love to read it.

Google "Jim Tressel Tom Osborne". I woulda just posted a link, but there are numerous ones after the first. Sker aint lying, but he seems to be greatly exaggerating the importance of this, cuz frankly I, as well as many others probably, dont (and shouldnt) give a sh#t.

Sker aint lying, but he seems to be greatly exaggerating the importance of this, cuz frankly I, as well as many others probably, dont (and shouldnt) give a sh#t.

The tension between Osborne and Perlman is hurting the football program.

Both parties (yes, i said BOTH. Take 2 to tango) should let it go then. Get over it.

Sker aint lying, but he seems to be greatly exaggerating the importance of this, cuz frankly I, as well as many others probably, dont (and shouldnt) give a sh#t.

Both parties (yes, i said BOTH. Take 2 to tango) should let it go then. Get over it.

I totally agree.....just don't see it happening.

It's not just Osborne, it's the football program. I've heard (and read) current and former players allude to Harvey's axe grinding.

The point is, I heard about how great he was from the days Callahan was failing, what a great catch he would be. I knew the things he did when he left the first time, absolutely nothing positive towards Nebraska, then for seven years how great he was, up until the last month he walked on water around here. Even though he had stated numerous times how much he hated being here, the fans, the administration, the pressure, and in some ways the traditions. Had allowed some of the worst defeats this program has ever seen. Far worse than his predecessor.

Yet every single day, we see posts about the guy, how things could have been. Some are like girlfriends dropped, if I had only been better, I might still have such and such. He is gone. WE have a new coach, discuss the positive, move forward. He brought us absolutely nothing in the long run of things. Unless you consider a lot of hate, discontent, and a huge public black eye.

Time to move on to our new coach. Bo is not coming back, EVER!

Embrace the new coach, the old one had way more than a fair chance. He blew it. Move on.

Stop the poor we miss Bo threads, talk about something interesting that moves the program forward out of this mess, quit rolling in it.

Dang man, chill out.

I think Bo knows more about football and defensive scheme than MOST on this board.

I'm glad he got fired because I couldn't stand anymore blowouts on the field, or blowups off the field. But let's not pretend the guy couldn't coach.

I hope the new guys can take the horses and do better than Bo. Seems like a few adjustments and less ego will go for miles around here anyway.

But man, just chill. Not everyone has to think your way about the situation and be berated for their opinion. Let it go, he's fired.

It's not just Osborne, it's the football program. I've heard (and read) current and former players allude to Harvey's axe grinding.

If the football players are actively worried about the chancellor, then their focus is way off or they're being fed something they shouldn't be by a coach.

I feel like Im on Oprah whenever I venture into a Bo thread

"YOURE A BO LOVER, AND YOUR A BO LOVER AND UOOOOUR A BO LOVER! ALL OF YOU AR BO LOVERS!".

Skersfan, nobody seems to care that your tenure of hatred for the man exceeds everyone elses. This thread isnt for you, thats okay.

If the football players are actively worried about the chancellor, then their focus is way off or they're being fed something they shouldn't be by a coach.

You can say that about guys currently on the team, not guys that graduated a decade (or more) ago.

You can apply that to guys on the team, not guys that graduated a decade ago.

Not necessarily, we've had coaches with questionable motives for awhile, including. Bo Pelini in 03.

I feel like Im on Oprah whenever I venture into a Bo thread

"YOURE A BO LOVER, AND YOUR A BO LOVER AND UOOOOUR A BO LOVER! ALL OF YOU AR BO LOVERS!".

Skersfan, nobody seems to care that your tenure of hatred for the man exceeds everyone elses. This thread isnt for you, thats okay.

Why isn't this thread for him? Who are you to decide?

You can apply that to guys on the team, not guys that graduated a decade ago.

Not necessarily, we've had coaches with questionable motives for awhile, including. Bo Pelini in 03.

So what about the Osborne guys?