1st team meeting

I did 50 miles this morning, and were in the middle of a SoCal winter, barely got above 70 by the time I was done. Get out there and pedal ass.

These kids will bounce back quickly. Coach Riley seems to be a really good guy. They have done their homework on him. I do not think it will take long for them to develop trust in the guy or the staff.

My guess is there are as many happy the past one is gone as those that wished him still here. Kids are not stupid. They could see the writing on the wall.

Free bikes.

.... Too early?

A little early. It's winter. Few people ride bikes right now.

I dont know bout up there, but its 50 degrees here. Has been for a week. And will be for the next week plus. So you can take your winter and shove it up your a.....

Also... the tech they use for cold weather clothing is so good now it's not that hard to ride in cold weather.

• Fire 1

Honestly I hope these guys don't even have much time to think and dwell on all the ridiculous stuff us fans think is important. These guys should be working hard in school, in the weight room and doing whatever they can to improve themselves. These guys are competitors. They just want to compete. If they didn't want to be here, I honestly don't think they would be here right now. As I said in the past, a lot of these kids might see this as a fresh start and a new opportunity to prove themselves. They should view it that way and so should the coaches. Clean the slate and go from there. The rest works itself out as long as you're putting in the effort.

Honestly I hope these guys don't even have much time to think and dwell on all the ridiculous stuff us fans think is important. These guys should be working hard in school, in the weight room and doing whatever they can to improve themselves. These guys are competitors. They just want to compete. If they didn't want to be here, I honestly don't think they would be here right now. As I said in the past, a lot of these kids might see this as a fresh start and a new opportunity to prove themselves. They should view it that way and so should the coaches. Clean the slate and go from there. The rest works itself out as long as you're putting in the effort.

The more I read, the more I see things that make it seem like the team did have a split among them. Otherwise, you have seen some of the guys busting their backside to get stronger and become lean and better, then you see things like the images somewhere on this board of Cotten looking like a dough boy. I get it, linemen are big guys and most will not ever look ripped but c'mon, that image of Cotten just reinforces my words from the prior year when the Pro days showed how our players were no where near as strong or fast as they should have been with 4 years of training under their belts. I am in great hopes that Riley and his strength coach gets "ALL" the players in one mindset! We may not have the highest ranking in regards to recruiting class but to beat us, our opposition better bring their lunch!

#breakyourasstobebetter

The more I read, the more I see things that make it seem like the team did have a split among them under our previous staff. In other words, you have seen some of the guys busting their backside to get stronger and become lean and better, then you see things like the images somewhere on this board of Cotten looking like a dough boy. I get it, linemen are big guys and most will not ever look ripped but c'mon, that image of Cotten just reinforces my words from the prior year when the Pro days showed how our players were no where near as strong or fast as they should have been with 4 years of training under their belts. I am in great hopes that Riley and his strength coach gets "ALL" the players in one mindset! We may not have the highest ranking in regards to recruiting class but to beat us, our opposition better bring their lunch!

#breakyourasstobebetter

Free bikes.

.... Too early?

A little early. It's winter. Few people ride bikes right now.

I dont know bout up there, but its 50 degrees here. Has been for a week. And will be for the next week plus. So you can take your winter and shove it up your a.....

Also... the tech they use for cold weather clothing is so good now it's not that hard to ride in cold weather.

Part of your statement is going to end up in the woodshed. You know that, right?

Mark Banker @CoachBanker · Jan 11

Great 1st TEAM meeting. Let's build a bond of trust & respect. No time to talk about it, let's be about it!

How does a coach, specifically Coach Riley, go about building this back after the damage Bo caused in his last meeting?

Building takes time. Communication is very important. Should be genuine, open, and honest. It is pivotal to separate ties between the previous staff and returning players to begin a fresh start. I believe that is why you do not retain coaches, unless there is someone like Warren for all the right reasons.