Cougars getting 1 million bucks

I don't care how much they pay BYU as long as the Huskers win. It's been a long time since we lost a home opener and I don't want to kick off the Riley era like that.

1985 vs Florida State iirc

This is by far the scariest opener I can remember in my lifetime.

I remember being worried about West Virginia, but we ended up stomping them.

You youngsters.

T_O_B

I think we ought to go to schools like Georgia, Alabama, and get them to pay US $1 mill for a one and done. I bet a handful of schools would do it.

I doubt the 'Bama' of today would want a tough out of conference game. Saban's not Bear Bryant.

T_O_B

Bama plays:

Wisconsin in 2016 for 1 game in TX

Southern California in 2016 for 1 game in TX

They played:

Clemson in 2008

Virginia Tech in 2009 and 2013

Penn State in 2010 and 2011

Michigan in 2012

They are playing the same number of P5 schools as Nebraska is.

I think we ought to go to schools like Georgia, Alabama, and get them to pay US $1 mill for a one and done. I bet a handful of schools would do it.

I doubt the 'Bama' of today would want a tough out of conference game. Saban's not Bear Bryant.

T_O_B

Bama plays:

They played:

Clemson in 2008

Michigan in 2012

True, but most of those are neutral site games. PSU in 2011 was their last, and I don't believe they have another P5 away on the schedule.

T_O_B

Bama plays:

They played:

Clemson in 2008

Michigan in 2012

True, but most of those are neutral site games. PSU in 2011 was their last, and I don't believe they have another P5 away on the schedule.

dvdccr said that we should do one and done's at Bama and collect the money.

TO Bull said that Bama doesn't want to play tougher teams.

I pointed out that Bama plays P5 teams.

I realize that they are not home and homes but that wasn't what dvdccr was suggesting anyway.

• Fire 2

T_O_B

Bama plays:

They played:

Clemson in 2008

Michigan in 2012

dvdccr said that we should do one and done's at Bama and collect the money.

TO Bull said that Bama doesn't want to play tougher teams.

I pointed out that Bama plays P5 teams.

I realize that they are not home and homes but that wasn't what dvdccr was suggesting anyway.

Ah, gotcha.

Tough opener for the new staff. This is one year I wouldn't have minded starting out with a cupcake game.

They kicked the living crap out of Texas the last two years.

Yeah but Texas was 6-7 last year and 8-5 the year before. So that really isn't saying much. BYU was 8-5 last year which their two biggest wins were Texas and Houston. The rest never made it past the 5-7 mark.

I also believe they lost their QB this year, so unless they will make remarkable strides in the off season, I am not all that scared of them being the 1st game. Hell, I would be more scared of Southern Miss.

Tough opener for the new staff. This is one year I wouldn't have minded starting out with a cupcake game.

They kicked the living crap out of Texas the last two years.

Yeah but Texas was 6-7 last year and 8-5 the year before. So that really isn't saying much. BYU was 8-5 last year which their two biggest wins were Texas and Houston. The rest never made it past the 5-7 mark.

I also believe they lost their QB this year, so unless they will make remarkable strides in the off season, I am not all that scared of them being the 1st game. Hell, I would be more scared of Southern Miss.

QB Taysom Hill is back next year. Their season went down the drain once he got hurt this year.

They'll probably be a top 40 type team next year. We didn't beat a top 40 team in 2014 and only beat 1 (Georgia) in 2013.

If we were going to BYU, then we would be getting paid. Since they are coming up, we pay.

I could have sworn that I read an article when Boise was wanting the million, that it stated that we only give a million to the lower programs and give around 500k to 700k to D1 schools.

right over the head.

Yeah its been a rough week at work and that is making real slow on my thinking process. Oh well, you got me.

at least you replied. Bunch of stuck up bitches around here lately.

Count, I know I haven't been posting much since the middle of the season but sure has nothing to do with being stuck up, just had nothing to add after the Wisconsin game. I have been reading but hard to come up with anything that would be reasonable to add.

I have a Q though, are we getting our full share of funds now from the B1G? Can't remember how long we had to wait until we are considered 100% vested?

I also have not heard anymore about BYU's QB and the penalty BYU is enforcing for the fighting in their bowl game? Is he suspended for the first game next season?

If we were going to BYU, then we would be getting paid. Since they are coming up, we pay.

I could have sworn that I read an article when Boise was wanting the million, that it stated that we only give a million to the lower programs and give around 500k to 700k to D1 schools.

right over the head.

Yeah its been a rough week at work and that is making real slow on my thinking process. Oh well, you got me.

at least you replied. Bunch of stuck up bitches around here lately.

Count, I know I haven't been posting much since the middle of the season but sure has nothing to do with being stuck up, just had nothing to add after the Wisconsin game. I have been reading but hard to come up with anything that would be reasonable to add.

I have a Q though, are we getting our full share of funds now from the B1G? Can't remember how long we had to wait until we are considered 100% vested?

I also have not heard anymore about BYU's QB and the penalty BYU is enforcing for the fighting in their bowl game? Is he suspended for the first game next season?

i was kiddin. I tried to crack a joke about payin cougars when usually its the cougar dishin out cash. No one bit except for well, you know.

As far as our full share of big ten dollars i dont think thats till 2017 or somethin like that.

Taysom Hill is a legit mobile QB Heisman candidate, whether or not he has a good supporting cast around him is suspect

The Boise State stuff was just nonsense. They posted up huge out-of-line offers for a WAC/MWC school, way north of 1 million and no 2 for 1's. They didn't have any intention of playing the games, it's easier to throw rocks from afar when you can whine that no one will play you and wipe the floor with squads the caliber of New Mexico State. Even during that run they had trouble selling out a stadium that seats 35 or 36K with a gimmick field.

Chris Petersen at Washington is experiencing the difficulties now when you actually have to play someone instead of ten tomato cans in a row.