Cougars getting 1 million bucks

If we were going to BYU, then we would be getting paid. Since they are coming up, we pay.

I could have sworn that I read an article when Boise was wanting the million, that it stated that we only give a million to the lower programs and give around 500k to 700k to D1 schools.

I think we ought to go to schools like Georgia, Alabama, and get them to pay US $1 mill for a one and done. I bet a handful of schools would do it.

We would be losing $1 - $2 million on the deal. NU makes $2 - $3 million per game in Lincoln, if I remember right.

85,000 tickets times $56 per ticket = approx. $4.76M just on ticket sales

I used 85,000 as an approximation as students are less, players get free tickets, etc. Not sure exactly how many tickets are actually sold.

I think we ought to go to schools like Georgia, Alabama, and get them to pay US $1 mill for a one and done. I bet a handful of schools would do it.

We would be losing $1 - $2 million on the deal. NU makes $2 - $3 million per game in Lincoln, if I remember right.

I used 85,000 as an approximation as students are less, players get free tickets, etc. Not sure exactly how many tickets are actually sold.

Those are good points, but if NU nets 2 mill then pays out to byu 1 you are down to one mill and a possible loss. Otoh go to bama earn a mill and win, that would be epic.

Those are good points, but if NU nets 2 mill then pays out to byu 1 you are down to one mill and a possible loss. Otoh go to bama earn a mill and win, that would be epic.

Except you are only talking gate revenue. You forget revenue from concessions/merchandise/advertising/parking etc etc.

Estimates the university has done state that each fan spends an average of $63 on gameday.. That along with all the other corporate/peripheral revenue means Nebraska brings in about $6.5M per home game... and even that may be slightly underestimated.

Furthermore, that is just the university revenue. It doesn't factor in the money those games feed into the Lincoln ecconomy. (Something I would probably guess without looking at data to be around $12M or so per home game on average.)

Nebraska ever agreeing to a road one and done against anyone would be laughably idiotic from a financial standpoint.

Heck under the current revenue model at NU, I wouldn't even do a neutral site game without a 50/50 gate and concessions split and a minimum $4M payout from broadcast/sponsorship rights.

If we were going to BYU, then we would be getting paid. Since they are coming up, we pay.

I could have sworn that I read an article when Boise was wanting the million, that it stated that we only give a million to the lower programs and give around 500k to 700k to D1 schools.

right over the head.

Yeah its been a rough week at work and that is making real slow on my thinking process. Oh well, you got me.

right over the head.

Yeah its been a rough week at work and that is making real slow on my thinking process. Oh well, you got me.

at least you replied. Bunch of stuck up bitches around here lately.