knapplc

I like the group.

Love

RB -- Reggie Davis

WR -- Keith Williams

OL -- Mike Cavanaugh

LB -- Trent Bray

DB -- Charlton Warren

All the support staff -- especially Ryan Gunderson and Andy Vaughn.

HC -- Mike Riley. Maybe most importantly.

Pressure's on

OC -- Danny Langsdorf

Playcalling, recruiting. Good resume, but much will be asked of him. Beck was solid and does leave some shoes to fill, especially in recruiting.

Question marks

DC -- Mark Banker

Biggest question marks by far. Let's see how he does with the defense, and with recruiting. And, hugely, if he doesn't cut it, would Riley be willing to make a change?

DL -- Hank Hughes

Banker believes in him and has DC experience. Recruiting?

ST -- Read

Has to show value in all phases of special teams play, not just kickers/punters (which I think is what he's known for). Is out on the trail recruiting but will he be an asset there? Still, you figure his job security is probably going to be very good.

not sure what this means (bold) but agree with the rest..

This staff is like the football equivalent of searching craigslist and putting in a $250 max filter hoping you find some steals that you get good use out of instead of paying full sticker price at a furniture store.

Are you saying this because it lacks the "star power" of an Ed Orgeron or Kevin Steele? To me, it looks like Riley is bringing in a mix of guys he is familiar with, along with other guys with strong experience/background. It's way too early to say if the staff is great, or it's going to be a bust.

This staff is like the football equivalent of searching craigslist and putting in a $250 max filter hoping you find some steals that you get good use out of instead of paying full sticker price at a furniture store.

Are you saying this because it lacks the "star power" of an Ed Orgeron or Kevin Steele? To me, it looks like Riley is bringing in a mix of guys he is familiar with, along with other guys with strong experience/background. It's way too early to say if the staff is great, or it's going to be a bust.

We've had coaches that bring in guys with experience and that they are familiar with before. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I'm not saying that as a critique - I'm the guy that shops craigslist for everything. It's just an observation.

Where exactly did we come up short ? You guys act like we penny pinched while looking for a coach. We went out and got the coach we wanted. It only took a few days.

it's because we're only paying Riley 2.7 mill, down roughly .6 mil from Bo's final salary. But poeple who bitch about that dont wanna point out the list of incentives, or the overall massive uprgrade in pay for the assistants. but they will. Once the first game rolls around and this staff clearly coaches circles around anything we've seen the past 11 years.

• Fire 1

Where exactly did we come up short ? You guys act like we penny pinched while looking for a coach. We went out and got the coach we wanted. It only took a few days.

it's because we're only paying Riley 2.7 mill, down roughly .6 mil from Bo's final salary. But poeple who bitch about that dont wanna point out the list of incentives, or the overall massive uprgrade in pay for the assistants. but they will. Once the first game rolls around and this staff clearly coaches circles around anything we've seen the past 11 years.

I just don't get the New Riley Haters. Guy has done an absolutely amazing job up to this point. He hired a staff that on paper is solid. Let him coach and after that bring your pitchforks. Hell most of us didn't start bitching about our last HC until he was 4-5 years deep as HC here. Support our current staff and let them show you what they have

• Fire 3

I just don't get the New Riley Haters. Guy has done an absolutely amazing job up to this point. He hired a staff that on paper is solid. Let him coach and after that bring your pitchforks. Hell most of us didn't start bitching about our last HC until he was 4-5 years deep as HC here. Support our current staff and let them show you what they have

Never underestimate the Husker fan base to self loath their own program or what is happening inside that program.

• Fire 1

Never underestimate the Husker fan base to self loath their own program or what is happening inside that program.

are you talking about 7 years in or 2 months? Im confused.

Guy has done an absolutely amazing job up to this point.

Well, true.....he reportedly did say aw shucks to the media with a big smile. Of course we'll see what Riley can do.....but it's rare for a program like Nebraska to hire a coach who had 3 losing seasons out of his last 5.

It's also rare for Nebraska to hire a HC. You were negative about Pelini and now negative about Riley. Life must be miserable

• Fire 3