ESPN Recruiting Nation Class Rankings

How much does Riley have to improve recruiting at Nebraska for NU to compete and defeat Ohio state? Does Nebraska need top ten classes or is Riley a better coach than Meyer that he can achieve the same success with lower rated classes. I know people here don't think stars and class rankings matter but it has to when you look at where teams that win national titles are ranked in recruiting. Perhaps some smarter than me could help me out.

Consistent top 20 classes with a borderline top 10 class every 3-4 years will put you inline to compete with tOSU talent wise. I have faith in Rileys ability to in game manage and plan as anyone in the college game.

We got coaches that find talent, coach it up, and put their players in a position to succeed now.

With Riley's record, especially over the past 5 seasons, I don't understand statements like this.
What is he and his staffs record with finding talent, coaching it up, and building successful players? I've heard a lot of really good things about their evaluating skills, their coaching skills, and the systems they run. So I guess you'll have to educate me on our evidence to the contrary.

Riley has a history of doing more with less.

You also realize that Riley isn't the only coach. He has a staff full of coaches with years and years of experience. You acknowledge that these guys haven't been coaching football for this long all because they're young and good looking?

I expect an answer to my question please. I'd like to try to understand your view of it.

How much does Riley have to improve recruiting at Nebraska for NU to compete and defeat Ohio state? Does Nebraska need top ten classes or is Riley a better coach than Meyer that he can achieve the same success with lower rated classes. I know people here don't think stars and class rankings matter but it has to when you look at where teams that win national titles are ranked in recruiting. Perhaps some smarter than me could help me out.

Overall, some, but not a ton. Except for the QB position.... I follow recruiting pretty closely, but I think people exaggerate the difference between the #25 class, and the #8 class for example. There are a lot of variables in play, and it's hard to seperate the classes from a pure talent standpoint. Especially when you get into projecting that talent.

What is he and his staffs record with finding talent, coaching it up, and building successful players?

Here's exactly what that record is his past 5 seasons....5-7, 3-9, 9-4, 7-6, 5-7. I'm sometimes simply baffled that 3 losing seasons out of the past 5, including a THREE win season can even get past the initial resume screening at a place like Nebraska.

Overall, some, but not a ton. Except for the QB position.... I follow recruiting pretty closely, but I think people exaggerate the difference between the #25 class, and the #8 class for example. There are a lot of variables in play, and it's hard to seperate the classes from a pure talent standpoint. Especially when you get into projecting that talent.

Our offensive line better improve BIG TIME before we step onto the field with those guys. The rest is really hard to say.

Our offensive line better improve BIG TIME before we step onto the field with those guys. The rest is really hard to say.

Absolutely.... Win in the trenches, as they say.

We got coaches that find talent, coach it up, and put their players in a position to succeed now.

With Riley's record, especially over the past 5 seasons, I don't understand statements like this.
What is he and his staffs record with finding talent, coaching it up, and building successful players? I've heard a lot of really good things about their evaluating skills, their coaching skills, and the systems they run. So I guess you'll have to educate me on our evidence to the contrary.

Riley has a history of doing more with less.

You also realize that Riley isn't the only coach. He has a staff full of coaches with years and years of experience. You acknowledge that these guys haven't been coaching football for this long all because they're young and good looking?

I expect an answer to my question please. I'd like to try to understand your view of it.

What is he and his staffs record with finding talent, coaching it up, and building successful players?

Here's exactly what that record is his past 5 seasons....5-7, 3-9, 9-4, 7-6, 5-7. I'm sometimes simply baffled that 3 losing seasons out of the past 5, including a THREE win season can even get past the initial resume screening at a place like Nebraska.

Oh...it's another one of these deals where you quote me and we're not even talking about the same thing.

Okay.

Well, the questions I asked you remain unanswered, feel free at any time.

I would prefer to have the best OL in the country than the best QB and the best RB. Hopefully the new strength and conditioning team can make some improvements.

I would prefer to have the best OL in the country than the best QB and the best RB. Hopefully the new strength and conditioning team can make some improvements.

I agree, but mediocre QB play has killed this program for quite some time.... That position needs addressed.

I agree, but mediocre QB play has killed this program for quite some time.... That position needs addressed.

Each affects the other really....but offensive line play drastically affects the QB position. Still I agree, neither has been very good in a long, long time here at Nebraska.

@oregon state