GT: Nebraska at Purdue - 4:15PM - BTN

They are hanging around just enough...

Don't feel like going back through reading your comments, but do you really not think Miles will get bit done here in the long haul?

I guess it depends on what you think is "getting it done", what do you mean by that?

Coming out with twenty wins on a consistent basis. And looking competitive in our losses.

No..he can't get that done...not consistent 20 win seasons. That is asking a lot and probably asking for close to 10 Big Ten wins a year.

I think he can have them as a consistent 16-18 win team...

I also think that the current recruiting class he has coming in will be the best one that he ever signs at NU...which is not a bad thing...they will probably end up ranked in the top 45 or so, when the late commits for other schools all sign.

That is just my opinion and I am wrong all the time. I just think that he is going up against a lot of coaches that have similar coaching ability to him (or way better) that also have better recruited classes.

The big difference is that these coaches have players and Miles had to go to transfers & JUCO to compete right away. Miles has shown that he can recruit good HS players, but can he get a good big man.

Like I said...it is just my opinion.

The big difference is that these coaches have players and Miles had to go to transfers & JUCO to compete right away. Miles has shown that he can recruit good HS players, but can he get a good big man.

I'm not as sure on this. Tarin Smith looks to be a solid contributor, but that's all Miles has "shown" so far. The incoming class looks good but let's make sure they turn out before we get too far down this road. Hammond, Webster, Fuller and Hawkins haven't turned out much.

Is it true that Tim Miles won B1G coach of year and National coach of year last season? Talk about average

I thought Gregg Marshall won National Coach of the year? I could be wrong.

And lets face it...if there was "Bad Big Ten Coach Of The Year" you could make an argument that Miles would win that this season.

My thing is this team is one of the laziest/not intelligent teams NU has put out in a while. The turnovers that are very mind boggling, ill timed, lazy and very junior highish happen every game. The rebounding had been an issue forever around these parts, but even the poorest rebounding and smallest squads attempted to box people out. The play of Petteway around the eight minute to go mark in the second half is a microcosm of his play. Yes he'll give you 20 points, but is usually directly responsible for giving up 15 or so. Walt needs to quit pick and popping and try rolling more than once a game. Bennie is a role player and needs to do that from the bench. And live and learn with Fuller, he can't hurt the team more than guys playing now.

End rant. For now

It sure seems as though there may be more going on than petteway's mom (not trying to be insensitive), but there is absolutely zero communication. I need to start counting how many times if the shooter would follow his shot he would get the ball back, if he catches it lol. Sad to admit but I have a hard time watching the whole game. So frustrating. Next year will be better.

I hope his mom is ok. But it's a horrible excuse. C'mon. If its bothering you this bad and effecting the team. He needs to quit playing then. Don't use your mom has an scapegoat.

Really, please look at the whole team instead of attaching Petteway every game!

I have. Pitchford spends about 2 mins a game "near" the paint, rest of the game he spends it somewhere between Lincoln and Omaha.

Webster looks like he only cares about doing good or winning, when he feels like it.

Our bigs couldn't jump over an ant for a rebound.

With all that being said, I blame TP for most of the issues. His shot selection at times is atroucious, which leads to turnivers and more stress on the D. if he makes two shots to start the game he will go Kobesque and start jacking shots. He can commit some of the dumbest fouls I've seen in a loooooong time. If not for miles benching him he could litterly foul out in the first half. Last year he played within his own game. This year I Ono what he's doing at times.

I'm not as sure on this. Tarin Smith looks to be a solid contributor, but that's all Miles has "shown" so far. The incoming class looks good but let's make sure they turn out before we get too far down this road. Hammond, Webster, Fuller and Hawkins haven't turned out much.

Recruit is what I was saying, the players you mentioned are 3 star recruits. Watson, Morrow & White are all 4 star recruits. He is starting to get better talent to Nebraska.

It sure seems as though there may be more going on than petteway's mom (not trying to be insensitive), but there is absolutely zero communication. I need to start counting how many times if the shooter would follow his shot he would get the ball back, if he catches it lol. Sad to admit but I have a hard time watching the whole game. So frustrating. Next year will be better.

I hope his mom is ok. But it's a horrible excuse. C'mon. If its bothering you this bad and effecting the team. He needs to quit playing then. Don't use your mom has an scapegoat.

I have. Pitchford spends about 2 mins a game "near" the paint, rest of the game he spends it somewhere between Lincoln and Omaha.

Webster looks like he only cares about doing good or winning, when he feels like it.

With all that being said, I blame TP for most of the issues. His shot selection at times is atroucious, which leads to turnivers and more stress on the D. if he makes two shots to start the game he will go Kobesque and start jacking shots. He can commit some of the dumbest fouls I've seen in a loooooong time. If not for miles benching him he could litterly foul out in the first half. Last year he played within his own game. This year I Ono what he's doing at times.

Last year, we surprised teams and Pitchford was playing better. He is now the main focus of every defense. I am sure it is frustrating watching Benny & Webster throw up bricks on wide open shots. I do not blame him, as we would be lucky to score 30 a game without him.

Last year, we surprised teams and Pitchford was playing better. He is now the main focus of every defense. I am sure it is frustrating watching Benny & Webster throw up bricks on wide open shots. I do not blame him, as we would be lucky to score 30 a game without him.

See and that is coaching!

3rd season in the conference...other coaches have your stuff figured out.

Yes, but he had to use players that were already here. Give him a chance to move in his recruits and I do not mean as Fresh & Soph. We are not Kentucky, so we are not going to get all 5 star recruits.

I am fine with giving him time...it sounds like you are saying year 6 would be "his year"

A guy posted on another board that AD Sean wanted to give him a new contract after last season but Miles said he would wait...assuming that this year they would be really good and he would have even more leverage...interesting if true.

And the guys missing shots that lack B1G talent is recruiting, Miles has done more than any of us expected up to this point