GT: Nebraska at Purdue - 4:15PM - BTN

The point is, you don't really have anything to back up your arguments. You claim that Miles has "shown" that he can recruit high school players but dismiss them when it is pointed out that none of the guys he's gotten so far are apparently able to beat out any of the apparently terrible players that he is stuck working with who were here when Miles got here. It can't be both ways.

Not what I said. I said that the players he has recruited are better per the recruiting outlets than the ones that he inherited. I know it means nothing until they hit the court, but in my opinion Miles is getting better talent to play for the Huskers than Doc. I am also very impressed with what he did in a short period of time with what he had.

And I said perhaps we should wait until this supposed new talent is actually contributing before we pronounce it a done deal.

The point is, you don't really have anything to back up your arguments. You claim that Miles has "shown" that he can recruit high school players but dismiss them when it is pointed out that none of the guys he's gotten so far are apparently able to beat out any of the apparently terrible players that he is stuck working with who were here when Miles got here. It can't be both ways.

Not what I said. I said that the players he has recruited are better per the recruiting outlets than the ones that he inherited. I know it means nothing until they hit the court, but in my opinion Miles is getting better talent to play for the Huskers than Doc. I am also very impressed with what he did in a short period of time with what he had.

Be 100% honest, say last year they don't beat Wisconsin but they finish with basically the same record...now this year they are going to finish under 500...

Would you still be impressed? Because you might be basing that impression off of a win at home over Wisconsin last year that probably got them in.

Be 100% honest, say last year they don't beat Wisconsin but they finish with basically the same record...now this year they are going to finish under 500...

Would you still be impressed? Because you might be basing that impression off of a win at home over Wisconsin last year that probably got them in.

Yes & I would have been happy with a NIT bid. I still want to go the DANCE every year and compete for the league championship once in awhile. I think this can me done under Miles. I liked Doc. but he could not get good recruits to even step in the door. I can not help it that I see improvement under Miles from a down year.

Yes & I would have been happy with a NIT bid. I still want to go the DANCE every year and compete for the league championship once in awhile. I think this can me done under Miles. I liked Doc. but he could not get good recruits to even step in the door. I can not help it that I see improvement under Miles from a down year.

Fair enough!

I am fine with giving him time...it sounds like you are saying year 6 would be "his year"

A guy posted on another board that AD Sean wanted to give him a new contract after last season but Miles said he would wait...assuming that this year they would be really good and he would have even more leverage...interesting if true.

richard pitino may be available---if not before then. :snacks: heard a guy from minnesota radio sports being interviewed today and he stated his sources tell him that pitino does not like it over at the "u" and really hates the weather. he expects pitino to consider openings that may come up.
You aren't seriously thinking that Miles needs to be replaced already..?? !!

AND..........by lil' Pitino......??

Wow...........what "Great Fans" we have..........

Dude.....it's two people.

One of them has three posts here, the other is teachercd......enough said.

Calm down.

Nebraska still has "great fans".

Anybody talking about firing Miles is an idiot and hardly represents the feelings of the fan base.

You're missing the intended sarcasm....(do we ALWAYS need to pop the sarcasm icon.....just to be sure? How many references on HB have there been over the years about whether or not we have "Great Fans"....??

I was just cajoling one such fan in jest.

Seriously, I doubt many are ready to jettison Miles after this disappointing season.....even though most of us are a bit frustrated .....

I am fine with giving him time...it sounds like you are saying year 6 would be "his year"

A guy posted on another board that AD Sean wanted to give him a new contract after last season but Miles said he would wait...assuming that this year they would be really good and he would have even more leverage...interesting if true.

richard pitino may be available---if not before then. :snacks: heard a guy from minnesota radio sports being interviewed today and he stated his sources tell him that pitino does not like it over at the "u" and really hates the weather. he expects pitino to consider openings that may come up.

Calm down.

Anybody talking about firing Miles is an idiot and hardly represents the feelings of the fan base.

You're missing the intended sarcasm....(do we ALWAYS need to pop the sarcasm icon.....just to be sure? How many references on HB have there been over the years about whether or not we have "Great Fans"....??

Seriously, I doubt many are ready to jettison Miles after this disappointing season.....even though most of us are a bit frustrated .....

My apologies, I thought you were serious. I'm not really familiar with you.

Calm down.

My apologies, I thought you were serious. I'm not really familiar with you.

No sweat and no apologies needed.

In retrospect, I could have been more clear.

No harm, no foul.

Miles is a better recruiter/coach than doc hands down. I really don't think I would have been able to watch one more season under doc. May have been a nice guy but he sucked as a coach and recruiter. But, he had ancient facilities and a lot more going against him. His offense would have been really hard to recruit to also, although Miles is kinda doing the same crap this year. I would rather see miles take more chances with players on the bench then do the safe crap he has this year. Use all of what you have available and if you lose then you lose but then there's not as many questions on why he didn't try this or that. I am pretty sure that Miles had said before the season that we were over ranked and basically said that this year could be ugly.

And, as far as the dance. Well you obviously take anytime time no question, but I think we would have been better off in the NIT last year.

Miles is a better recruiter/coach than doc hands down. I really don't think I would have been able to watch one more season under doc. May have been a nice guy but he sucked as a coach and recruiter. But, he had ancient facilities and a lot more going against him. His offense would have been really hard to recruit to also, although Miles is kinda doing the same crap this year. I would rather see miles take more chances with players on the bench then do the safe crap he has this year. Use all of what you have available and if you lose then you lose but then there's not as many questions on why he didn't try this or that. I am pretty sure that Miles had said before the season that we were over ranked and basically said that this year could be ugly.

And, as far as the dance. Well you obviously take anytime time no question, but I think we would have been better off in the NIT last year.

I agree Miles>Doc in every aspect

But we made the tourney and we deserved to make it so making the NIT doesn't change anything from this year, also we had a chance to get the schools first tournament win ever. I think making the tourney last year gave us a chance to win but every year is different, we will see how good we are with a stacked team next year and not two go to scorers.

Minnesota won the NIT and it's hard to say if the carryover was any more significant then us just playing in the Dance.

I think the NIT nationally is so ignored that (except for the extra games/ experience) there is little overt value in playing.

However, having said that, I'd be glad IF we could make the NIT at this point, because I predicted about 2 weeks ago that we may not win one more game.

Love to be wrong and we have a couple of shots at home, but I wouldn't bet a nickel on it.

Minnesota won the NIT and it's hard to say if the carryover was any more significant then us just playing in the Dance.

I think the NIT nationally is so ignored that (except for the extra games/ experience) there is little overt value in playing.

However, having said that, I'd be glad IF we could make the NIT at this point, because I predicted about 2 weeks ago that we may not win one more game.

Love to be wrong and we have a couple of shots at home, but I wouldn't bet a nickel on it.

Yeah, it sure doesn't look as though you'll be wrong. Right now they are just grasping at straws. Quicksand...(right?) The harder you try the further down you slide. Mentally they are just not there.