I must have a different definition of " cougar hunting " then some of you guys.

When they're done cougar hunting, they won't have to worry about whether they've caught some horrible disease.
I got a disease from your mom last night.

Oh snap!

Well, considering my mom has been dead and buried for two years now, in sure that exhuming and fornicating with her dessicated corpse would lead to you catching some kind of horrible disease...

Why did you respond to this?

Riley speaks of the BYU Defense:

“Brigham Young is a diverse defense. I think they blitz from the bleachers, so you’ve got to be sound in how you look at them … and how you develop your running game and how you’re going to block it. You have to not be overburdened with too much stuff, but you have to have enough that challenges the defense. "

Deseret News

Hope our Frankenoffense is up to the task.

Ingot is Ivory... IVORY IS INGOT!!!

Cross-reference their posting ID with the route marker from the node. Contrast that with the baseline parameters from the three posts before and after each guy's most recent post, then apply a Molieri co-efficient off the HuskerBoard protocol database from the most recent server image.

That's the easiest way I found to discover sockpuppets.

• Fire 1

I quite disagree on your assessments of talent levels....

I went over BYU's 22 deep. Please understand. If you think BYU's players are at or below average then you have been fooling yourselves. That program is defiantly about average in the running back spots after loosing a 3000 yard back to red shirt, but the O Line is healthy, large and physically impressive. They did not dominate Texas' #3, #5, #15 #10 and #21 recruiting classes because they can't play.

RECEIVER GROUP

All run 4.5 or better. FYI 40 x's are often misunderstood. Little 4.3 guys in pads are usually slower than big 4.5 guys in pads. Long legged guys take fewer strides to cover more ground. BYU' main outside X and Z group go 200-215 lbs and stand 6-6-1/2, 6'-5-1/2, 6'5, 6'4, 6'3, 6'2 and 6'-1. The hybrid H/Y receivers go from small 5'9 4.4 guys to true Y slots who are 6'5 and 6'4 respectively. The 3rd string Y is 6'1 and a 4.39 guy. BYU has the tallest and one of thd fastest receiver groups in the country. You are kidding yourself if you think these are really just 2 star kids. I spent some time braking them down on film. Fast, tall, great hands. They are at receiver group 3 deep in 4 positions what USC wishes it was.

Linebackers... They were young, did not play well as a unit last year. Too much free lancing, not enough duscipline. But talent was not an issue. The add several newbies this year including a walk on that turned down full rides at Purdue, Houston, aTm and most Texas programs. He has already made the 2 dep as a freshman, runs a 4.5 40, is 6'4-1/2, 227 and tackles like a freight train. He will play behind a 4.55 guy. The first 4 MLB'S are 4.6 or faster, 6'1, 6'-3, 240-245 types, much more disciplined this year. The other to OLB on the Weak side are 6'4-225, Kyle Van Noy type and 6'4-246 (both NFL 4.5 40 types). These guys would play in the B1G, PAC or SEC.

I am not going through every position group. We know Nebraska has quality players in most positions as well. I just think a lot of Nebraska fans are making the mistake if thinking BYU is a little better than Wyoming or Northern Illinois. That is not the case.

They are smart as well. Their SINE is nasty. Two of last year's starters are 2nd string this year they have developed so much more depth. 5 of their first seven defensive lineman are Polynesians...hard nosed dudes.

Again, I predict Nebraska wins. Been saying that all along. But the opponent here is better than most of the rest o DC the teams on Nebraska's schedule, especially on offense. Lincoln is a big benefit. But BYU has won some big games on the road as well. Just say'n.

I've spent 33 season as a FB writer. They are a big time program, not Iowa State or Southern Miss. The star ranking are poof and made for fan fodder and advertising sales. It's not that meaningful in terms of why teams really win. But skating that mythological dragon is impossible. Fans will believe the absolute crap fans want to believe.

We're all quite high on our own programs, especially the closer we follow them.

I do think we take BYU rather seriously on the whole. However, realize that Husker fans largely don't care that we're going from one coaching to an era and this is game one. We expect to stomp people by sheer roster talent alone, and if you disagree about that, well, we can name the names and look up the stars and practice reports.

On the other hand.....we'll see how it shakes out on the field ;)

Heh heh, which means there is a really good shot the guy isn't a BYU fan, but will say lots of really stupid stuff.

I noticed Torpedo showed up when AggyAndee went away. Any match with AggyAndee by chance? There were a few that made me wonder like the post that sounded happy Bradford got hurt.

I went over BYU's 22 deep. Please understand. If you think BYU's players are at or below average then you have been fooling yourselves. That program is defiantly about average in the running back spots after loosing a 3000 yard back to red shirt, but the O Line is healthy, large and physically impressive. They did not dominate Texas' #3, #5, #15 #10 and #21 recruiting classes because they can't play.

RECEIVER GROUP

All run 4.5 or better. FYI 40 x's are often misunderstood. Little 4.3 guys in pads are usually slower than big 4.5 guys in pads. Long legged guys take fewer strides to cover more ground. BYU' main outside X and Z group go 200-215 lbs and stand 6-6-1/2, 6'-5-1/2, 6'5, 6'4, 6'3, 6'2 and 6'-1. The hybrid H/Y receivers go from small 5'9 4.4 guys to true Y slots who are 6'5 and 6'4 respectively. The 3rd string Y is 6'1 and a 4.39 guy. BYU has the tallest and one of thd fastest receiver groups in the country. You are kidding yourself if you think these are really just 2 star kids. I spent some time braking them down on film. Fast, tall, great hands. They are at receiver group 3 deep in 4 positions what USC wishes it was.

Linebackers... They were young, did not play well as a unit last year. Too much free lancing, not enough duscipline. But talent was not an issue. The add several newbies this year including a walk on that turned down full rides at Purdue, Houston, aTm and most Texas programs. He has already made the 2 dep as a freshman, runs a 4.5 40, is 6'4-1/2, 227 and tackles like a freight train. He will play behind a 4.55 guy. The first 4 MLB'S are 4.6 or faster, 6'1, 6'-3, 240-245 types, much more disciplined this year. The other to OLB on the Weak side are 6'4-225, Kyle Van Noy type and 6'4-246 (both NFL 4.5 40 types). These guys would play in the B1G, PAC or SEC.

I am not going through every position group. We know Nebraska has quality players in most positions as well. I just think a lot of Nebraska fans are making the mistake if thinking BYU is a little better than Wyoming or Northern Illinois. That is not the case.

They are smart as well. Their SINE is nasty. Two of last year's starters are 2nd string this year they have developed so much more depth. 5 of their first seven defensive lineman are Polynesians...hard nosed dudes.

Again, I predict Nebraska wins. Been saying that all along. But the opponent here is better than most of the rest o DC the teams on Nebraska's schedule, especially on offense. Lincoln is a big benefit. But BYU has won some big games on the road as well. Just say'n.

I've spent 33 season as a FB writer. They are a big time program, not Iowa State or Southern Miss. The star ranking are poof and made for fan fodder and advertising sales. It's not that meaningful in terms of why teams really win. But skating that mythological dragon is impossible. Fans will believe the absolute crap fans want to believe.

So why weren't they in the playoffs? Only because Hill got hurt?

Heh heh, which means there is a really good shot the guy isn't a BYU fan, but will say lots of really stupid stuff.

I noticed Torpedo showed up when AggyAndee went away. Any match with AggyAndee by chance? There were a few that made me wonder like the post that sounded happy Bradford got hurt.

I guess subtle sarcasm is wasted on the corn fed. The lack of national accomplishments is a sore spot for BYU fans. I was not happy Bradford was hurt (though I was happy we ended up beating #3 Oklahoma that game). I was pointing out that I recognize BYU's national impact since 1984 has been largely collateral, such as how the loss of Bradford affected the Big 12 that year.

I guess I should just stick with crack whore jokes.

RECEIVER GROUP

The defense was horrible last year. The back up QB could move the chains and put points on the board, but it did not matter. Every QB BYU faced had a career day.

Bronco seems to pick lots of horrible DCs, but when he takes back over there is normally a big improvement right away. BYU fans are hoping that trend continues and our AD takes a more active roll next time Bronco want's to get a new DC.

I think most posters here are on the same page about what to expect for the game. I don't think the OP is trying to say BYU should be expected to rule the CFB world. He is just pointing out they have some talent. Some of the posters here seem to expect a Sunbelt team with an athletic QB. But like I said, I think most posters here, (both BYU and Nebraska fans) seem to be on the same page.

_____

Why was Armstrong's completion % low last year? I did not catch any Nebraska games last year. Plenty of highlights look like the guy can really throw the deep ball and has a strong arm, but the intermediate passes seem to go all over the place. Is that fair to say? How is he looking in camp?

His running ability is really scary to watch. If he gets going with the passing game too, he will be a nightmare to defend.

RECEIVER GROUP

In large part, but there were problems with defensive coaching and other key injuries that killed the season.

In response to these issues, Bronco took back DC duties, and BYU hired a new strength and conditioning coach who has made huge changes to the program.

The team is healthy and mostly injury-free heading into the season, unlike recent past seasons.