Osborne Talks Husker Expectations

Well I think its very obvious what TO is talking about. He thinks its unreasonable to fire coaches so quickly. He talks about his 21 years of coaching before he won the big one. I think TO also understands how much the world of college football has changed since he left the coaching ranks. He understands how money has taken over CFB like most things in the world.

gawd, can you imagine 21 years of Bo?????!!!!!!!!!!

Given that this has become a wedge issue between teams, coaches and fans, I think this is a good place to stand up for the fans.

We were smart enough to recognize the effort and the excitement that went into the 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons.

And were were smart enough to recognize that not all 9 - 4 seasons are created equal. Big difference between heartbreaking losses and total embarrassments.

2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 confirmed the trend. Nebraska and Minnesota were now college football peers.

I don't hear anyone starting the season with national championship talk anymore. We're measuring ourselves within our division, within our conference.

I think our expectations are reasonable.

And as Osborne might be alluding to -- I'm not sure -- you probably don't want a fanbase that expects less.

You've really been on point with some of your points lately.

^ This.

+1

To me winning 9 games a year under Osborne felt a hell of a lot better than winning 9 games a year under Bo.

At least I could root for TO, and I never felt like Osborne got out coached.

I felt bad for TO after a loss, in a way I never felt bad for Bo.

But even a die-hard Nebraska fan has to admit that Barry Switzer had Dr. Tom's number.

Given that this has become a wedge issue between teams, coaches and fans, I think this is a good place to stand up for the fans.

We were smart enough to recognize the effort and the excitement that went into the 2008, 2009 and 2010 seasons.

And were were smart enough to recognize that not all 9 - 4 seasons are created equal. Big difference between heartbreaking losses and total embarrassments.

2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 confirmed the trend. Nebraska and Minnesota were now college football peers.

I don't hear anyone starting the season with national championship talk anymore. We're measuring ourselves within our division, within our conference.

And as Osborne might be alluding to -- I'm not sure -- you probably don't want a fanbase that expects less.

^ This.

+1

You know if you say +1, you should GIVE THE GUY A +1!!!!!!!!

To me winning 9 games a year under Osborne felt a hell of a lot better than winning 9 games a year under Bo.

At least I could root for TO, and I never felt like Osborne got out coached.

i don't think he ever had a team allow 70 points against us either......that f'ing pissed me off and soured me forever on Bo........

What soured you more? The fact that it was 70? Or the fact that it could of easily been like 120?

I wish he'd stfu. He is as annoying as some of the fans that think 9 wins, while getting your doors blown off twice per year and winning no games of importance, is something special.

TVYQFIFAGKNFYEK.20130809212942.jpg

Well don't you feel special....trimming and editing what I said perfectly to get the maximum effect. Good job. You sure wouldn't want any of the numerous good things I've said about Tom in there. Especially the parts where I've admitted I'm probably a bigger Osborne fan than I am a Husker fan. Keep doing what you do brother.

truthfully, Tom has run his course here for relevancy......he was behind Bo, even though Bo was an a-hole........and he still thought he should be retained even longer to reach some goals....

This time, Tom was flat out wrong......Bo and his merry band of inexperienced, misfit coaches were losers.......in many ways......we just don't need the Oz narrative, time to move on.

^ This.

+1

You know if you say +1, you should GIVE THE GUY A +1!!!!!!!!

No kidding! But the admins don't allow self-love around here!

I'm a huge Osborne fan (or was) but every time he opens his yapper about Pelini and expectations. I wish he'd stfu. He is as annoying as some of the fans that think 9 wins, while getting your doors blown off twice per year and winning no games of importance, is something special. Never thought I would get to this point but Tom needs to ride off into the sunset and quit throwing in his 2 cents. Pelini was never going to morph into TO #2, the glory years were not on the horizon as they always seemed to be when Tom was on the sideline.

Agree. Much as there was to like about the Bo Regime, there were fundamental problems that didn't seem about to be fixed anytime soon. Schemes were broken, the relationship with the fans was broken... so many things needed to be fixed. In hindsight the hill was too steep for Bo to climb, being a first-time head coach. Maybe if he'd have had the experience at another school before he came here, made those mistakes there and knew how to fix them, it would have been better. But the die appeared cast here with Bo, and it was clear that it was time to move on. Should have done it a year earlier, honestly.

And Dr. Tom's hand in all of the Bo drama probably wasn't as helpful as we'd like from a Husker Legend. Both in hiring Bo and managing his departure.

Disagree. I do not care about Bo, TO on the other hand should be treated with more respect. The man knows more about football and NU then anyone living. The man is an asset the fact that he is willing to donate his time and effort to still help NU, we should be thanking him for his input rather we agree with it or not. You should listen to TO, his opinion is based upon more information, like Louis CK says even if he is wrong his wrongness is based upon more information. Expected better from the best fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ABg0Vnpo50

Tom has earned the right to say whatever and whenever he wants about Husker football. I was wrong to say that he should stfu. He will forever and always be more qualified than me, or anyone on this board, to say anything about Nebraska football. But, having said that, that does not make every thing he says gospel or necessarily correct. It is obvious he has been, and continues to be, on the wrong side of the Bo issue. I'm sure he does feel some kinship between the 2 of them and fans who always want more. But that is where the similarities stop between those 2 coaches. Bo was not on the verge of any great breakthrough. Tom always was. Bo was never going to endear himself to the majority of NU fans. Tom would have to kick puppies and murder handicapped children to even get a few Husker fans against him. Tom may think there are similarities between him and Bo........there aren't and weren't.

• Fire 1