Houston College Classic - #14 Texas A&M, Hawai'i, #7 LSU

not really happy with this weekend. i know the two losses were close to really good teams, but nebraska wasted chances (bases loaded double plays, pick offs, getting double-uped) and couldn't break through. they'll have a decent conference record and might make a regional as a two or third seed, but i was hopeful for more with the pitching we have this year.

not really happy with this weekend. i know the two losses were close to really good teams, but nebraska wasted chances (bases loaded double plays, pick offs, getting double-uped) and couldn't break through. they'll have a decent conference record and might make a regional as a two or third seed, but i was hopeful for more with the pitching we have this year.

Yea, you can't blame these losses on the pitching. Nebraska has had horrible base-running mistakes. Can't get picked off and make errors. Yes the competition was top notch, but I felt we could have won both games.

Darby takes second on catcher indifference.

Perhaps some of out base running foibles can be traced to fundamentals indifference.............

It has to be on the players right? Or can some be attributed to first base coach?

Ah, that's the inevitable question (and it transcends ALL sports).

Are coaches not teaching fundamentals? Or are players not EXECUTING ?

For fans, it's hard to know without a substantial data base.........but SOMEBODY is remiss......