California Keyshawn 11 are coming to Lincoln soon

Facilities are rarely ever the main reason a kid picks a school. It's a small portion of the overall choice.

Consciously, that's what they would tell you. But, facilities make a huge difference in the perception of the program so sub-consciously it makes a big difference.

Programs like Oregon, Nebraska, Texas, aTm, Alabama...etc wouldn't be spending millions of dollars on fancy locker rooms and player lounges and fancy buildings if it didn't make a difference in recruiting. Those things don't make a football one bit better on the field.

Sometimes it is just about getting them in the door.

A nice day, all the trophies, never know what kind of lasting impression that can leave.

These kids saw Texas, OK, Tex AM and Nebraska. I bet Nebraska had the best facilities... so right there you can possibly get a leg up and hopefully leave these kids with a smile.

It is all about creating that little bug... and that is a start.

Maybe, but according to BleacherReport from 2013, Nebraska has the 7th best football facilities. Texas is #3; Oklahoma is #9; and Texas A&M is #20. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1710759-power-ranking-the-25-most-impressive-facilities-in-college-football

I will agree with you that it is an advantage to get them on campus. Regardless of if they commit or not, it could help as they go to camps and talk about where they visited to other recruits.

Not sure if serious...not that I think ours are easily the best. But using a two year old bleacherreport article as your source..

Okay, well here is a 2014 BR listing the top 11 NCAA football facilities with both Nebraska and Texas on it. I assume they would still have Oklahoma around the Top 15 and Texas A&M in the Top 20-25. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2114695-11-college-football-teams-with-most-appealing-facilities

BTW, what was your source for saying, "I bet Nebraska had the best facilities"? Are we arguing a two-year old BR article vs your personal option? If so, personally, I think Nebraska has the best facilities compared to OU, A&M, and Texas and probably has one of the Top 5 facilities in the country. However, I have not visited every FBS facility, so I am trying to rely on a national media source like BR.

Sounds like Riley gave a speech to all of them about picking the school that's right for them, and where they will be happy for all four years; because at he end of the day, the recruits are going to be the ones that will be going to class and putting in the work. He also said that if Nebraska is the best school for them, but if they don't think it will make them a better person, there may be a better school for them then. That resonated pretty loudly with some of them.

• Fire 2

A nice day, all the trophies, never know what kind of lasting impression that can leave.

These kids saw Texas, OK, Tex AM and Nebraska. I bet Nebraska had the best facilities... so right there you can possibly get a leg up and hopefully leave these kids with a smile.

Maybe, but according to BleacherReport from 2013, Nebraska has the 7th best football facilities. Texas is #3; Oklahoma is #9; and Texas A&M is #20. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1710759-power-ranking-the-25-most-impressive-facilities-in-college-football

I will agree with you that it is an advantage to get them on campus. Regardless of if they commit or not, it could help as they go to camps and talk about where they visited to other recruits.

Not sure if serious...not that I think ours are easily the best. But using a two year old bleacherreport article as your source..

Okay, well here is a 2014 BR listing the top 11 NCAA football facilities with both Nebraska and Texas on it. I assume they would still have Oklahoma around the Top 15 and Texas A&M in the Top 20-25. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2114695-11-college-football-teams-with-most-appealing-facilities

BTW, what was your source for saying, "I bet Nebraska had the best facilities"? Are we arguing a two-year old BR article vs your personal option? If so, personally, I think Nebraska has the best facilities compared to OU, A&M, and Texas and probably has one of the Top 5 facilities in the country. However, I have not visited every FBS facility, so I am trying to rely on a national media source like BR.

Not sure how it can be "my personal opinion" when I wasn't the poster that said it.

EDIT: However this is an argument that really doesn't matter. These kids seem to have a good support system and head on their shoulders. Hopefully we are able to get some back for a return visit. GBR.

This is from someone who has just recently seen all of them:

“Definitely among the best facilities,” he said. “It’s just amazing how the facilities get better-and-better each year. I didn’t know Nebraska started the weight room stuff. They created the waterfall, having NFL players up in the lobby and they just created all this stuff. Now all these other prestigious universities are copying them. But each time they find something new to add to it, but I don’t feel like they have to, because it’s already the best."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...