Running Backs - What Will We Learn This Spring

We will learn there are several big time studs in our backfield, each with different skill strengths, and that they will be used situationally based on the coaching evaluation of the opponents weaknesses.

Exactly.

Four guys, pretty much all different styles. Gonna be interesting to see how the staff chooses to utilize them.

Hell, why not Cross at FB in certain situations? I could see Cross taking a FB dive to the HOUSE!

I like Wilbon. He's short but he's built like a truck. He looks the part already. I think smaller backs make it difficult for defenses to spot or pickup initially.

3472950.JPG

I've always liked Husker RBs that wore #21. Damon Benning, Derek Brown, Roger Craig....

• Fire 2

We will learn there are several big time studs in our backfield, each with different skill strengths, and that they will be used situationally based on the coaching evaluation of the opponents weaknesses.

Exactly.

Four guys, pretty much all different styles. Gonna be interesting to see how the staff chooses to utilize them.

Hell, why not Cross at FB in certain situations? I could see Cross taking a FB dive to the HOUSE!

Welcome back to 2006, fellas.

• Fire 1

I like Wilbon. He's short but he's built like a truck. He looks the part already. I think smaller backs make it difficult for defenses to spot or pickup initially.

3472950.JPG

I've always liked Husker RBs that wore #21. Damon Benning, Derek Brown, Roger Craig....

From the glimpses we saw of him on the field last year, I thought he looked like a more promising complimentary back than Newby.

3472950.JPG

From the glimpses we saw of him on the field last year, I thought he looked like a more promising complimentary back than Newby.

He didn't play a single snap last season

I like Taylor because LSU liked Taylor and they run with violent RB's and treat them like they are in a video game.

Is there some video clips we can post of Taylor here so we can get reacquainted with him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_zQYt9o2w

Don't want to be petty or a "Debbie Downer" here but Adam's stats for his senior year are:

2668 yds and 44 TD's. Adam comes back with a vengence after an injury ... you will like what you see

2,478 rushing yards and 39 touchdowns IN ONE SEASON

I must have completely missed what happened to him. But I remember watching this kid against Cedar Hill. He can flat out play. If he comes back healthy, we may be just fine.

3472950.JPG

Ha. Must have been thinking Nelson.

Yeah probably Nelson. I thought Nelson did a nice job with the few carries he got.

Taylor and Wilbon have the talent to make a great 1-2 combo for several years to come. I would be excited about that. Might not be next season when they put it all together, but should see plenty of glimpse. They just need to perform when they each get their opportunity. And stay healthy please!

3472950.JPG

Ha. Must have been thinking Nelson.

• Fire 2

Exactly.

FB? Well, in that case, go with Janovich. I think he's maybe a better back--moves, speed--than Cross:

3472950.JPG

Wilbon was MVP of the scout team lst year, I think. Yeah, he looks the part, Barry Sanders like build, more like Ezekiel Elliot. Over time, he probably wins the starting job, IMO, but I don't think that will happen until sometime mid to late season, as he gains experience. I still have a fair amount of faith in Newby, that is, if he starts running stronger.

Exactly.

FB? Well, in that case, go with Janovich. I think he's maybe a better back--moves, speed--than Cross:

Yeah, better speed and moves than Cross......sure looked like it on that blocked FG against Iowa huh? He's is not a better back than Cross, and he better study up on the rules of the game. First thing you learn in football is the play isn't over til' the whistle blows.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11949728