Martinez

2a Ganz

2b Taylor

Keller

Lee

Armstrong

6a Kellogg

6b Green

The top three were good for really different reasons. Martinez was the flashy big-play guy, Ganz was a jack-of-all-trades guy, while Taylor was the best pocket-passer we've had in 30 years. Keller has a bad name at Nebraska, but as a pocket passer he was fine, and I'd take another year of Keller before I'd take another year of Zac Lee. No offense to Zac - huge fan.

I would agree with this but with one change - I'd Move Taylor to #1. Wtout Zac we could have had 4 losing seasons under BC - Taylor was a coach on the field. He made up for some of the play calling with his truly gutsy play (he and Ganz really stood out in that way). Both he and Ganz took some horrible hits (multiple sac games) but always got up. They weren't afraid to take a hit in order to get the 1st down either. I do think the top 3 have significant separation from the others (wt Armstrong - still to be determined). Ganz should have started his JR year and I think the team knew it and that is a big reason why BC lost the team and eventually his job. BC throwing his lot in wt Keller (who could have been better if he had more years of development here) sealed his fate - that and his terrible D. His D the year before was decent. I think part of losing the D was BC's decision at QB. Ganz proved it the next year wt Bo's 1st team. Ganz made that team a winner with his leadership and gutsy play. TM is a standout purely with his individual skills. Not a leader like Taylor or Ganz but he lead in his own way. He had some pretty amazing plays and individual drive that I think 'willed' the team to win in the season they won and had to win the last 6 games to win the division.

I think Zac Taylor is sometimes undervalued or underappreciated when we think about the QB's of the last 10 years. He was a pretty good QB.

Martinez put up several records and I'll never forget how electrifying he was his freshman year. But, one thing that will always hold him back in my mind is that he didn't win a lot of the big games that mattered, and it's tough to be considered the best when you have a propensity for turning the ball over.

These are both curious statements, since 1) Zac is either 1 or 2 in everyone's lists except one, and 2) Martinez won more games against top 20 teams than anyone else. Obviously he played a lot more games, but Ganz had none and Taylor had four if you count rank at the time of playing (all in the 20's), or zero if you go by end of season rankings.

I think he's in a lot of lists here because this is a board for die-hard Husker fans that know a lot. I think if you asked the "average" fan, though, Zac just seems to be a bit of a forgotten commodity. I just feel like his name doesn't pop up that often when talking about really good recent quarterbacks.

As far as Martinez goes, he was also 0-2 in title games and was 1-3 against Wisconsin and I think split a record with tOSU. But, he did seem to have success against MSU and some other good teams.

So, yes, he did beat ranked teams. But, he also didn't win any sort of conference title and he had a huge turnover problem. The turnovers, by far and away, taint his reputation in my eyes.