2015 NBA Playoffs

Mavric

Damn, Irving might be done for the series. His knee can't be right after that.. This had all of the makings for an awesome series before that reinjury.

No kidding. He goes down and Cavs sink. And after losing Love. Can't see them overcoming this. It's hard for the Cavs to generate offense (other than James) when they lack Irving.

Why is it whenever the NBA finals start, I think of a white Ford Bronco in a low speed chase?

That's honestly how I feel about most playoff series, if I'm following your analogy. I think the format the NBA uses is a great way to determine a champion, but just like hockey and baseball, it takes forever to determine a victor. Specifically, in terms of hockey, the fact that we're playing hockey in June right now is ridiculous. Honestly, same with basketball.

I know people love the sports and it's all about making as much money as possible for these organizations, but think about it... we're less than three months away from the start of the football season. NFL exhibition games are in two months. I know people somewhat like to gloss over the MLB regular season and the playoffs give them an opportunity to do that, but it's still pretty odd.

Why is it whenever the NBA finals start, I think of a white Ford Bronco in a low speed chase?

That's honestly how I feel about most playoff series, if I'm following your analogy. I think the format the NBA uses is a great way to determine a champion, but just like hockey and baseball, it takes forever to determine a victor. Specifically, in terms of hockey, the fact that we're playing hockey in June right now is ridiculous. Honestly, same with basketball.

I know people love the sports and it's all about making as much money as possible for these organizations, but think about it... we're less than three months away from the start of the football season. NFL exhibition games are in two months. I know people somewhat like to gloss over the MLB regular season and the playoffs give them an opportunity to do that, but it's still pretty odd.

I would honestly be in favor of starting NBA or NHL or both later so that they end closer to the start of football season. Most of the summer is terrible for sports unless you like baseball (which I don't) or the summer Olympics are on

That's honestly how I feel about most playoff series, if I'm following your analogy. ***SNIP***
Believe the reference was to OJ Simpson's attempted...escape?...suicide?...that interrupted Game 5 of the NBA Finals.

That's honestly how I feel about most playoff series, if I'm following your analogy. ***SNIP***
Believe the reference was to OJ Simpson's attempted...escape?...suicide?...that interrupted Game 5 of the NBA Finals.

Bingo - old fart reference

I would honestly be in favor of starting NBA or NHL or both later so that they end closer to the start of football season. Most of the summer is terrible for sports unless you like baseball (which I don't) or the summer Olympics are on

I still just find it weird to be playing winter sports (i.e. hockey) in summer, and basketball starts in November or early December. Six months is a long time.

I'd consider a temporary vegetable-like state of mind from about mid-June until the end of August! I enjoy baseball but not enough to watch my team's games all the time and I really only key in around the playoffs.

If Lebron pulls this off it'd be hard to argue he's not the greatest of all time, because the championship will have been entirely thanks to him. This team isn't getting to the Finals without Lebron James. This is also probably the worst team he's ever been to the Finals with.

The problem is I already felt Golden State could win this series in five games, likely six. That's with Kyrie. They're not winning with just Lebron. Individual excellence really only takes you so far in the NBA - when it comes time for the Finals you have to have a bench and you have to have more than one guy who can score. Is JR Smith that other option for the whole series? I'm not sure he is. And then you have James Jones who's entire job is to just shoot the basketball - he had only one shot in 17 minutes of play. That's not going to cut it.

It all still just feels weird though because it's like you're betting against Lebron, which always just seems wrong at it's core, but it's going to take a full on miracle for them to win. The funny thing is that our entire dialogue would be different today had that buzzer beater gone in. Entirely different. But, if they win more than one game this series I will be 100% shocked.