2015 NBA Playoffs

Mavric

I still have a hard time watching the NBA, but I watched some of the 1st quarter last night and the last couple minutes of OT. There is no consistency in the officiating at all.

This cracked me up though:

I was only able to watch the end of the game last night. That was some absolutely horrible officiating.

It wasn't their finest hour. The foul on LeBron with 1:30 was bad, but the 5.5 steps he took to get there were just as egregious.

https://vine.co/v/eMVvd9z9AM0

Yeah, the NBA doesn't much care for traveling so that not a surprise. That's a pretty legit foul though - raked him across his right arm.

I was only able to watch the end of the game last night. That was some absolutely horrible officiating.

It wasn't their finest hour. The foul on LeBron with 1:30 was bad, but the 5.5 steps he took to get there were just as egregious.

https://vine.co/v/eMVvd9z9AM0

Yeah, the NBA doesn't much care for traveling so that not a surprise. That's a pretty legit foul though - raked him across his right arm.

I think switching your pivot foot like that is pretty egregious, but they still let it go a lot.

That being said, that was a hack and a half with no call.

Why is it whenever the NBA finals start, I think of a white Ford Bronco in a low speed chase?

That's honestly how I feel about most playoff series, if I'm following your analogy. I think the format the NBA uses is a great way to determine a champion, but just like hockey and baseball, it takes forever to determine a victor. Specifically, in terms of hockey, the fact that we're playing hockey in June right now is ridiculous. Honestly, same with basketball.

I know people love the sports and it's all about making as much money as possible for these organizations, but think about it... we're less than three months away from the start of the football season. NFL exhibition games are in two months. I know people somewhat like to gloss over the MLB regular season and the playoffs give them an opportunity to do that, but it's still pretty odd.

I would honestly be in favor of starting NBA or NHL or both later so that they end closer to the start of football season. Most of the summer is terrible for sports unless you like baseball (which I don't) or the summer Olympics are on

I still just find it weird to be playing winter sports (i.e. hockey) in summer, and basketball starts in November or early December. Six months is a long time.

I'd consider a temporary vegetable-like state of mind from about mid-June until the end of August! I enjoy baseball but not enough to watch my team's games all the time and I really only key in around the playoffs.

Technically the regular season starts Halloween night with a handful of marquee games. I agree though, it takes WAY too long to determine a champion. Spreading out games to allow for "travel" is just BS. Making the first round a best of 7 a few years ago also added another week. I really think the season/playoffs should go from Halloween to Memorial Day. TV sadly doesn't agree with me and keeps stretching it out more and more.

As for this series, Cleveland showed some gritty defense after losing their second top 25 active NBA player for the playoffs. This team has no business being in the Finals, let alone tied at one. As much as it pains me to say it, it just shows how unbelievably talented LBJ is. Few, if any players, could will a team to this level. Not sure if he'll have the energy to maintain this play for the entire series, as he got gassed at OT in game 1 and basically halftime of game 2. I still think GS has more depth and if they figure out how to pick up the pace will wear down this Cavs team and win the series in 6 games at most. And I can't envision Steph having that bad of shooting night again this decade.

• Fire 1