“Every snap, every moment that I get out there is a huge deal for me.”

If Gangwich's play can match his motivation, plus we have VV and Collins in the middle, we might have a 1997 type or 1995 type defensive line in the making.

Gangwish should not have any comparison to Wistrom, Tomich, or Kelsay other than that they are all white and have played DE at Nebraska.

Just stop.

Absolutely nothing wrong with his comment.

Read again the bolded part.

Just because Gangwish "works hard" doesn't mean he is a difference-maker on the field. To me, it's a huge red flag that he is in position to start.

Good Lord.

He didn't say he DOES play like those guys from the 90s. He said IF his play could match his motivation.

The kid is extremely motivated and has the right attitude.

Nobody is saying he is Grant Wistrom.

• Fire 1

No, it just puts him in a position to start, when he'd be about 3rd string if we still had talent at the position.

Well, I guess now I know who is going to be dissected like crazy for his play all season long...

You don't even know the kid, and you toss him aside like he's no good. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Two things...

1. The only people that will be dissecting him are the ones that either think he will be amazing or really bad. If your expectations are in the right place there is really nothing to dissect

2. How many of us on this site "know" any of the guys on the team?

No, it just puts him in a position to start, when he'd be about 3rd string if we still had talent at the position.

There's no way anyone could know that. Gangwish could have beaten out those guys, or he could have been at the bottom of the depth chart. No way to know.
What? They were far better as underclassmen than Gangwish was as an upperclassman last year. It's a pretty safe bet the far better players would have remained ahead on the depth chart.

Is this bizzaro world?

Well, I guess now I know who is going to be dissected like crazy for his play all season long...

You don't even know the kid, and you toss him aside like he's no good. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I don't, I didn't, and I won't.

I guess some of you guys never watched Rudy.

Even if Moss was still here, just like last year with Gregory, Gangwish would be and was in the 3 man rotation. Hell, he would be in the rotation if Gregory and Moss were still here along with McMullen. We would have a nice 4 man rotation.

• Fire 2

I guess some of you guys never watched Rudy.

Even if Moss was still here, just like last year with Gregory, Gangwish would be and was in the 3 man rotation. Hell, he would be in the rotation if Gregory and Moss were still here along with McMullen. We would have a nice 4 man rotation.

Oh man, are you comparing him to Rudy? Watch out! Here comes a meltdown

• Fire 1

Rudy Reuttiger was a scout team player that eventually dressed his senior year and only ever played 3 plays at Notre Dame.

Jack Gangwish backed up Randy Gregory, played a lot of snaps in his junior year, and is slated to be a starting defensive end for the Huskers in his Senior season.