“Every snap, every moment that I get out there is a huge deal for me.”

If Gangwich's play can match his motivation, plus we have VV and Collins in the middle, we might have a 1997 type or 1995 type defensive line in the making.

Gangwish should not have any comparison to Wistrom, Tomich, or Kelsay other than that they are all white and have played DE at Nebraska.

Just stop.

Absolutely nothing wrong with his comment.

Read again the bolded part.

Just because Gangwish "works hard" doesn't mean he is a difference-maker on the field. To me, it's a huge red flag that he is in position to start.

ya because a walk on should never see the field. yes im being sarcastic. we need guys like this to get playing time and to earn schollys. it pushes everyone to work harder or they might just get passed up.
  • Fire 1

Red flag because Gangwish is a starter?

Geezus, I don't know where you people come up with this crap.

Gangwish is a powerful dude with a badass mentality. He's a home grown Husker and he loves strapping it up and playing his ass off for the team we all love. He's living the dream.

Cut the sh#t and show some respect.

The kids gonna shut his doubters up and I can't wait for him to do it. He already did a nice job shutting some people up last year and he easily looks bigger and stronger now, and his attitude and leadership are through the roof.

I'm rootin for him.

• Fire 7

If Gangwich's play can match his motivation, plus we have VV and Collins in the middle, we might have a 1997 type or 1995 type defensive line in the making.

Gangwish should not have any comparison to Wistrom, Tomich, or Kelsay other than that they are all white and have played DE at Nebraska.

Just stop.

Just because Gangwish "works hard" doesn't mean he is a difference-maker on the field. To me, it's a huge red flag that he is in position to start.

Good thing your opinion.....of what a red flag is, is less than adequate.

• Fire 2

Just stop.

Huh? Moss would have been starting over him in a heartbeat, you know that.

Problem is...Moss lets his snake out of the cage.

• Fire 1

Just stop.

Why are people still mentioning Moss, it's been 2 years now.

Just stop.

Why are people still mentioning Moss, it's been 2 years now.
Because everyone thought he would be reinstated this year and regain his starting job.

So there isn't a bit of concern that a walk-ok who didn't do much last year is going to be starting at d-end in 2015?

I hope Gangwish does well because he is going to see a lot of 1 on 1 opportunities with the o-tackle while the opponents shift their focus to Collins and Valentine inside.

Who on the defensive line did do much? Randy Gregory is projected as a top 15 pick and was once projected top 5. Maliek Collins and Vincent Valentine are already being hailed as future NFL draft picks. What did any of these guys DO?

Did Randy Gregory have a top five pick kind of year? What am I missing?

Did Collins and Valentine own the stat sheet somewhere else because they sure as hell didn't do it here at Nebraska last year? I don't see you or anyone else questioning the praise of Collins and Valentine?

So why are we "red flagging" a kid who played right beside all those guys last year and did the same damn things those kids did? They did what they were asked to do within the system their coaches taught.

Play patty cake, read and react.

Now top that with the fact that this guy is from Nebraska, he's earned the praise of his peers, the new staff, and the previous staff, and he's saying and doing all the right things and I say to hell with questioning this kid.

• Fire 2

It is telling of the talent/depth at the position. He'd be pretty far down on the depth chart if it wasn't for Moss's veiner schlinging incident, and RG leaving early.

I thought that's all that was meant by red flag, in which case it is a red flag.

There's depth issues at DE. Moss would be a starting DE this year if he were here. Moss was clearly very talented.

I can't for the life of me see how one makes the connection that because RG left early, and Moss was kicked off the team that somehow means Gangwish hasn't shown his worth. The former coaches thought he was worthy of playing. The new staff thinks he could start.

So because a top five pick left, and another highly talented guy was surrounded by expectations that he never even came close to reaching also leaves, that somehow diminishes Gangwish?

• Fire 1

No, it just puts him in a position to start, when he'd be about 3rd string if we still had talent at the position.

Well, I guess now I know who is going to be dissected like crazy for his play all season long...

You don't even know the kid, and you toss him aside like he's no good. You should be ashamed of yourself.