Statement from Gregory regarding the draft's first day

It will be very interesting to see how things shake out. It's not like Gregory is the first player from Nebraska to basically go through the motions while here only to somewhat tear it up in the NFL. Mike Rucker is a perfect example of someone who took a lot of plays off while here but went on to a fairly successful NFL career. Correll Buckhalter is another one. He was a career underachiever while here and also shared Gregory's love of the herb only to go on and have a decent NFL career.

It's all up to Gregory now. By falling into the second round, it will be difficult to be labeled a bust if things don't work out. This perhaps will be the wake up call or slap to the face he needed to get his priorities in order.

It was reported really early that a husker coaching staff member said the money would ruin Gregory. The insinuation I got was big money would make him lazy.

Thanks Bo. OK, maybe not Bo, but I don't think whoever it was needs to speculate like that, nor is he probably qualified to do so.

I think a coach is very qualified to say so.

A coach is qualified to say if he doesn't work hard in the locker room, or in practice, or takes it easy some plays, or doesn't get off the ball well, or doesn't use his hands well, stuff like that. Unless he's something like a behavioral psychologist, he can't predict what money will do to Gregory. He's just guessing. Plus, it's a dick thing to say about a former player.

Lots of those GM's want a guy that claims that football is his life. All he thinks about is football football football.

I say you tell the GM's what they want to hear and get your contract and be smart with your money and retire as soon as you can.

Unless you are a punter or kicker...you might as well play for as long as you can.

• Fire 1

For some reason I get the Herschel Walker 30 for 30 vibe where he dealt with multiple personality disorder throughout his career at Georgia. Perhaps not the same diagnosis but a serious enough issue for teams to think twice.

Yeah I'm a little stupified at this point. Randy just got interviewed by Suzy Kolber and flat out said 'but I know I have some problems'.

This is almost turning into a soap opera. He seems like a good kid.

Personally, really do not care one way or the other. He never gave his all while here, as most on here gave him. Short changed it seems. He has problems obviously, and it is not about honesty or being a nice guy. It is about millions of dollars and return on investment. Easy to say you will, but when you have two seasons at Nebraska and never truly played or invested to the level he was capable of that haunts you. These people look at film, they no what happened behind the scenes. I think the past staff over looked things to a great degree with him. Nebraska gave him an opportunity to make it to the pros, so far he has blown that big time.

I want him to do well, but if he doesn't, he has no one to blame but himself.

I do not think he is going to go in the 2nd round either, but who knows.

Personally, really do not care one way or the other. He never gave his all while here, as most on here gave him. Short changed it seems. He has problems obviously, and it is not about honesty or being a nice guy. It is about millions of dollars and return on investment. Easy to say you will, but when you have two seasons at Nebraska and never truly played or invested to the level he was capable of that haunts you. These people look at film, they no what happened behind the scenes. I think the past staff over looked things to a great degree with him. Nebraska gave him an opportunity to make it to the pros, so far he has blown that big time.

I want him to do well, but if he doesn't, he has no one to blame but himself.

I do not think he is going to go in the 2nd round either, but who knows.

But no one knows exactly what his problems are. If they are psychological then the whole millions of dollars and getting a return on an investment argument is mute. Sometimes people need help. Especially if it's something like anxiety attacks or a possible psychological issue.

• Fire 1