Statement from Gregory regarding the draft's first day

Maybe he admitted during those interviews that he was high while he stole crab legs? Or that he stole crab legs because he was high? Or that the crab legs he stole were stuffed with weed?

What I'm getting at is, clearly stealing crab legs (or being gifted crab legs by a fan) isn't a problem. Clearly smoking weed doesn't keep you out of the first round. So... a combination of all of those? Or more - maybe he admitted he's a soccer fan?

Maybe he admitted during those interviews that he was high while he stole crab legs? Or that he stole crab legs because he was high? Or that the crab legs he stole were stuffed with weed?

What I'm getting at is, clearly stealing crab legs (or being gifted crab legs by a fan) isn't a problem. Clearly smoking weed doesn't keep you out of the first round. So... a combination of all of those? Or more - maybe he admitted he's a soccer fan?

Don't forget getting dismissed from your college team because you clashed with coaches.

This is pure speculation and I want to label it that.

I've started wondering if RG was dealing pretty heavily. The rumor mill seems to be in consensus that he was smoking. A lot. It wouldn't surprise me if he had his fingers more in the cookie jar. Again completely unfounded, but would it would help explain his drop a little better in my mind.

Maybe being toooo honest hurt him in the eyes of those coaches and GMs & they couldn't separate the past from the future. Regardless, I hope he has set himself on the right path and plays with abandon and proves to be an all star. Come on Vikings - take a chance on him.

• Fire 1

I said it in a status update earlier that I removed. I find it funny that people act like the only players who smoke pot are the ones that get caught. I had the same discussion with my wife last night who is very against weed. She says the same things I have been reading, "why throw away millions of dollars to smoke pot?".

Well, if he gets drafted tonight does it really matter? Personally, couldn't care less if he tokes up. The entire nation is currently doing the dance of "well it's illegal buuuuuut you can smoke it if it's for health reasons or if you live in certain states". Yet we are going to pretend that likely half the NFL doesn't smoke pot for recreational use and or as a way of killing the pain.

If the pot use is truly what held Gregory back last night, I would be shocked. I would have to assume that size and perceived work ethic were what held him back. But his statement above should help ease suitors into snatching him up.

Don't forget getting dismissed from your college team because you clashed with coaches.

What? He was dismissed from the team?