5 Beavers drafted: Tied for 2nd in the Pac 12

Not sure how to spin this one haha! But it is possible to have talent on both sides of the ball, but be lacking in critical areas for success. They also had a tougher schedule than we did last year. 3 of their loses have just as many if not more draft picks, and 2 others have one less. Hard to really glen much after seeing that.

• Fire 1

Not sure how to spin this one haha! But it is possible to have talent on both sides of the ball, but be lacking in critical areas for success. They also had a tougher schedule than we did last year. 3 of their loses have just as many if not more draft picks, and 2 others have one less. Hard to really glen much after seeing that.

I agree, these draft numbers really make me shake my head.

This shouldn't worry you imo. Football has to be the most team centered sports there is. Sure you have a couple stars that can change a game, but the other 23+ players matter just as much. When you're going toe to toe with the Oregons/Stanfords/USCs/UCLA/ASUs of the world their depth will most times be too much for a team like OSU. Personally, I see this as a good thing for us. When they have to fill their recruiting classes with 2 and 3 stars and still get 5 guys drafted, that has to be a measure of Riley & co.'s ability to develop the players they had.

• Fire 4

This shouldn't worry you imo. Football has to be the most team centered sports there is. Sure you have a couple stars that can change a game, but the other 23+ players matter just as much. When you're going toe to toe with the Oregons/Stanfords/USCs/UCLA/ASUs of the world their depth will most times be too much for a team like OSU. Personally, I see this as a good thing for us. When they have to fill their recruiting classes with 2 and 3 stars and still get 5 guys drafted, that has to be a measure of Riley & co.'s ability to develop the players they had.

I could see that, I think it makes sense. We could look at it as that in the future we can expect the Huskers to have 5-8 NFL picks each year.

I could see that, I think it makes sense. We could look at it as that in the future we can expect the Huskers to have 5-8 NFL picks each year.

I actually think that's quite possible the next couple of years. Idk how big of classes we have graduating but it seems we have enough potential in some of our players that you at least shoiuld see an uptick in the number of early round picks. Although, I don't think NFL prospects directly correlates to wins. Look at a team like Miami. 7 total picks 3 of them going before any of our players went. Flowers (R1 9O) got handled by Gregory in what I thought was his best game last season, Dorsett (R1 29O) had 2 catches for 48 yds against an undrafted Mitchell and Davie, and Perryman (R2 48O) was made a fool at times by AA.

I see one sure fire pick next year (looking at SR's only), Alex Lewis. Obviously Jamal Turner, Daniel Davie, Givens Price, Kondolo could have a chance if they take their game a notch up or to the level we think is possible. Santos, J.Rose, Cross, Cockrell would be others to watch but I don't see making the move.

Jr's on the other hand: Westerkamp, Valentine, M.Rose-Ivey, McMullen, Gerry, Collins are locks to get drafted as long as something doesn't go wrong. Then you have guys like Banderas, Leroy Alexander, Cethan Carter, Charles Jackson, Terrell Newby, Reilly have a chance if they continue to improve in the next 2 years like they did their first 2/3. Don't know if you throw Foltz in there somewhere.

Pac-12 Draft Picks by School

2015 - USC 6, Stanford 6, Oregon 5, Oregon St 5, AZ St 4, Utah 4, Wash 4, UCLA 3, WSU 2, AZ 0, Cal 0, Colorado 0

2014 - USC 3, Stanford 6, Oregon 4, Oregon St 2, AZ St 3, Utah 2, Wash 2, UCLA 5, WSU 1, AZ 3, Cal 2, Colorado 1

2013 - USC 4, Stanford 3, Oregon 5, Oregon St 2, AZ St 0, Utah 2, Wash 1, UCLA 4, WSU 1, AZ 0, Cal 4, Colorado 2

2012 - USC 3, Stanford 4, Oregon 4, Oregon St 1, AZ St 2, Utah 1, Wash 2, UCLA 0, WSU 0, AZ 3, Cal 6, Colorado 2

TOTAL - USC 16, Stanford 19, Oregon 18, OSU 10, AZ 9, Utah 9, Wash 9, UCLA 12, WSU 4, AZ 6, Cal 12, Buffs 5

:bluffs

• Fire 1

Pac-12 Draft Picks by School

2015 - USC 6, Stanford 6, Oregon 5, Oregon St 5, AZ St 4, Utah 4, Wash 4, UCLA 3, WSU 2, AZ 0, Cal 0, Colorado 0

2014 - USC 3, Stanford 6, Oregon 4, Oregon St 2, AZ St 3, Utah 2, Wash 2, UCLA 5, WSU 1, AZ 3, Cal 2, Colorado 1

2013 - USC 4, Stanford 3, Oregon 5, Oregon St 2, AZ St 0, Utah 2, Wash 1, UCLA 4, WSU 1, AZ 0, Cal 4, Colorado 2

2012 - USC 3, Stanford 4, Oregon 4, Oregon St 1, AZ St 2, Utah 1, Wash 2, UCLA 0, WSU 0, AZ 3, Cal 6, Colorado 2

TOTAL - USC 16, Stanford 19, Oregon 18, OSU 10, AZ 9, Utah 9, Wash 9, UCLA 12, WSU 4, AZ 6, Cal 12, Buffs 5

:bluffs

You are making me feel worse! Not better!